Curry

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I don't seen any threads about his "injury" last night so I assume that's good news. Has anyone heard anything at all or is this just a non-issue?

2qrx4o

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about. It is vital for this team that Curry is able to stay healthy and keep providing solid minutes during Big Ten play. Especially since Murphy can't seem to avoid the dumb fouls lately.

Glad it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about. It is vital for this team that Curry is able to stay healthy and keep providing solid minutes during Big Ten play. Especially since Murphy can't seem to avoid the dumb fouls lately.

Lately? You mean the last 3 1/2 seasons...right? Averages over 3 fouls per conference game in his career.

In the second half, Curry hit a beautiful 15 foot jumper from the side that is just a hint of what he could do. He will never be the rebounding savant that Murphy is but he can still be a really, really good PF here for the next few years. Bigs who can hit from outside are very tough to defend. I love what him and Oturu together could do.

Lately? You mean the last 3 1/2 seasons...right? Averages over 3 fouls per conference game in his career.

A guy as active as Murphy is down low is going to have fouls called on him because he is always in there mixing it up. Murphy's problem is when he gets nailed for the fouls out top or in situations where he just didn't need to do it. He seems to waste 1-2 fouls a game in dumb situations where it could have been avoided.

A guy as active as Murphy is down low is going to have fouls called on him because he is always in there mixing it up. Murphy's problem is when he gets nailed for the fouls out top or in situations where he just didn't need to do it. He seems to waste 1-2 fouls a game in dumb situations where it could have been avoided.

Completely agree. It isn't the amount of fouls (all the time) but its the quality (or lackthereof) of his fouls. Reaching in needlessly is not a good foul.

Murphy gets absolutely hammered several items a game and of officials do not make half the calls. Then on the other side, they blow whistle right away on Murphy for a touch foul. '

Often when Murphy misses a in close shot and it looks odd, If you back up the DVR to re-watch at 1/15 speed you will see the defenders chopping down and hitting Murphy's off arm, lunging into his body or even reaching around, hitting the body, then overhand chopping down on his shooting arm or wrist with no call, not even a "home" call. These are not NBA all Defense 7 footers that are stopping Murphy, but weaker, smaller college players that are grabbing and hacking.... and getting away with it.

The officials are screwing Murphy all the time and punishing him for being stronger than the players players around him. If Murphy delivered the illegal contact to the players he is defending i in the post equal to what his being done to him, he would be called for almost every time.

Last edited:

Murphy gets absolutely hammered several items a game and of officials do not make half the calls. Then on the other side, they blow whistle right away on Murphy for a touch foul. '

Often when Murphy misses a in close shot and it looks odd, If you back up the DVR to 1/15 speed you will see the defenders chopping down and hitting Murphy's off arm, lunging into his body or even reaching around, hitting the body, then hitting ihs shooting arm wrist with no call, not even a "home" call. These are not NBA all Defense 7 footers that are stopping Murphy, but weaker college players that are grabbing and hacking.... and getting away with it.

The officials are screwing Murphy all the time and punishing him for being stronger than the players players around him. If Murphy delivered the illegal contact to the players he is defending i in the post equal to what his being done to him, he would be called for almost every time.
Accurate assessment. His strength seems to make him look painfully dominant and I think that leads to the calls against him.

Top Bottom