David Cobb

cfb120

Reaction score
Is listed on the AAF roster of San Antonio. They are playing on CBS right now

The San Diego QB just got lit up. His helmet went flying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHil nelson is also San Diego I think

Talking about who their fantasy football keepers are for next year?

I think he wants it known that he is the starter next week no matter how horrible he plays. Doesn't have to earn it.

After looking over the rosters.....it seems that the teams are mostly made up of players that went to colleges around the general region that the teams are based with some outliers of course. San Diego is the only one that seems to be a bit more scattered. They have Nelson, Stelter, and Travis from the Gophers. No other team has any Gophers other than Cobb playing for SA.

Damarius Travis and Andrew Stelter are also in this league.

Also, non-Gopher related, but Denard "Shoelace" Robinson as well.

After looking over the rosters.....it seems that the teams are mostly made up of players that went to colleges around the general region that the teams are based with some outliers of course. San Diego is the only one that seems to be a bit more scattered. They have Nelson, Stelter, and Travis from the Gophers. No other team has any Gophers other than Cobb playing for SA.

You are correct and it is, in fact, designed that way.

David Cobb is one of my favorite Gopher players. Hope he does well.

It appears that each team has the first right to sign players from about 15 colleges.

It appears that each team has the first right to sign players from about 15 colleges.

Reminds me of the old "territorial" picks the NFL used to have.

I found a tweet that partially explained things. First-tier, each team has a list of schools within the footprint of the AAF they have first rights to players associated with those teams. Second-tier, if a player isn't associated with reserved college team, each team has has a list of associated NFL and CFL teams, The teams have first rights to the players based on the last pro team they were with. Third-tier, free agents not covered by tier one or two.

I found a tweet that partially explained things. First-tier, each team has a list of schools within the footprint of the AAF they have first rights to players associated with those teams. Second-tier, if a player isn't associated with reserved college team, each team has has a list of associated NFL and CFL teams, The teams have first rights to the players based on the last pro team they were with. Third-tier, free agents not covered by tier one or two.

That’s not something one sees very often

ESPN now has an article.

I only heard of a draft for quarterbacks. How were other players assigned?

Three ways. First, the league figured out the top 30 NFL-producing colleges over the past 10 seasons (USC is No. 1), and gave each team three high-producing schools. Then they gave teams up to 30 other area schools in a certain range to pull allocations from.

If a player doesn't fit that grouping, they also assigned four NFL teams to each AAF team; if a player played for a team or was in training camp with a team, then his rights were given to the respective AAF team. This was done with both geographic and population data (for instance, San Antonio has the Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs and Eagles).

There is also at least one CFL team assigned to each team. If a player hits none of these lists, then there was a first-come, first-served rights list of 25 players. If multiple teams put in a request for the same player, they went by their waiver list.

"We may tweak it depending on what we see, but the concept is good," Polian said. "We know the concept is good, because it's working."

That placed Richardson on Birmingham, Murray on Atlanta and Asiata on Salt Lake City, for example.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-know-first-alliance-american-football-season

ESPN now has an article.

I only heard of a draft for quarterbacks. How were other players assigned?

Three ways. <b>First, the league figured out the top 30 NFL-producing colleges over the past 10 seasons</b> (USC is No. 1), and gave each team three high-producing schools. Then they gave teams up to 30 other area schools in a certain range to pull allocations from.

If a player doesn't fit that grouping, they also assigned four NFL teams to each AAF team; if a player played for a team or was in training camp with a team, then his rights were given to the respective AAF team. This was done with both geographic and population data (for instance, San Antonio has the Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs and Eagles).

There is also at least one CFL team assigned to each team. If a player hits none of these lists, then there was a first-come, first-served rights list of 25 players. If multiple teams put in a request for the same player, they went by their waiver list.

"We may tweak it depending on what we see, but the concept is good," Polian said. "We know the concept is good, because it's working."

That placed Richardson on Birmingham, Murray on Atlanta and Asiata on Salt Lake City, for example.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-know-first-alliance-american-football-season

I would have chosen talent Rankings.

Kind of sucks that they do it based on region yet they stick all of the teams in the south. Seems like it will be much harder for Gopher players to make a roster than guys from southern schools.

Like most things in the modern world, this system of allocating players seems needlessly complicated.

Kind of sucks that they do it based on region yet they stick all of the teams in the south. Seems like it will be much harder for Gopher players to make a roster than guys from southern schools.

The Big Ten schools are still assigned to an AAF team even if they aren't in the area. The Gophers must be assigned to San Diego since Stetler and Travis are playing for them. Cobb is on a different team because it's based on his time in the NFL.

Last edited:

I love the idea that Gopher alum in general are on one team... makes a rooting allegiance natural.

How'd the three of them look? Any stats?

I love the idea that Gopher alum in general are on one team... makes a rooting allegiance natural.

Yep. Also, regarding that San Diego team, I REALLY like their name and logo. It's a perfect tie-in for the city of San Diego, and that logo in my opinion is just top-notch.

SD---800x600 (1).jpg

I would have chosen talent Rankings.

Kind of what they did if they just counted guys that made nfl rosters.
Jamarcus Russell counts the same as Tom Brady if that’s what they did

Top Bottom