can they stop our run game?

Reaction score
OK, they are going to throw 55 times if its available....but if we are able to run and Mitch hits a few important passes, does it matter what their O does? Despite a few guys short on D, we are still pretty good. Thoughts?

OK, they are going to throw 55 times if its available....but if we are able to run and Mitch hits a few important passes, does it matter what their O does? Despite a few guys short on D, we are still pretty good. Thoughts?

Offense will need to control the clock and pace of the game. They will also need to score touchdowns every chance they get and can't settle for field goals.

Anything is possible. They handled the run pretty well this year, but most would say it's because other teams chose to throw on them almost exclusively. My guess, it'll be the same as every other game we've played the past 5 years: all comes down to the QB. We'll see 8, even 9 man boxes consistently. We'll score on the vast majority of drives in which Mitch makes 2 or more critical throws. We'll break at least one long run. We'll also have multiple 3 and outs. Defense is almost surely giving up 30 without Hardin, Buford, and Winfield. If D can force 2 or more turnovers, we might be in decent shape.

So yeah, we've got a chance. Need Mitch to make plays. Need D to make big plays in between giving up TD's.

We need to run the most boring, predictable, and successful RUTM game plan of our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to run the most boring, predictable, and successful RUTM game plan of our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, we need to Limegrover the Cougars!

Top Bottom