Star University of Minnesota Gophers wrestler arrested on criminal sex charges

How can someone be arrested but not charge with anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you have such a promising career ahead of you why in the world would you do anything to jeaporidise it, it's mind boggling how it happens again and again all over the sports world, you'd think they'd learn from the mistakes of others.

When you have such a promising career ahead of you why in the world would you do anything to jeaporidise it, it's mind boggling how it happens again and again all over the sports world, you'd think they'd learn from the mistakes of others.

It’s way too early to say anything like this. For all we know the accusations could be lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guilty until proven innocent

They need to have PC to hold them.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I want to hear the "facts" in this case and I think probably will at some point. However, my emotions have ranged from entrapment to "you damned big dummies!".

Its difficult to hear a story like this especially coming on the heels of similar problems with football and men's basketball teams.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The original AP story didn't mention names, but did say a nationally-ranked heavyweight wrestler.

I want to hear the "facts" in this case and I think probably will at some point. However, my emotions have ranged from entrapment to "you damned big dummies!".

Its difficult to hear a story like this especially coming on the heels of similar problems with football and men's basketball teams.

Well if one or both are charged the criminal complaint is public information so we could have that fairly soon if there are charges.

Well if one or both are charged the criminal complaint is public information so we could have that fairly soon if there are charges.

And in the meanwhile, the narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" gets a running headstart.

And in the meanwhile, the narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" gets a running headstart.

Yeah it’s pretty bad how people can even make a comment about anything on this regarding he’s guilty or not guilty. It’s entirely too early to point fingers at anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far no charges. Have until noon on Tuesday to file charges if they want to.

Gophers wrestlers Steveson & Martinez jailed on suspicion of sexual conduct

Both Gable Steveson and Dylan Martinez were arrested on Saturday evening on a suspicion of a criminal sexual act. Steveson is 19, Martinez is 21.

Details are still unfolding on this situation. The University of Minnesota's Athletic Department has said that both student-athletes are suspended indefinitely from team activities.

Star Tribune Article

Pioneer Press

ows_156078587787896.jpg

ows_156078588020225.jpg

Meanwhile I'm sure it sucks sitting in a jail. Has to be an eye awakener.

Meanwhile I'm sure it sucks sitting in a jail. Has to be an eye awakener.
Can confirm. I spent a night in jail in my early 20's and it definitely sucks. Spent half the next day in various holding cells waiting to see the judge. 12 years later, I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Released with no charges filed.

Next up? The U of M's clown show.

If by “Clown show” you mean investigation process that the school is forced to conduct according to federal law, then yes.

If this is a hazing act gone wrong, it would have to be pretty serious I would think for his roommate to call the police and report it as sexual assault.

If by “Clown show” you mean investigation process that the school is forced to conduct according to federal law, then yes.

If this is a hazing act gone wrong, it would have to be pretty serious I would think for his roommate to call the police and report it as sexual assault.

Curious, where did the "hazing" aspect come from? Is there information that this was something hazing related?

Yes, that is the one. The one that has been shown to be off the charts inept in the past.

Yes, Clown Show. The process that lets "investigators" make up "facts" about people who were not involved just to fit their narrative.

"So, you weren't at the event in question on 12 June 2019 because you were in France and have evidence and witnesses corroborating that? Well, our 'investigator' believes you were there because the victim thinks they thought your name during said event. Guilty. Guilty until proven innocent."

Federally mandated or not, it is still administered by the university, so they can skew it with their bias.

Curious, where did the "hazing" aspect come from? Is there information that this was something hazing related?

I made it up out of thin air, as a wild guess. No reports citing hazing that I’ve seen.

Why would two male male wrestlers sexually assault another male using an object? Seems about as bizarre as anything. So I guessed it had something to do with hazing or some tradition like that, gone overboard or awry.

Top Bottom