Frozen Pizza Ticket Deal is Back

I'll only eat Jack's myself.

The only frozen pizzas that I've had that really stand out as better are Screamin Sicilian, Home Run Inn, and believe it or not the Archer Farms Wood Fired.

Most are in the "acceptable" category though.

In fact, the only pizza (frozen or otherwise) I've ever had that I couldn't stand was Red's Savoy (I know some will take great offense to this).

If you're ever in Red Wing, try the pizza at Red Wing Brewery. It's amazing and not at a place you'd expect great pizza. Hanisch Bakery in Red Wing makes their crust dough for them.

Back on topic - not sure I can make either of the Red Baron ticket dates work but I'm glad Schwans is doing the promotion again. Anything to get people in the seats!

Heggies=overrated

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I actually agree with this and stand by my previous statement. I know some people who claim to like Heggies more than delivery. I'm not in that camp, but I do like it more than most frozen pizza.

The only frozen pizzas that I've had that really stand out as better are Screamin Sicilian, Home Run Inn, and believe it or not the Archer Farms Wood Fired.

Most are in the "acceptable" category though.

In fact, the only pizza (frozen or otherwise) I've ever had that I couldn't stand was Red's Savoy (I know some will take great offense to this).

If you're ever in Red Wing, try the pizza at Red Wing Brewery. It's amazing and not at a place you'd expect great pizza. Hanisch Bakery in Red Wing makes their crust dough for them.

Back on topic - not sure I can make either of the Red Baron ticket dates work but I'm glad Schwans is doing the promotion again. Anything to get people in the seats!

Red Barron is not a bad frozen pizza. If you cant go to a Gopher away game, pop those babies in the oven, order your families pizzas out and feed the red Barons to to your friends. You cant go wrong with 2 home game tickets unless you have reserve seats. Then again you could give those tickets to friends and they would owe you!

GLAD I COULD HELP MY GOPHER FRIENDS!

TALON

Nothing beats Totino's.

4E31B80B-4990-E49E-43C4-A94FBE366BE4.jpg

Red Barron is not a bad frozen pizza. If you cant go to a Gopher away game, pop those babies in the oven, order your families pizzas out and feed the red Barons to to your friends. You cant go wrong with 2 home game tickets unless you have reserve seats. Then again you could give those tickets to friends and they would owe you!

GLAD I COULD HELP MY GOPHER FRIENDS!

TALON
They sell Red Baron in Georgia? Just curious since it's a Minnesota company (parent company is Schwans).

I actually agree with this and stand by my previous statement. I know some people who claim to like Heggies more than delivery. I'm not in that camp, but I do like it more than most frozen pizza.

A Heggie's, baked correctly right out of the oven, is far better than a delivered chain pizza (Domino's, Papa John's & Pizza Hut etc...). Not even close.

They sell Red Baron in Georgia? Just curious since it's a Minnesota company (parent company is Schwans).

Oh Red Barron Pizza is a continental craze. Of course we have those pizzas in Georgia for people that cant go out and buy a great pizza! ;-)

Last edited:

Those are one of two frozen pizzas I can't eat and fit in the category of undesirable.

Roma's pizza would be the other. Jacks are close, but acceptable.

That's why you buy them for your kids, their friends and people that come over to watch Gopher games on TV!

I can tell you what could make the Barron's pizza better!

If you Minnesota guys would break down and insist on using real Wisconsin cheese instead of that cheese biproduct you use! :cool:

I bought my pizzas yesterday. At the second one today. I'm going to have to buy some more. I was looking up how to make frozen pizza better, and I found this:

LPT: For better baked frozen pizza, ignore the instructions on the box. Fully thaw the pizza the bake it for 5-8 minutes on the hottest temperature your oven will go.

Having recently done a lot of experimenting with "upgrading" cheap frozen pizzas to make them taste less, well, cheap and frozen, this has been by far the most important trick.

Commercial pizzas are baked in stone ovens that get up to 700- 1000 degrees, which is why they bake so quickly and end up with nice crispy crusts and un-burned everything else. Your home oven will never get that hot but you can try to get as close as possible to emulate the effect.

Cook the pizza on the bare rack to maximize air circulation if you don't have a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet/slab. If you have either of those, heat it in the oven first and then cook the pizza on that once the oven hits its max temperature.

For even better pizza, brush the crust with olive oil before you bake and sprinkle either fresh garlic or garlic powder on it. (The garlic flavor helps to balance out the usually heavy handed and far too sweet sauce that goes on your average frozen pizza).

Edit: Forgot to mention, keep a close eye on the pizza if you're going to do this! 5-8 minutes is a pretty general number and, depending on the temperature your oven maxes out at, your pizza could go from "perfect" to "burned to a crisp" in the span of a minute.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/62j2zi/lpt_for_better_baked_frozen_pizza_ignore_the/

I tried this today and it was actually really good. I heated the oven to 500 (normal for pizza is 400) and thawed the pizza by putting it in the microwave for one minute. Then I baked it for 9 minutes. I checked after 5 minutes and then checked every minute until it looked done. The instructions on the box say 16 to 19 minutes.

I made a Red Baron pizza yesterday according to the instructions on the box and the crust was hard and dry. With this method, the crust was much better. It's how I'm going to make frozen pizzas from now on.

If you Minnesota guys would break down and insist on using real Wisconsin cheese instead of that cheese biproduct you use! :cool:

WI cheese sucks. We all know that.
MN produces far better cheese.

WI cheese sucks. We all know that.
MN produces far better cheese.

That's a fact!

TALON -Do Minnesota milk cows have richer milk and or is it in the process. All I ever see is advertisements for Wisconsin cheese and the cheese heads.

Love It. The party pizza was my lunch every day during summer weekdays when the patents were working. Always sprinkled on some extra cheese before baking tho.

TALON-You have to put a little extra cheese on those party pizza

Now lets bring this back to football. You git free Gopher tickets when you buy Red Barron pizzas.

TALON -Do Minnesota milk cows have richer milk and or is it in the process. All I ever see is advertisements for Wisconsin cheese and the cheese heads.

Now lets bring this back to football. You git free Gopher tickets when you buy Red Barron pizzas.

Talon, you obviously don't understand cheese, cheese manufacturing, or cheese distribution, nor the intricacies of the dairy industry itself. It would take considerable amount of time to explain it to you.

Wonder if I buy these at Kroger here in TN if the promo will still work? I’ll be flying up to the game and haven’t bought tickets yet.

I’m more of a Wild Mikes frozen pizza guy if I’m going the frozen route though.

just for SDSU and GSU games as a promo.

A Heggie's, baked correctly right out of the oven, is far better than a delivered chain pizza (Domino's, Papa John's & Pizza Hut etc...). Not even close.

Agree with you on this one. However, I would substitute Heggie's for Lotzza Motzza. Best frozen pizza I've ever had.

Meh. They taste about the same to me.

Wonder if I buy these at Kroger here in TN if the promo will still work? I’ll be flying up to the game and haven’t bought tickets yet.

I’m more of a Wild Mikes frozen pizza guy if I’m going the frozen route though.

The rules say "participating stores", but I'm not sure what that means or how you would tell a participating store. I don't see any restrictions on what state the pizza was purchased. The rules do say "legal resident of Minnesota", but I wasn't asked to give a Minnesota address. I just had to provide a picture of the receipt, my name, phone number and e-mail address. I think you could get the pizza deal. If in doubt, fold the receipt so they can't see the address of the store. They'll just count the number of pizzas on the receipt.

A good pizza oven helps with Heggies, makes a difference

by good, coutnertop one will do

Anyone taken advantage of this deal? I submitted my info over the weekend and haven't heard anything yet. The site says you'll get an email within "48 business hours" allowing selection of seats. Haven't seen that phrasing used before, but I guess that means six business days?

Anyone taken advantage of this deal? I submitted my info over the weekend and haven't heard anything yet. The site says you'll get an email within "48 business hours" allowing selection of seats. Haven't seen that phrasing used before, but I guess that means six business days?

I got my response in something like 15 minutes.

I bought mine at Cub last year.

Regarding quality of the pizza, there is 3 levels to frozen pizza.

"Undesirable"
"Acceptable as pizza"
"Could be considered good pizza"

It fits the category of "Acceptable as pizza"

Roma's and Totino's would both be "Undesirable"

Heggies / Home Run Inn would be in the third category.

Can you add a category that's worse than "Undesirable"? Because that's where Orv's Tasty Toppings would fall.

Yep, scanned my receipt from Cub and sent it via e-mail. Two days and I had my (2) tickets for the GSU game. I could not select my seats, they do that for y8ou :) Section 204, row 30 something. I figure there will be plenty of seats to move to once the game begins.

Top Bottom