Marcus West to Charlotte

mkAz

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we get picked apart after finally beating wisconsin once what will happen if we ever start putting up 8+ win seasons continually lol

That’s a good promotion.

DL coach is the hardest position to get looks at coordinator positions IMO.
Great resume move for him. Charlotte is an FBS now I think

Looks like Rossi and PJ have another Defensive coaching hire to make...

Lateral move? Going to Assistant Head Coach at a G5 is not a lateral move to being a position coach at P5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assistant Head Coach is basically a ceremonial title. Going from a Big Ten team on the rise to a bottom of the barrel Conference USA team seems very odd.

I can't believe there's any kind of huge pay bump involved...

Assistant Head Coach is basically a ceremonial title. Going from a Big Ten team on the rise to a bottom of the barrel Conference USA team seems very odd.

If he wants to move up in the coaching ranks, the word coordinator being in his job title helps a lot.

I Believe I read that his wife is Asst. Basketball coach at perhaps North Carolina St.

Yep. This is from his bio: "West is married to N.C. State women’s basketball associate head coach Nikki West."

He/she must be lonely after being here for just one year.

Yep. This is from his bio: "West is married to N.C. State women’s basketball associate head coach Nikki West."

He/she must be lonely after being here for just one year.

She is not currently on their coaching staff.

Did you miss the part about him being a coordinator?

Considering we just gave Joe the job, doesn't make sense that we'd give Marcus a co-defensive coordinator role.

Since Minnesota's D-Line looks like a group on the rise, I'm fine with this. I'd like to see a hire like Coach Addae---a young coach on the rise with recruiting strength in a specific geographic area. Just as Coach Adae brings strength in Tampa and Los Vegas, I'd like to see a new coach with strength in North Texas, North Georgia, St. Louis or Chicago.

Apparently you glossed over the co-defensive coordinator part of the title. This would absolutely be seen as a step up doing from a position coach to a co-coordinator/assistant head coach.

I do agree though that the Assistant Head Coach title is often just used as a way to get guys more money and doesn't mean a whole lot unless the head coach is forced to step down for some reason.

Since Minnesota's D-Line looks like a group on the rise, I'm fine with this. I'd like to see a hire like Coach Addae---a young coach on the rise with recruiting strength in a specific geographic area. Just as Coach Adae brings strength in Tampa and Los Vegas, I'd like to see a new coach with strength in North Texas, North Georgia, St. Louis or Chicago.

I assume that the Maine guy will slide into the defensive line coach position?

Fleck is in a much better position to recruit and hire coaches than he has been before. I am not concerned about any replacements. The original group was a whirlwind exercise. I expect he has a long list of prospects.

I have confidence in Fleck that he will make a strong hire to fill the open spot. However, I am really hoping he hires back Sherels to coach linebackers if he's interested.

Maybe there is a reason why PJ Fleck did not appear in last Sunday's Sports Huddle during the AFCA Convention weekend.

He must be casing other potential replacement coaches for Ciarrocca and West. Now that Ciarrocca changed his mind, it will only the DLine coach that he needs to secure. Hopefully, no other coaches decide to bolt to bigger and better pastures.

Maybe there is a reason why PJ Fleck did not appear in last Sunday's Sports Huddle during the AFCA Convention weekend.

He must be casing other potential replacement coaches for Ciarrocca and West. Now that Ciarrocca changed his mind, it will only the DLine coach that he needs to secure. Hopefully, no other coaches decide to bolt to bigger and better pastures.

One coach left for Charlotte
And you’re waiting for everyone to bail for “bigger and better pastures”

Slow your roll man

Considering we now have both Harasymiak and Rossi, one could coach the LB's and the other the D-line so PJ wouldn't necessarily have to limit his coaching search to just D-line coaches if he didn't want to.

Interesting (or not) the former d.c. of Charlotte Glenn Spencer is now the d.c. of FAU under Lane Kiffin.

Top Bottom