Marshall, MN DE commits to Iowa

We aren’t supposed to discuss other teams’ recruits on here. No one should care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren’t supposed to discuss other teams’ recruits on here. No one should care.

Don't think it was put that way. Not interested in other teams recruits that we are not offering. Minnesota kid with a MN. offer has some interest on this board.

Don't think it was put that way. Not interested in other teams recruits that we are not offering. Minnesota kid with a MN. offer has some interest on this board.

How about NE recruits we didn’t recruit that get in legal trouble?

As noted on another thread, I've seen Yahya Black play basketball for Marshall. Big Body, moves fairly well. Put him on a college weight program and I could see him as an interesting developmental project.

And - FWIW - this is the same school that produced Blaise Andries. (plus former FB player and current Gopher Baseball player Drew Hmielewski.)

And Spoof - I think this has merit in light of prior discussions about in-state recruiting. Now, maybe Black wasn't a primary target for the Gophers. I don't know. But, he is still an in-state kid that is getting D1 interest from multiple teams, and is ranked among the top 10 prospects in MN for his class. And, he chose to attend one of the Gophers' primary rivals. I think that warrants a mention.

Sorry to see this guy leave Minnesota.

Apparently from the commit pic they have a sign in their practice facility that says "The Road to Indianapolis Travels Through These Doors".

I look forward to our new B1G commish moving the game to his baby, US Bank Stadium, so that Iowa players and recruits get to walk through "The Road to Minnesota Travels Through These Doors"

How about NE recruits we didn’t recruit that get in legal trouble?

I'd be in favor of one single thread for all discussion of opponent recruiting.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Not a good development with Black going to the Hawkeyes. I hope I'm wrong on this. Time will tell.

It is difficult enough beating the suckeyes as is. Now it becomes even more difficult beating them with MN. recruits. Somehow we need to put a fence around the State. Who was the last recruit from Iowa playing for the Gophers?

It is difficult enough beating the suckeyes as is. Now it becomes even more difficult beating them with MN. recruits. Somehow we need to put a fence around the State. Who was the last recruit from Iowa playing for the Gophers?
Kieft

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Not a good development with Black going to the Hawkeyes. I hope I'm wrong on this. Time will tell.

"Development"? Yup, program is in shambles.

Some kids in the south part of state want to stay there. Rochester CC and SWMS are not that attractive.

Minnesota is increasingly becoming a hotbed for Midwest recruiting. Losing guys to Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern has been going on for ages. Now add Nebraska and Iowa State to the list for football.

In forty years, MN's population grew from 4.05 million to 5.68 million this year - a whopping 28.7% increase. As the population continue to grow due jobs and other demographic indicators, MN will only get more attention in D1 sports recruiting.

Of course, we will talk about instate players that we'd lost to neighboring competition.

Some kids in the south part of state want to stay there. Rochester CC and SWMS are not that attractive.

FYI - Iowa City is not in Southern MN

Now you are just being childish, you know very well the differences.

Now you are just being childish, you know very well the differences.

I do indeed know the difference between a WI recruit from HI who we didn’t offer and an IA recruit who is a MN kid we did offer. I also understand what might make a NE recruit we didn’t offer newsworthy. I have also gathered that our rivals recruiting rankings are OK to discuss.

What I don’t understand is how to know for sure when another team’s specific recruit is okay to discuss or when it will result in someone getting mad and the mods deleting the thread. Seems to me a highly rated recruit choosing our biggest rival fits the bill tho.

Marshall is considerably closer to Minneapolis than it is to Iowa City. And what is SWMS?

Marshall is considerably closer to Minneapolis than it is to Iowa City. And what is SWMS?

Closer to Minneapolis than Rochester too.

Southwest MN State. Its a school in Marshall

Oh, SMSU. No one on the planet has ever called it SWMS. And it is irrelevant to the conversation when discussing a recruit that has multiple Power 5 offers, so I'm not sure why it was brought up in the first place.

I'm already looking forward to this year's season opener between Marshall grads Blaise Andries and SDSU DE Reece Winkelman, maybe we'll see an Andries vs. Black 1-on-1 in a couple of years?

In just the last 5 years, the Marshall football program has produced two Gophers (counting Hmielewski), a Hawkeye, a Bison, two Jackrabbits and many D2 and D3 prospects. If I remember right, the program wasn't great before current coach Terry Bahlmann got here, so to see them with a record of 119-33 (.782) since his hire is pretty impressive, especially for an isolated town of just 13,000 people.

Oh, SMSU. No one on the planet has ever called it SWMS. And it is irrelevant to the conversation when discussing a recruit that has multiple Power 5 offers, so I'm not sure why it was brought up in the first place.

Normally I let nitpickers go ahead and pick their nits, but you have gone beyond the beyond. It is almost always hyperbolic to say "no one" when there is often "someone." But when you double down on your exaggeration with "on the planet", well, enough is enough.

SMSU is commonly referred to here in the Sioux Falls area as Southwest Minnesota State and abbreviated as SWMS. The link below will illustrate SWMS being used in a headline by the Sioux Falls newspaper. Unless you can prove the headline is bogus, I will consider my point made.:)

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...ic-member-swms-student-organization/79276394/

Normally I let nitpickers go ahead and pick their nits, but you have gone beyond the beyond. It is almost always hyperbolic to say "no one" when there is often "someone." But when you double down on your exaggeration with "on the planet", well, enough is enough.

SMSU is commonly referred to here in the Sioux Falls area as Southwest Minnesota State and abbreviated as SWMS. The link below will illustrate SWMS being used in a headline by the Sioux Falls newspaper. Unless you can prove the headline is bogus, I will consider my point made.:)

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...ic-member-swms-student-organization/79276394/

They may have done that, but it is wrong. It's SMSU, always and only.

But hey, glad to see you're a strong supporter of Minnesota University.

Guess we found out today why we passed on this kid and he got stuck having to go to Iowa, we got some new DE 'cruits rowing the boat.

FYI - Iowa City is not in Southern MN

Yeh, but it's really close.
Drive through southern MN, it's all Pig farms, windmills, and corn.
Perfect for Iowa.

Top Bottom