All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

Kangaroo Court is now in session...

One thing I would like to know going into this is which players were not present at the time of the act in question. Next I would like to know who was present. And finally who participated.

I'm curious if all kids will even show up if it's in front of eeoa or whatever they are called.

Never satisfied.

Why would this satisfy anyone who doesn't believe they were given due process?

The president of the University already called them rapists. You can't undo these things. The second everything went down the way it did, I could have told you exactly how it was going to go (this is status quo for these types of investigations). This procedure of investigating sexual assaults is broken (IMO), so letting the broken procedure play out doesn't "fix" anything. I don't think anything can be "fixed" for these 10.

The only satisfaction will be found if the process is drastically changed for future investigations. That won't happen either because it would be admitting some fault and that just won't happen any time soon. But if you're looking for satisfaction in what has been called "the due process crowd" (you could just call us Americans or people with common sense), it will only be found with the procedural changes at the U. The ship has sailed for these 10.

Why wouldn't they?

There is a decent chance they wouldn't show up if they transferred (they still might to remove the "sexual assault" from their transcripts).

They also might continue to show up so that these clowns are still under a microscope.

There is a decent chance they wouldn't show up if they transferred (they still might to remove the "sexual assault" from their transcripts).

They also might continue to show up so that these clowns are still under a microscope.

Not sure transferring gets them in the clear.... other schools might not look kindly on that.

They're all enrolled and pretty sure if they can they would all like to play football here if possible

Not sure transferring gets them in the clear.... other schools might not look kindly on that.

You can google it for yourself, he gave an interview post-boycott in the parking lot and referred to the alleged victim as a victim of sexual assault.

If she's a victim. . . they are rapists.

You can google it for yourself, he gave an interview post-boycott in the parking lot and referred to the alleged victim as a victim of sexual assault.

If she's a victim. . . they are rapists.

So there are not other forms of sexual assault? Only rape?

So there are not other forms of sexual assault? Only rape?

but does the average person make that distinction? If you were identified publicly as a suspect in a sexual assault, I suspect the vast majority of people (who are not following every detail of the case) hear the term "sexual assault" and they think rape. And, if a public official - say the President of a major university - publicly referred to the woman in the case as the "victim," I suspect many people would take that as a tacit indictment that the incident happened and you are guilty - i.e. making you a "rapist" in the eyes of the public.

Or you guys could follow the story instead of just eating what the media feeds you. The U has referred to the girl as a "victim of sexual assault". The public labels her "a survivor". Anyone can see they have been labeled rapists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There certainly is perverse result when a school says a sexual assault occurred, presents a list of names of specific people associated with it at various levels / some proposed punishments.... but they can't say anything because of privacy....

Kafka_portrait.jpg

The timing of the hearings makes perfect sense. Disclaimer: this post is totally unrelated to any victims or sexual assaults/rapes (purely football related). This will allow the players to get answers as to their future in a U of M uniform as well as let Fleck know where he stands before signing day. The players can take a few days after the final decision by the board to look at their future. Somewhat related to that, Fleck is said to have 28 scholarships to work with. Does anyone definitively know whether that includes players recommended for suspension or expulsion? I'm assuming not and he has a ton of open scholarships. That would explain why there are so many offers out and new targets every day.

whether you are suspended for any reason at school a doesn't matter to school b (with the exception of the same school system, like mnscu).

Or you guys could follow the story instead of just eating what the media feeds you. The U has referred to the girl as a "victim of sexual assault". The public labels her "a survivor". Anyone can see they have been labeled rapists.

Oh no the big bad main stream media is manipulating me right? Would you rather them label her the 'accuser'?

whether you are suspended for any reason at school a doesn't matter to school b (with the exception of the same school system, like mnscu).

I belive at least as far as athletics a couple conferences have put some rules in place covering eligibility to play sports if they were punished elsewhere.

Let alone the informal issue of "man I don't want to get **** for playing that guy".

It seems like if they're gonna bolt taking care of business here would be in their interest.

Oh no the big bad main stream media is manipulating me right? Would you rather them label her the 'accuser'?

Accuser is accurate.
Victim has not been proven.
Yes, I would. So should you.

A thousand reported assaults on the U campus and zero prosecutions. Let's start with Bob and due process. Go ahead, Bob. Grace us with your wisdom as an attorney. Maybe start with police procedural failure. Maybe, follow up with how the EEOA is ill suited to be an investigative unit, when the police are so much better at investigating alleged sexual assault, given their track record of zero prosecutions! Maybe police reform is better than U procedures. If we were better at police investigation, then, just maybe, the U would not have to lean on the EEOA so much.

I have searched the web for Kaler speaking about rapists, and the only case I can find is of a completely separate case of a fraternal brother raping a student.

I'd suggest we try jury tampering. Money, threats, etc.

No, he didn't say anything about rapists, the entire media did and he did nothing about that.
AND if he was wanting to protect everyone on campus, then why didn't he step in immediately after the incident first came to his attention and do something?

No, he didn't say anything about rapists, the entire media did and he did nothing about that.
AND if he was wanting to protect everyone on campus, then why didn't he step in immediately after the incident first came to his attention and do something?

Kaler is not in charge of external media, who came to their own conclusions. And, what is he to do? Admonish the media? Or, maybe he could just say that they "were not rapists." Now, that would have "cleared" up everything and given nobody justice. And, as for "stepping in", wow, that really would not be necessary given that a whole department handles this work and seem to be running as required for their mission. And, since that mission is not broken, it does not require fixing. Now, that is a fresh perspective.

Top Bottom