More info on early entrants

A lot of interesting tidbits in there. Raymar Morgan potentially entering the draft? Would that be a Rick Rickert-type mistake, or is Morgan more NBA-ready than what I've been seeing?

From my viewpoint, that would be beyond a Rick Rickert-type mistake. His name was the one that jumped out at me the most in the "you gotta me &%$*in' me" category.

On the national scene, I think Rick Barnes has to ecstatic about Damion James coming back, along with Dexter Pittman. Although they lose Abrams, they gain Jai Lucas as a transfer and from what I'm reading, their incoming guard<a href="http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Avery-Bradley-5285/" target="blank" >Avery Bradley</a> will be among the top freshmen in the nation next season. Throw in their other top <a href="http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Hamilton-1321/" target="blank" >freshman recruit</a> and that matchup against Kansas looks pretty tasty along with the showdowns against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A&M, and Missouri. Are Michigan State and Texas due for another game this next season or was it just a one game thing?

Texas vs. Sparty

Coolhand, I'm assuming the Texas/Sparty contract is done. In 2007-08 they played at a neutral site in Michigan, not sure if it was in Auburn Hills or Detroit.

A ton of kids make stupid decisions every year. There are only 30 guaranteed money spots and the majority of those are taken.

Unfortunately, staying in school is not attractive to the kids because a lot of them would not be there if it weren't for basketball. They don't see it as I can help my college team and improve my game. They see it as someone in the world is going to pay me to play basketball and it is going to be more money then I would otherwise make. Even if it is 75 k a year in the Turkish 5th division.

Thanks for that SS, I couldn't recall the first game in the series. I wouldn't mind seeing those two teams match up again next year though, it would be very interesting. Both programs do not shy away from the non-conference schedule though, so one might hope. Or might Minnesota step into that Big Ten slot for the Longhorns? I would think they'd have a tough of it next year, but it would help the SOS and bring some national attention our way before the Big 10 season starts.

I think Texas is done with both Michigan St. and Wisconsin, at least for now. UW and Texas completed their home-and-home this past season. The same for MSU and Texas, though theirs was semi-home and semi-home.

Top Bottom