Just one before I die

I saw a few old timer Gopher Fans with Gopher shirts very similar to that at the UNLV game...

The Gophers HAVE 7 National titles, one during my lifetime. You just showed up too late.:cool02:

That's right. We don't call it 7 National Titles forum for nothing! It happened. It happened. It happened. It happened. It happened. It happened. It happened. It's coming!

The only NFL teams older than the Vikings that have never won a Super Bowl:
Detroit
Philadelphia
Arizona (by way of Chicago and St. Louis)
Cleveland (technically the new Browns are the old Browns)

You could count Buffalo, San Diego, and Tennessee (by way of Houston) as AFL teams that started in 1960, but didn't join the NFL until 1970.

Strange facts: Interestingly, all I listed won an NFL or AFL Championship, but not a Super Bowl. The Vikings are the ONLY team in the Super Bowl era to win an NFL Title, but not a Super Bowl. The Chiefs and Jets are the ONLY teams to win a Super Bowl and not be NFL Champions. Neither KC or NYJ have been back to the Super Bowl since they won it...

I'm thinking if/when the Gophers do win the Big Ten and go to a Rose Bowl, the local funeral homes are going to be busy the week after the game from all the old-timers that can "die happy now".

Count me in as one of them. The last time they won the Rose Bowl I was in junior high school. As the others have mentioned, I have waited a long time and hope to see another in my lifetime.

Top Bottom