Old Memorabilia Sighting

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Came across a keychain music box with the vintage Goldy logo (see below) on it that played The Rouser. Not surprising it was small and shiny gold in color.

Remarkably the music box part still worked and chimed out the song perfectly.

It appeared to be from the 40s or 50s...but might be from later.(being younger) Having the classic logo tends to make me think it is older since the classic dropped off in the 70s.

I would think this would be more of a women's item but what do I know...

goldy.png

Wondering if this or similar rings a bell (or chyme so to speak) with anyone? It was very cool.

I feel like this thread has some elite tangent hijacking potential...

Is there any logo or markings on it? that sounds like a promotional item - but the question is whether it was produced by the U or done by some other company?

Anything that indicates when or where it was made?

Thanks SON. Nothing apparent on the item proper. It was in a display case at an antique mall so really wasn't opportunity to do much but look, wonder, and put it back. Asking amount beyond my price point...but I thought about it...and obviously still am.

The only marking I noted was the Goldy on one side. If curiosity really gets this Gopher and I go back, I agree looking for small print is what to look for.

The music box opened very easily so I could see the works. For lack of a better term it looked old on the inside. Really nice condition on the outside. Don't think it ever made it to a keychain in daily use.

Am more than open to hijacking if there's somewhere else to go PM...

Thanks SON. Nothing apparent on the item proper. It was in a display case at an antique mall so really wasn't opportunity to do much but look, wonder, and put it back. Asking amount beyond my price point...but I thought about it...and obviously still am.

The only marking I noted was the Goldy on one side. If curiosity really gets this Gopher and I go back, I agree looking for small print is what to look for.

The music box opened very easily so I could see the works. For lack of a better term it looked old on the inside. Really nice condition on the outside. Don't think it ever made it to a keychain in daily use.

Am more than open to hijacking if there's somewhere else to go PM...

If you explore an antique store you can usually find some kind of Gopher memorabilia. Old homecoming buttons are the best.

If you explore an antique store you can usually find some kind of Gopher memorabilia. Old homecoming buttons are the best.

Yes, that is what I look for. Also, there are old postcards of Memorial Stadium and newspaper sports pages...look for the latter when in B1G country.

Regarding old postcards of Memorial Stadium --- I found this graphic interesting insofar as the student section was seated based on class rank.

brickhouse_seating.jpg

Regarding old postcards of Memorial Stadium --- I found this graphic interesting insofar as the student section was seated based on class rank.

View attachment 6311

They did the same thing in the dome during my student days. Older you were the better seats you got. Not the entire time, but first couple of years for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5264[1].jpg

anyone IMG_5264[1].jpgknow how old this is? its an old button type with a football hanging below

My art project using items from childhood and the finds over the years.20190922_190218.jpg

Attachments

• 20190922_190218.jpg
    20190922_190218.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 47

Aaaahhh...Found it on eBay too. Says from the 70s... Makes sense.

20191002_173100.jpg

A friend found this gem for me. Meet sideways Lou Holtz (couldn't figure out how to rotate it).

Flying Lou Holtz. Check out the playbook in his back pocket. Or just his directions to Notre Dame.
20191002_173331.jpg

Top Bottom