What will be the attendance at Gophers/Purdue game?

What will be the attendance at Gophers/Purdue game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 38 80.9%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
How many fans will be in attendance on Saturday? I think fans will be intrigued with the new DC and hopefully that helps.

less than 25k should be an option

i am guessing that actual attendance is around 19,000-22,000 range.

Now that the corrupt ticket salesman is gone I would say 20-25k.

Fleck will beat his own record for lowest game attendance.

Actual attendance? I think you have an extra zero on those numbers. No way there will be 35,000 people in that stadium. Maybe announced attendance (i.e. ticket sales).

I'll be surprised if there are 15,000 at peak. Awful team, awful weather, nondescript opponent. I don't want to go, and I'm a diehard fan. Why would any rational person consider attending this game?

Actual attendance? I think you have an extra zero on those numbers. No way there will be 35,000 people in that stadium. Maybe announced attendance (i.e. ticket sales).

I'll be surprised if there are 15,000 at peak. Awful team, awful weather, nondescript opponent. I don't want to go, and I'm a diehard fan. Why would any rational person consider attending this game?

How does that apply? We're Gopher fans. :eek:

My 4 seats will be full.

First 10K get a hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday's attendance will be an all-time low for TCF Stadium...and that includes the Spring game...

Saturday's attendance will be an all-time low for TCF Stadium...and that includes the Spring game...

I doubt that. But it will be very sparse. Not many but the diehards want to sit in the cold and get pasted by 40. I doubt the bottom half of the student section will fill up.

I doubt that. But it will be very sparse. Not many but the diehards want to sit in the cold and get pasted by 40. I doubt the bottom half of the student section will fill up.
I was being facetious about the Spring game. I do think this Saturday will be an all-time low for TCF Bank Stadium.

There needs to be lower options, none of those options are even remotely realistic except less than 35k. The top option shouldn't even be that high.

Diehards only Saturday! I’ll be there and bringing a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For what it's worth, the announced attendance may be higher than many think. Many sections in the upper deck corners seem to be almost completely sold out. Not sure if this is group tickets like the 4-packs or what, but they're almost all gone. Not to say that everyone will show up, but it appears that the inventory for Saturday's game is lower than one would think. Here is section 232, for instance...almost completely sold out.
1701a6a6a9a1d21fee9ce95da0f81643.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Will Coach Whalens debut draw more on Fri night than actual people in seats on Sat?

Will Coach Whalens debut draw more on Fri night than actual people in seats on Sat?

We’ll never know, since no one counts actual people in seats. And if they did,!there would be about a dozen P5 programs that regularly have < 1,000.

The WSJ article from a couple months ago showed no-shows averaged 17K at TCF in 2017. Tomorrow’s number should soar past that level.

We’ll be “The Teeth-Chattering Smattering”.

Three of us season ticket holders will be there for the opening kick off. There's no guarantee though that we won't be sitting in a warm bar by half-time if our lads are getting their asses kicked. (sorry, that's just how I roll now after watching years and years of this sh*t show).

For what it's worth, the announced attendance may be higher than many think. Many sections in the upper deck corners seem to be almost completely sold out. Not sure if this is group tickets like the 4-packs or what, but they're almost all gone. Not to say that everyone will show up, but it appears that the inventory for Saturday's game is lower than one would think. Here is section 232, for instance...almost completely sold out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That's a lot of pizzas!!!

There's also the military promotion the U ran for this game, where the U donated a ticket for every ticket donated by someone. That could account for the big blocks sold.

I've seen people on Twitter openly speculating that there will be more actual people at the Women's BB game than at the FB game. I hope that isn't the case. Just for the sake of optics, it would really look bad to have an actual crowd of under 15,000 people for a Gopher game. My guess would be about 20 to 25,000 actual people at the FB game. (depending on the weather).

What was the announced attendance. It looked like under 20k on TV.

31,068! We beat the previous TCF record low (IU two weeks ago) by over 2K! Making history!

That's "announced." For actual butts in seats, I'm guessing it was somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 at best.

So, one could make an argument that more fans attended the Women's basketball and Volleyball games on Friday than attended the football game on Saturday. Of course, the basketball and volleyball games were inside - and the Volleyball team is one of the best in the country.

That's "announced." For actual butts in seats, I'm guessing it was somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 at best.

So, one could make an argument that more fans attended the Women's basketball and Volleyball games on Friday than attended the football game on Saturday. Of course, the basketball and volleyball games were inside - and the Volleyball team is one of the best in the country.

Really? Why that's a new concept..:rolleyes:

Top Bottom