Gopher Softball 2019

Would Indiana even be able to beat 18U A's, Magic, or Speed? I'm going with a no

Also, I wonder if people will be able to watch the games this weekend? Seems lots of times games on the Longhorn Network are the hardest to get access to.

Judging by the schedule page of the Gopher website, it looks somewhat promising.

I'm not getting LHN through my ESPN subscription with Youtube TV nor with my old Xfinity. Might have to get creative here if I can find an online streaming service that offers it. Boo.

Thought it was regular Texas not Texas Southern we had first today

Found the Longhorn Network via ESPN through a free trial on DirecTV Now (2nd package from the bottom). Logged on just in time to see DenHartog hit her second home run in the TX Southern game! Wow. Huge swing.

@USSSAPride Asst GM // softball analyst for @longhornnetwork and @espn
@MeganJoWillis
Y’all... remember the name Natalie DenHartong freshman for @GopherSoftball !! ������

Just witnessed 2 of her HR’s.... absolute BOMBS!!!

How bout this line:
36 ab, 12 h, 6 hr

@USSSAPride Asst GM // softball analyst for @longhornnetwork and @espn
@MeganJoWillis
Y’all... remember the name Natalie DenHartong freshman for @GopherSoftball !! ������

Just witnessed 2 of her HR’s.... absolute BOMBS!!!

How bout this line:
36 ab, 12 h, 6 hr

Are you there in person? If so, I'm jealous. Was hoping to take a quick spring break trip to Austin/Central TX but work got in the way.

Will people stop using quotes on this dips%*& troll. Even blocked his crap shows up when he is blocked

Yes...A fun game to watch. I have DISH Satellite and I do get LHN on my subscription. Like I have stated before, I also own a ROKU system which allows me to watch the Longhorn Network on the ESPN app.

I think if you have ESPN on your YouTube TV subscription you will have to subscribe to ESPN+ and that should allow you to watch LHN. It would be worth the xtra investment.

What was that all about announcing the suspension of a LSU Coach? Supposedly caught on FBI tapes talking about paying a recruit???? Did I read that correctly?

Will people stop using quotes on this dips%*& troll. Even blocked his crap shows up when he is blocked
Sorry. I fed the troll but they are all gone to me now.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

When batting coaches try to explain using the lower body, they should pull up a DenHartog video.

Smith pitched a great game and the defense behind her was stellar, making several spectacular plays that might not have been made the first week or two. Then Fiser comes in to close it out. That was fun.

It was cool to see the contrast between two great pitchers in Elish and Fiser. Elish throws heat high in the zone while Fiser thrives on low bullets.

Are you there in person? If so, I'm jealous. Was hoping to take a quick spring break trip to Austin/Central TX but work got in the way.

No, from random UT analyst's Twitter. Stuck in the frigid cold cities

Yes...A fun game to watch. I have DISH Satellite and I do get LHN on my subscription. Like I have stated before, I also own a ROKU system which allows me to watch the Longhorn Network on the ESPN app.

I think if you have ESPN on your YouTube TV subscription you will have to subscribe to ESPN+ and that should allow you to watch LHN. It would be worth the xtra investment.

What was that all about announcing the suspension of a LSU Coach? Supposedly caught on FBI tapes talking about paying a recruit???? Did I read that correctly?

The FBI has been conducting an investigation in illegalities in college basketball and have already nabbed assistant coaches from Arizona, USC, Oklahoma State and others making offers to "handlers" and "agents" for the services of student athletes. Shoe companies, including Adidas, are also involved.

Anyway, Will Wade is the head coach (as of now) at LSU and got caught on tape discussing "offers" for high level recruits, including 5-star Javonte Smart (who is currently a freshman at LSU). He also apparently made comments regarding an offer to another recruit that was "better than the NBA league-minimum", which is about $800,000. In other words, Wade's in a heap of trouble.

Back to Gopher softball, nice win for the ladies! Wasn't counting on winning any of the three games with Texas, so any victories are a bonus! Also nice to see Smith pitch well. If she can stay consistent as the No.2, it'll really benefit the ladies in conference.

Another chance for a big win against Texas.

Gophers get 6 base runners in 3 innings but zero runs. Time for some clutch hitting.

Why when one team scores the other team comes right back and scores too. I believe this has happened to Fiser more than a couple times so far this year. Gophers score and she then gives up hits/runs right after that. I am surprised how she appears to become unfocused and then allows the emotions to take over. She comes across very frustrated with herself or the team or both.

Lack of execution at the plate again and ERRORS has really hurt this team today against Texas. I'm afraid it is going to continue to be a very long preseason for this Gopher softball team against top ranked teams.

Gut check time for this team.

Box score from the Sunday game flips from the Saturday game. Today was the Horns getting on base a lot but not scoring much. Nice defensive effort today by the Gophs after sloppy/unlucky play yesterday. At no time this weekend did my eyes tell me Texas should be a higher ranked team...even in the weird loss yesterday (16 base runners but only 3 runs).

2 wins & 5 losses vs. top 10 teams - on the road. 2 wins 1 loss vs. teams ranked 10-25 (I think Notre Dame was ranked when the Gophs played them). The Gophs deserved to be ranked in the top 20 after this weekend in my mind.

Edit to above: Florida is 2W 4L against top 10 teams with 3 of those at home (or 3W 4L if you count AZ). Where should they be ranked?

Last edited:

What a great week-end for the ladies. 5 out of 6 wins with 2 wins over a top ten team. Keep it up and then on to the big 10.

Excellent weekend for the ladies. Except for a late-inning hiccup against Texas in game two vs. the Longhorns, they were pretty flawless.

Hope they can keep up the momentum from now until conference play.

Excellent weekend for the ladies. Except for a late-inning hiccup against Texas in game two vs. the Longhorns, they were pretty flawless.

Hope they can keep up the momentum from now until conference play.
Yeah. A solid weekend of work. Nice to see more of the pitching staff with larger roles.

Yeah. A solid weekend of work. Nice to see more of the pitching staff with larger roles.

I agree. Trachsel said after today's game that they've been using their whole roster and it paid off. Using four pitchers is bound to create more strength if they keep up the efficiency. Personally I think Lowary has lots of talent; hope she keeps getting stronger.

Really looking forward to the first RPI rankings. They should be out next week. With MN's strength of schedule and quality wins, I fully expect to see the Gophers inside the top 16 as long as they take care of business next weekend. We'll see.

So cool that they are picking up wins without overworking Fiser!! And DenHartog is Exhibit A why some of us aren't terribly concerned about Flosoftball player rankings. What a stud!!!!

I agree. Trachsel said after today's game that they've been using their whole roster and it paid off. Using four pitchers is bound to create more strength if they keep up the efficiency. Personally I think Lowary has lots of talent; hope she keeps getting stronger.

The shoulder she injured in the winter of 2017 playing basketball is finally fully healed?

Checking Gopher Softball online, it looks like only 2 games this weekend will be on TV or streamed. Does anybody know more about that?

Random thoughts:

1. After a dud in her first start v. FSU, Syd Smith has made 6 or 7 great starts in a row, including a great effort in a loss to AZ (2-0) and a win against Texas. Incredibly promising.

2. DenHartog has been a godsend. If only we still had... okay. I won't go there.

3. With the #1 strength of schedule in the country, 8 wins against top 50 opponents, the possibility of picking up more quality wins this weekend with 2 games against 19-10 S. Florida (wins over AZ and WI) and 1 against 17-5 Wichita State (coming off a 3 game sweep of Nebraska), the Gophers could be in great shape when the first RPI ranking are released on Monday. And I mean GREAT shape.

4. Lowary might be on some type of pitch count, but she sure looks electric to me.

5. Mentioned this before, but I am really happy to see that Fiser isn't being overworked. We need her as fresh as possible for regionals.

6. This team is talented enough to reach the WCWS, and I will fight you if you disagree. :) (kidding about the latter, but not the former)

Checking Gopher Softball online, it looks like only 2 games this weekend will be on TV or streamed. Does anybody know more about that?

Frequently when a school hosts an event like this, they only stream the games the host team is playing in.

But IIRC it has happened where they have announced this, but they have turned the camera on for the other games and left it on with no play by play audio with it. Maybe even not even moving the camera just having it sit behind home plate. Maybe something like that will happen this weekend.

Top Bottom