Bleacher Report Top 25 Post Signing Day (#24. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm comfortable we can be in the mix on the field with this list from 13 on down to 25. But, I'm not sure we are ready for all the teams 1-12 ? Cool, we are #24!!

At this point top 25 is amazing in my opinion! I would also think that there isn't much difference between 17 at least and 25 as to the recruits.

To be listed in the same area as Penn St, Miami Auburn when it comes to rankingsg.. I'll take that time and time again

Why is Iowa State ranked so high?

Why is Iowa State ranked so high?

Might be they've beaten 5 top 25 teams (3-1 vs. top 6 teams) in the past two years and have a lot of talent coming back. And a coach who can, you know. coach.

Last edited:

There are other systems - Nebraska was in the top ten in one, Gophers in the forties. They have two tough games just before us next fall - both at home: Ohio State, followed by Northwestern.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It's amazing to me that so many people seem to expect Ohio State to smoothly maintain their status after losing Urban Meyer.

Yes, the roster is still overflowing with talent. But Meyer was one of a handful of truly elite, Hall of Fame level coaches in the country. If I recall correctly, transitions at the top haven't always gone smoothly for the Buckeyes.

Another team that caught my eye on this list: is Michigan really the 7th best team in the nation? If so, we have hope.

When I look at these rankings and compare the current state of the Gopher football program, I think we're quite competitive once you get past, say, #5 Oklahoma. I'm speaking of the Gopher team I watched soundly beat Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech.

I'm excited for next season.

It's amazing to me that so many people seem to expect Ohio State to smoothly maintain their status after losing Urban Meyer.

Yes, the roster is still overflowing with talent. But Meyer was one of a handful of truly elite, Hall of Fame level coaches in the country. If I recall correctly, transitions at the top haven't always gone smoothly for the Buckeyes.

Another team that caught my eye on this list: is Michigan really the 7th best team in the nation? If so, we have hope.

When I look at these rankings and compare the current state of the Gopher football program, I think we're quite competitive once you get past, say, #5 Oklahoma. I'm speaking of the Gopher team I watched soundly beat Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech.

I'm excited for next season.

I don't think anyone is shaking things up at tOSU and we've seen plenty of coach's walk into a situation and even win a natty's with a previous coach's players.... and then demonstrate they have no chance of doing so otherwise.

I don't think anyone is shaking things up at tOSU and we've seen plenty of coach's walk into a situation and even win a natty's with a previous coach's players.... and then demonstrate they have no chance of doing so otherwise.

Yeah, I think Tim Brewster could walk in there out of the parking lot the day of the first game next year and win 10 games at OSU. Seriously. I think a rando picked off this board would win at least 7-8 as the head coach at Ohio State next year. Minimum. The assistants are still mostly in place.

It happens in other sports too. I once heard of a coach that stepped into a women's basketball program and went on a magical ride to the final four, only to have mass player defections and nose-diving ticket sales just a few years later.

Yeah, I think Tim Brewster could walk in there out of the parking lot the day of the first game next year and win 10 games at OSU. Seriously. I think a rando picked off this board would win at least 7-8 as the head coach at Ohio State next year. Minimum. The assistants are still mostly in place.

If it didn't hurt player confidence, I agree, he'll I think Joe Schmo could get to 10 (or more). Let the coordinators do their thing... there ya go.

Some programs just are ultra resilient if we're talking about just 1 year.

Last edited:

Mmmmm... let's see; they lost their head coach and their all-world QB. Those are two pretty important cogs in the Buckeye machine.

I think a preseason ranking of #3 in the nation is too high. That's where they finished last year, with Meyer at coach and Haskins throwing darts. But time will tell...

To be listed in the same area as Penn St, Miami Auburn when it comes to rankingsg.. I'll take that time and time again
We took Penn State to overtime in Happy Valley in 2016. We can play with Penn State, especially with how much of a hit their roster has taken with early NFL leaves and transfers.

We took Penn State to overtime in Happy Valley in 2016. We can play with Penn State, especially with how much of a hit their roster has taken with early NFL leaves and transfers.

Would it kill you to show PJ some respect just once?

Mmmmm... let's see; they lost their head coach and their all-world QB. Those are two pretty important cogs in the Buckeye machine.

I think a preseason ranking of #3 in the nation is too high. That's where they finished last year, with Meyer at coach and Haskins throwing darts. But time will tell...

tOSU has lost their QB before (not the same way) .... result was a natty IIRC.

tOSU has lost their QB before (not the same way) .... result was a natty IIRC.

I'm predicting that the loss of their coach and QB will cause them to drop off a bit; not precipitously, but down from Top 5 status.

Sounds like you may be predicting... what, a "natty"?

I'm predicting that the loss of their coach and QB will cause them to drop off a bit; not precipitously, but down from Top 5 status.

Sounds like you may be predicting... what, a "natty"?

I'm saying it has happened.

I'd be surprised if OSU wasn't a top 5 program in the future with Day and Fields becoming immediately eligible.

I'd be surprised if OSU wasn't a top 5 program in the future with Day and Fields becoming immediately eligible.

In the future? That covers a pretty wide time frame.

Yes, I agree; Ohio State will probably be a Top 5 team... in the future.

I follow college football closely. I’m a Gopher homer with a pessimistic slant. That said this upcoming year preseason #24... seems about right. I’m ALL IN for 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a swarm after the top 10. I really do not see Wisconsin and Iowa above us.

Top Bottom