All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

I think we end up with Dainja and Walton and I would be happy with that.

I think the blue bloods with get on Dawson Garcia after this summers AAU season. I'm don't love his game. . . not super tough, physical and avoids contact. He has a guard mentality in a power forward body, not a great fit for a Big-10 school where you have to be physical.

going to agree with jaykay here. Dawson is tough when he needs to be. Just because he has excellent ball skills is not reason to question his resolve. He plays like Coffey to me. Lefty, but with a better outside shot and ability to finish drives due to his length.

Garcia rebounds and plays physical inside when it's required but has the skillset to make some plays outside as well.

I had a much bigger problem with Dainja's "floating" than Garcia's when I've seen them play.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Dawson's a great player, I would love to see him play for Minnesota. I think we have a legit shot at him and Suggs, that would be refreshing. That said he is a stretch 4 with guard skill more than power forward skills.

Suggs is one and done. How many of those players have the gophers gotten?

Kardashian, I thought Rickert was but he play as a sophomore.

Pryz actually had a decent NBA career as did Humperdink. Rickert on the other hand...

Absolutely. Most players wish they could have their kind of careers. Both played for years and made big money.

Pryz actually had a decent NBA career as did Humperdink. Rickert on the other hand...

I know this is getting off topic but I've just always been curious and am too young to remember, was Pryz a nationally in demand recruit, i.e. did we beat out any blue bloods to get him?

I know this is getting off topic but I've just always been curious and am too young to remember, was Pryz a nationally in demand recruit, i.e. did we beat out any blue bloods to get him?

Biggest one I recall was Indiana. I know they had an in-home visit. He was definitely a big time recruit, but the world is a lot different now than it was in the late 90's. Kansas may have been involved too. I know they were on Sam Jacobson a couple of years earlier.

Joel entered college 20 years ago. Humphries played for the gophers 15 years ago. A college program will take one and done's, but some of the best college players are those ranked outside the top 30 or so, they tend to stay at least 2 or 3 years and really mature.

Joel entered college 20 years ago. Humphries played for the gophers 15 years ago. A college program will take one and done's, but some of the best college players are those ranked outside the top 30 or so, they tend to stay at least 2 or 3 years and really mature.

So true. I actually run a study of the rankings at the end of that class graduation to see how the players did at the end of college. It blows people away when they see 90% of the top 25 out performed by the next 150. One of my favorite things about college is the fferent ways to build programs and teams. Like Duke this year, all those highly ranked players and at the end of it for Zion, Reddish and Barrett the team accomplishments for their career will be a ACC tourney title, that's it ! Individually two of the 3 leaving had fabulous years. The point guard for the national champs was a freshman ranked 300 !

He played in the McDonalds All American deal. He was a big time recruit. As was Humphries. Rickert, Jacobson and White.

He played in the McDonalds All American deal. He was a big time recruit. As was Humphries. Rickert, Jacobson and White.

I think it was down to us and Kansas.

He got screwed that the ganglegate news came out his freshman year. He probably should have just come out after his freshman year.

and now back to the 2020 recruiting class.....

don't sleep on Steve Crawl of Eastview. He's playing for D1 Minnesota this spring, and has amassed a handful of major offers already. 6-10, great footwork and shoots it with range. Michigan is now checking. Hope we are at least in touch with him.

don't sleep on Steve Crawl of Eastview. He's playing for D1 Minnesota this spring, and has amassed a handful of major offers already. 6-10, great footwork and shoots it with range. Michigan is now checking. Hope we are at least in touch with him.

Let's hope he doesn't walk... or run away from home then.

Top 5 recruit Jalen Johnson from Wisconsin released a top 4 that does not include the Gophers, not too much surprise there. Top 4 is Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. Curious if Wisconsin is just a token shoutout to the home team or if there’s genuine interest.

Top 5 recruit Jalen Johnson from Wisconsin released a top 4 that does not include the Gophers, not too much surprise there. Top 4 is Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. Curious if Wisconsin is just a token shoutout to the home team or if there’s genuine interest.

All steam, including from Evan Flood, is for Duke

All steam, including from Evan Flood, is for Duke
The kid also said in a interview within the last couple weeks that Kentucky was his dream school. Yeah Wisconsin has no chance.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't know why Pitino hasn't offered him yet. This isn't a case where the guy isn't a high major big. He's a very skilled player. So you go all in on Garcia and then if he doesn't say, you miss on Dainja and Crowl? Should be going hard after all of these guys saying whoever commits first gets the big man spot (I think they should add two if multiple want to stay home). Any combo of those four local bigs would be great.

I don't know why Pitino hasn't offered him yet. This isn't a case where the guy isn't a high major big. He's a very skilled player. So you go all in on Garcia and then if he doesn't say, you miss on Dainja and Crowl? Should be going hard after all of these guys saying whoever commits first gets the big man spot (I think they should add two if multiple want to stay home). Any combo of those four local bigs would be great.

What if Crawl accepts immediately? That's the tricky part about offers. If you make them early, especially to local kids, you better be sure that they are a high priority or you take the chance that they are going to cost you someone better.

You wouldn’t say whoever gets the spot with those three - Crowl a nice player, but not similar to the other two right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom