CBS Way-too-early Top 25 for 2019 (Minnesota #23)

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...25-sees-clemson-entering-2019-season-at-no-1/

The important part - which, of course, is factually incorrect because we had consecutive winning seasons in 2013 and 2014, and 2004 and 2005.

23. Minnesota

P.J. Fleck is making tangible progress in the Twin Cities. Beginning in November, the Gophers beat Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech in the bowl game. Minny is looking for consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 2002-03.

Other B1G teams:

6. Ohio State
10. Michigan
12. Penn State
17. Wisconsin
18. Nebraska
20. Iowa
25. Northwestern

Last edited:

B1G West is going to be a wild race next year. So many teams bunched together in Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota and Purdue. Only Illinois would be a shocker to win it.

Only 8 B1G teams in the Top 25? I can see our Gophers winning the west and finishing near the Top 10.

B1G West is going to be a wild race next year. So many teams bunched together in Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota and Purdue. Only Illinois would be a shocker to win it.

I agree with you 100%. The ironic part is with that many contending teams, the winner will end up accumulating a couple losses and this will be used as "proof" the division is "weak"

Top 5 made me laugh. Georgia and LSU shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Only 8 B1G teams in the Top 25? I can see our Gophers winning the west and finishing near the Top 10.
Northwestern won the west and ranks below us on this list.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Beat the badgers once and people think something like this is possible next year?

Win 3 of your last four by 20 points against Bowl eligible teams, and people start to believe it.

Top Bottom