Marcus Carr Waiver: Appeal Announcement Expected Today (11/14)

Perhaps no conspiracy.

Mn success at this versus others poor at best. Why?

Reality.

What players did we have that proved family hardship. What list do you have that shows Minnesota is so bad at this compared to others.

What players did we have that proved family hardship. What list do you have that shows Minnesota is so bad at this compared to others.

Start with Carr. You easily dismissed him. Reality says otherwise.

Start with Carr. You easily dismissed him. Reality says otherwise.

That is one and he did not prove a family hardship. Still waiting on all these Gopher transfers that we know were treated unfairly ! Coming from California i am still trying to figure out why there are so many excuses and conspiracy theories here.

That is one and he did not prove a family hardship. Still waiting on all these Gopher transfers that we know were treated unfairly ! Coming from California i am still trying to figure out why there are so many excuses and conspiracy theories here.

And others proved some type of hardship that were so traumatic. Yup, sure thing.

Reality is a bitch at times badger bilt.

What reality !

The reality you can’t seem to grasp. You bitch about the shortcomings of Richard yet can’t grasp the Carr impact.

Put Carr on this years team and it is a totally different team.

There is a bit of reality for you.

Justin Fields immediately eligible for Ohio State (football) because he felt uncomfortable joining the Georgia baseball team. I'm sure someone has called Carr the trigger word at some point so he should have used that to gain immediate eligibility. The NCAA is a joke.

The reality you can’t seem to grasp. You bitch about the shortcomings of Richard yet can’t grasp the Carr impact.

Put Carr on this years team and it is a totally different team.

There is a bit of reality for you.

How do you know. Did you see his team win a single game in the ACC. I like him as a player but fitting on a team is another thing, it does not mean instant success. Besides, the only reality as it pertains to Carr is he did not meet the criteria, fact. The reality you put forth is pretend.

How do you know. Did you see his team win a single game in the ACC. I like him as a player but fitting on a team is another thing, it does not mean instant success. Besides, the only reality as it pertains to Carr is he did not meet the criteria, fact. The reality you put forth is pretend.

The criteria of which you speak has proven to be quite flexible for some, not for others. That, sir, is not pretend. That is a fact.

I watched Carr play a bit last season and I am not an expert like yourself. I think Carr would mean one or two wins on this team. You like to project. Me too.

So, are the waiver standards different for basketball than football?? If Fields can become eligible only showing the transfer would benefit him mental n physical health n well being...how is Carr not?

So, are the waiver standards different for basketball than football?? If Fields can become eligible only showing the transfer would benefit him mental n physical health n well being...how is Carr not?

That is what we all get frustrated about, we simply do not know and so people guess. What we do know is if you prove a family hardship, terminal diagnosis etc.. that you have a very good chance. When we do not know we guess with ideas of conspiracy, luck, favoritism and everything else with no basis in fact. There is a reason that Carr was denied. As a player i saw him in person and did like him and do think he would have helped this team .

Not sure if they are different or not, but this sounds to me like one of the top programs in the nation had to get their quarterback eligible in order to make the playoffs next year so it's a no brainer! Lol I mean no need for the ncaa to wait on this one. What did this one take less than a month to get approved? Lol

There is not much out there in terms of differences between football and basketball although early enrollment is more of a factor in football and the softer transfer rules and about to get softer may gave been in play in some football transfers. For the sake of sticking to Carr as most of you know that he and the Gophers were seeking a waiver. A couple of things follow. One , it is true that the school he left can make it more difficult. Two, the Waiver is not then managed by the Gophers, it is handled by the conference and by the NCAA. Some of this will change as soon as April 20th or so as i believe in the case of coaches leaving or being fired or retiring the player can transfer without sitting out. That will be passed and thus join grad transfers in being eligible immediately. There will not be unfettered free agency for players that just get up and leave, they will have to sit out a year. Most likely a combination of factors on Carr. Pitt may have made it more difficult, Carr and the U could not show substantial hardship . He could sue if there was conspiracy. There were dozens denied .

That is what we all get frustrated about, we simply do not know and so people guess. What we do know is if you prove a family hardship, terminal diagnosis etc.. that you have a very good chance. When we do not know we guess with ideas of conspiracy, luck, favoritism and everything else with no basis in fact. There is a reason that Carr was denied. As a player i saw him in person and did like him and do think he would have helped this team .

Wow. You are on both sides.

Seems you finally admitted to my position that Carr would really help this team. After arguing the opposite in a post above.

Justin Fields immediately eligible for Ohio State (football) because he felt uncomfortable joining the Georgia baseball team. I'm sure someone has called Carr the trigger word at some point so he should have used that to gain immediate eligibility. The NCAA is a joke.

Criteria met. :clap:

Wow. You are on both sides.

Seems you finally admitted to my position that Carr would really help this team. After arguing the opposite in a post above.

I never said he would not help. Where do you see me saying he would not help ?

Did HE MOVE CLOSER TO HOME, did Georgia let him go ? Did he play a different sport. Nothing to compare the Carr situation to.

Other than requesting transfer. Nothing the same.

Defend the ncaa built. You are standing on literally no ice.

Saw him play at the M&G scrimmage... he was the best player on the floor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The NCAA needs to take the randomness out of this. Allow every team to have one transfer who can play immediately. The end. It's fair but won't lead a flood of transfers every year.

Saw him play at the M&G scrimmage... he was the best player on the floor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is meaningless. Charles Buggs was the star one year!
I can't believe we are still talking about this. There was never a real reason to think he'd be eligible.

This is meaningless. Charles Buggs was the star one year!
I can't believe we are still talking about this. There was never a real reason to think he'd be eligible.

Talked to Charles at this year's s scrimmage and he remembered it well and wished things had worked out better here.

Prove how the NCAA screwed Carr. Dozens of transfers denied.

The Pitt AD is on the board that approves/denies waivers. Carr never had a chance from the beginning, they would never admit their own athletic department was toxic, even after they paid their coach 10 million to leave.

Did HE MOVE CLOSER TO HOME, did Georgia let him go ? Did he play a different sport. Nothing to compare the Carr situation to.

Justin Fields was from Georgia or at least played HS ft ball in Georgia. Georgia must've let go. I'm with you though, the NCAA needs to just make a rule and stick with it. This grey area has lead to a larger mess. Most graduate programs are 18 months, make all transfers wait a year or have none of them. Or make specific rule s like a coaching being fired.

Top Bottom