Nebraska juco rb recruit needs GPA help

"He's working to raise that GPA. The problem is, the more classes you take, the better grades you have to get."

Silly student .... taking more classes!

Time to start questioning if Nebraska is worthy of being in the B1G! First, they lose their research accreditation, the basketball team gets creened and becomes a JuCo rent a player center and the football team gets creened and uses minimal academic standards. Doesn’t really look like they want to represent academic excellence!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does any football team represent academic excellence?

If we’re not into second (or third...) chances and redemption what does that say about us? I suppose a line needs to be drawn somewhere and the NCAA describes it explicitly.

I’d have welcomed Jeff Jones if he’d been able to get his priorities straight but that ship has sailed.

Does any football team represent academic excellence?

If we’re not into second (or third...) chances and redemption what does that say about us? I suppose a line needs to be drawn somewhere and the NCAA describes it explicitly.

I’d have welcomed Jeff Jones if he’d been able to get his priorities straight but that ship has sailed.

Jeff Jones' stupidity saved the Gophers from Jeff Jones' stupidity. I, for one, am extremely happy that he was not affiliated with the Gophers when he was drug dealing with a loaded gun under his seat.

Time to start questioning if Nebraska is worthy of being in the B1G! First, they lose their research accreditation, the basketball team gets creened and becomes a JuCo rent a player center and the football team gets creened and uses minimal academic standards. Doesn’t really look like they want to represent academic excellence!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't Scott Frost play for Tom Osborne? He was a football first type of fella.

He isn’t going there to play school.

Would be a bad blow to the team. Kid is the real deal and a key piece to the 2019 offense. It all comes down to his finals that he is currently taking. After his final grades come out, the coaches have to decide whether or not its time to part ways or try to get him through admissions.

It's just now time to start questioning?? No, sadly the time for questioning it was when Delaney was salivating over the idea of Nebraska getting the Big Ten's auto bid to the play off 3-4 times every decade, and boosting Big Ten football national TV ratings up higher.

Damn everything else that is important to the Big Ten, like being a major research school -- which Nebraska never was, and then was promptly kicked out of the AAU.

Football team hasn't lived up to jack squat, and was never going to bring many new cable subscribers to BTN, due to the small population of their state. National college football fans don't give a rip about Nebraska, any more than they do Iowa.

That's what Nebraska is ..... a red Iowa. Which is fine, it is what it is ... but it's not an Alabama or a Clemson. Never was going to be.

I will contend that Nebraska should've stayed in the Big XII, or if they were that desperate to get away from Texas, then follow Colorado into the PAC. Thing is, they've always wanted to be in the Big Ten. They applied a long time ago and were denied. But their admin have always dreamed about Lincoln being a Big Ten campus and town.

Wish the PAC could've added Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and K-State, to go along with Colorado and Utah. That would've given them a central timezone footprint that they do need.

Then Big Ten could've added Iowa St, which is a much better fit with Iowa and MN being natural rivals, and a much better research school. And their football and basketball teams aren't too bad these days!

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well there it is. The dumbest post i have seen this year. Congrats! I have a lot of respect for Minnesota fans. I have gotten along with almost all of them that have come to the games and vice versa, However you are among the fans that disgrace the rest by association. If you dont know anything about that crap that you are spewing might as well keep your sh!tter shut.

Would be a bad blow to the team. Kid is the real deal and a key piece to the 2019 offense. It all comes down to his finals that he is currently taking. After his final grades come out, the coaches have to decide whether or not its time to part ways or try to get him through admissions.
They should enroll him in summer school courses at UNC to help his GPA....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jeff Jones' stupidity saved the Gophers from Jeff Jones' stupidity. I, for one, am extremely happy that he was not affiliated with the Gophers when he was drug dealing with a loaded gun under his seat.

It would be more stupid to deal drugs without a loaded gun under your seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there it is. The dumbest post i have seen this year. Congrats! I have a lot of respect for Minnesota fans. I have gotten along with almost all of them that have come to the games and vice versa, However you are among the fans that disgrace the rest by association. If you dont know anything about that crap that you are spewing might as well keep your sh!tter shut.

I think the years of bad gopher play has left its mark on some gopher fans.

While I do agree that there are some things that I think Nebraska should have had some sort of repercussion for after joining the Big Ten (namely the research accreditation thing or whatever, since it was a requirement to join), I think its entirely overblown in this thread.

This affirms I hit the nail right on the head. Dead nuts center.

Any time someone comes back with “that was a stupid post” and then doesn’t supply a shred of reason why, or any counter-argument whatsoever, that’s the same thing as them saying “well heck, I can’t think of anything to say”.

It's just now time to start questioning?? No, sadly the time for questioning it was when Delaney was salivating over the idea of Nebraska getting the Big Ten's auto bid to the play off 3-4 times every decade, and boosting Big Ten football national TV ratings up higher.

Damn everything else that is important to the Big Ten, like being a major research school -- which Nebraska never was, and then was promptly kicked out of the AAU.

Football team hasn't lived up to jack squat, and was never going to bring many new cable subscribers to BTN, due to the small population of their state. National college football fans don't give a rip about Nebraska, any more than they do Iowa.

That's what Nebraska is ..... a red Iowa. Which is fine, it is what it is ... but it's not an Alabama or a Clemson. Never was going to be.

I will contend that Nebraska should've stayed in the Big XII, or if they were that desperate to get away from Texas, then follow Colorado into the PAC. Thing is, they've always wanted to be in the Big Ten. They applied a long time ago and were denied. But their admin have always dreamed about Lincoln being a Big Ten campus and town.

Wish the PAC could've added Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and K-State, to go along with Colorado and Utah. That would've given them a central timezone footprint that they do need.

Then Big Ten could've added Iowa St, which is a much better fit with Iowa and MN being natural rivals, and a much better research school. And their football and basketball teams aren't too bad these days!

I don't know about the rest of your points in this thread, but the Pac 12 part is interesting. Nebraska has had a pretty strong connection with L.A., so recruiting wise, it might have been a good move. I think that Nebraska has been an okay fit. Missouri or ISU might have been a little better overall, but I think it has been good to have Nebraska. Besides, IIRC correctly, the University of Chicago is still connected academically.

It wasn’t really ever on the table, but if Nebraska had been there when the PAC was trying to add six including Texas, you wonder. But I think the whole point is that Nebraska realized that it’s main glory days came from beating up on the Big 8 teams other than Oklahoma, and it just couldn’t compete with the Texas schools. And it had wanted into the Big Ten for a long time.

Disagree that adding Iowa St would have been a better fit. Their fanbase would add very few eyeballs, and BTN was already covered. Plus no baseball. It would be cool for basketball but that's about it.

Disagree that adding Iowa St would have been a better fit. Their fanbase would add very few eyeballs, and BTN was already covered. Plus no baseball. It would be cool for basketball but that's about it.

Very easily a better fit as a research, AAU school.

But let’s be honest, Delaney never gave a crap about that. It was/is the presidents that care/d about that stuff, and were hoodwinked into believing that they would keep and improve their status within the AAU by being allowed to join the Big Ten.

That worked out about as well as the hope that they’d be a power in football.

We did gain a championship volleyball program, though. That was nice.

But let’s be honest, Delaney never gave a crap about that. It was/is the presidents that care/d about that stuff, and were hoodwinked into believing that they would keep and improve their status within the AAU by being allowed to join the Big Ten.

There are other research AAU schools that are not already in a market covered by the BTN. Ames is already within the footprint.

The N is for nowledge.

Didn't he fail 2 drug tests? I can see second chances but between that and barely getting passing grades at a community college, this seems like a 4th chance.

Money comes before all else so as long as the NCAA will let him play they're going to take him. Student athletes have been much more of athletes than students for a while now. Conferences and schools will always choose whatever makes them the most money and pretend they care about academics to make the fans who care happy.

Nebraska lost its AAU membership because the state's university medical school is located in Omaha under a different administrative branch. AAU membership does not count Ag research funded by the USDA so without a med school in Lincoln and the majority of Ag research not being counted they were below the bar of required research spending.

Nebraska had been in the AAU since 1909.

Last edited:

Nothing is dumber than posting on another team’s board. That’s disgraceful. Good luck in your journey to recovery.

Nothing is dumber than posting on another team’s board. That’s disgraceful. Good luck in your journey to recovery.

Add him to your ignore list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas and/or Mizzou would fit much better than IA St.

His post may be a little exaggerated, but to outside (non Nebraska) fans, Frost and Hoiberg haven’t taken very long to produce some indications of sketchiness. You went from two coaches who were respected and did things the right way, in Mike Riley and Tim Miles, to two guys who exude a “win at all costs” persona.

I know Nebraska fans love Tom Osborne, but (in addition to being a good coach) part of what made his program so successful is taking and keeping players that would not have been acceptable at more academically minded schools (like most of the B1G west). That was supposed to end, and if it doesn’t then they shouldn’t be in the B1G, go back to competing against K State and Arkansas.

His post may be a little exaggerated, but to outside (non Nebraska) fans, Frost and Hoiberg haven’t taken very long to produce some indications of sketchiness. You went from two coaches who were respected and did things the right way, in Mike Riley and Tim Miles, to two guys who exude a “win at all costs” persona.

I know Nebraska fans love Tom Osborne, but (in addition to being a good coach) part of what made his program so successful is taking and keeping players that would not have been acceptable at more academically minded schools (like most of the B1G west). That was supposed to end, and if it doesn’t then they shouldn’t be in the B1G, go back to competing against K State and Arkansas.

In an earlier post I mentioned that Frost and Hoilberg were going to be pain in the axx because of all the monies available. Let alone flimsy entrance requirements. Nebraska made over 1 million dollars at their spring game (80,000 attendance x $10 plus onsite donations). And with the NCAA turning a blind eye to all the program illegalities it spells problems for the Big10.

Nebraska lost its AAU membership because the state's university medical school is located in Omaha under a different administrative branch. AAU membership does not count Ag research funded by the USDA so without a med school in Lincoln and the majority of Ag research not being counted they were below the bar of required research spending.

Nebraska had been in the AAU since 1909.

Doesn’t work for me. Iowa State has no med school, never has and never will. Also, Iowa St is a huge ag research school, with USDA research facilities right in Ames. So what you’re claiming here doesn’t jive.

The reason Nebraska lost AAU is that it was not competitive in winning federal grants. Their research numbers were being pumped up by non-competitive internal and state funding.

Kansas and/or Mizzou would fit much better than IA St.

They could’ve had Mizzou, if they wanted. Mizzou was begging to be #12. They even put it a statement to the effect that they were ready to leave the Big XII and be scooped up by the Big Ten.

Delaney had other ideas. He wanted Nebraska football, for the new Big Ten championship game.

Top Bottom