Doogie: Still believe that the 2017 starting QB isn't currently on the roster.

If Minnesota is going to offer, they may want to do it soon.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

247 Crystal ball leaning Mississippi.
http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Taamu-46035515

Huh, that's interesting...

They've studied him up and down, and apparently Johnson even saw him workout in person. If they haven't offered him, I'd assume there's a good reason for it. BUT you're right -- if they're going to, now would be the time!

They must have been listening.

#Blessed

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Alabama backup QB is transferring...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Shane Morris is transferring from Michigan...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Being that guy...

Offering the JUCO sent the message the coaches aren't totally comfortable with the 3 QBs we will have on the roster next year. We are losing Leidner and Rhoda's circumstances are unknown -presumably told he wouldn't be the guy.

Has the staff offered any high school QBs that have not committed elsewhere?

I may be alone in this but I'm pretty disappointed we didn't get him. He looks like a player to me but those intangibles are so hard to judge. Seemed like/hoped he could have been our version of
McSorley.

Being that guy...

Offering the JUCO sent the message the coaches aren't totally comfortable with the 3 QBs we will have on the roster next year. We are losing Leidner and Rhoda's circumstances are unknown -presumably told he wouldn't be the guy.

Has the staff offered any high school QBs that have not committed elsewhere?

I may be alone in this but I'm pretty disappointed we didn't get him. He looks like a player to me but those intangibles are so hard to judge. Seemed like/hoped he could have been our version of
McSorley.

I guess it sends that message but really I bet 90% of teams are in the same "aren't totally comfortable" / wouldnt' mind someone better at QB spot.

HS QBs who could start immediately are all kinda 4* and up.....

I guess it sends that message but really I bet 90% of teams are in the same "aren't totally comfortable" / wouldnt' mind someone better at QB spot.

HS QBs who could start immediately are all kinda 4* and up.....

Yes, I understand but wondering if we have another in the pipeline. With the loser in the QB starter derby so often transferring after the season we could get awfully thin at QB thereafter should an injury or transfer occur. There are always other options but they aren't always attractive.

They appear to be trying but seemed like (to me) like a halfhearted effort to get Ta'amu. A dollar short and a day late. It doesn't help that Ole Miss will put their QB in the NFL this year.

Being that guy...

Offering the JUCO sent the message the coaches aren't totally comfortable with the 3 QBs we will have on the roster next year..

might be as much about the number as it is about who starts. 3 QBs seems like a path to potential disaster, especially if your QB runs a lot. That said, i think 2012 was the last year we used three QBs in a season (no offense to KJ Maye)

for those who know, how many QBs are needed for practice?

Yes, I understand but wondering if we have another in the pipeline. With the loser in the QB starter derby so often transferring after the season we could get awfully thin at QB thereafter should an injury or transfer occur. There are always other options but they aren't always attractive.

They appear to be trying but seemed like (to me) like a halfhearted effort to get Ta'amu. A dollar short and a day late. It doesn't help that Ole Miss will put their QB in the NFL this year.

Hard to know what is up. I mean they could be putting all the effort that you'd put into a guy like Ta'amu .... relative to how likely you are to get him.

At some point you gotta go with "guys who want to be here". As much as recruiting is about convincing them, you could spend all day on great guys who just aren't interested. Half the battle I suspect is even figuring that out.

It could get thin, but after this year it's not like we have red shirts to preserve either.... could run a quad option with everyone in the backfield.

Ole Miss has their golden boy Shea Patterson who will only be a SO next season. He was anywhere from #1-#5 ranked recruit last year.

You can say one thing about Ta'amu, if he chooses Ole Miss over a Gopher offer, he certainly does not mind competition.

Ole Miss has their golden boy Shea Patterson who will only be a SO next season. He was anywhere from #1-#5 ranked recruit last year.

You can say one thing about Ta'amu, if he chooses Ole Miss over a Gopher offer, he certainly does not mind competition.

True, but Ole Miss also was inexplicably rolling in talent for a bit so even if there is stiff competition, he's likely got better targets too.

might be as much about the number as it is about who starts. 3 QBs seems like a path to potential disaster, especially if your QB runs a lot. That said, i think 2012 was the last year we used three QBs in a season (no offense to KJ Maye)

for those who know, how many QBs are needed for practice?

It's also just the simple fact that we've had a lot of attrition from our upperclassmen.

We have three QBs on the roster and they will be SO, FR, FR, respectively. That's incredibly thin and incredibly young at QB. If our recruiting of JuCo guys to add depth, at a minimum, bothers our current group of QBs. . . they likely weren't going to do too well anyways.

True, but Ole Miss also was inexplicably rolling in talent for a bit so even if there is stiff competition, he's likely got better targets too.

Absolutely. Ole Miss has its advantages. Great atmoshphere. It probably has weather more to a kid from Hawaii's liking. He almost certainly has better receivers.

Top Bottom