Marcus Carr Waiver: Appeal Announcement Expected Today (11/14)

Dick Vitale chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Dick Vitale chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!
Can social networking from key people change the prejudice of the NCAA toward Minnesota? We'll see, but I won't get my hopes up.
I think Mark the Snake [emoji216] Coyle would work well at the NCAA headquarters. Same shallow thinking.

Andy Katz has us as an 8 seed, Jerry Palm has us as an 11. Lunardi doesn't even put us on the bubble.

I stand corrected. I guess I have seen a few outlets that have us missing the tourney. Mostly cbs, yahoo and the like (not that they really know anything though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Bilas:

Verified account @JayBilas

Follow Follow @JayBilas

 More

Jay Bilas Retweeted Marcus R. Fuller

There is no legitimate reason for the NCAA to deny the waiver of Marcus Carr. Pitt is not opposing the waiver. This is just wrong. It hurts a player and helps no one. Bad policy. GRANT THE WAIVER, NCAA.

Can this still be appealed? Sorry if this has already been asked ITT.

Looks like some others were denied today too... Curtis Jones of Oklahoma St (transfer from Indiana) and Carlton Bragg of New Mexico (transfer from Kansas).

I think some of you are making way too big of a deal about this, in relation to how this affects the team. Would the Gophers be better with him? Yes. Should the NCAA have approved the waiver? Probably, given what we've seen in other instances. Does this kill postseason aspirations? No. This team is still deep (knocking on wood for a healthy Curry soon) and talented, even without Carr. I'll be at the game against Utah and am pumped to see them in person for the first time this year.

Create a poll regarding immediate elidgibity of transfers at any point in history other than these past 2 weeks on this board and it’s overwhelmingly against. Carr gets denied for what is a pretty standard transfer and we are burning the place down.

I’ll give you being mad at the inconsistencies, but by all intents of the rule, Carr should be sitting out.

Last edited:

:clap:
Can social networking from key people change the prejudice of the NCAA toward Minnesota? We'll see, but I won't get my hopes up.
I think Mark the Snake [emoji216] Coyle would work well at the NCAA headquarters. Same shallow thinking.

Create a poll regarding immediate elidgibity of transfers at any point in history other than these past 2 weeks on this board and it’s overwhelmkngly against. Carr gets denied for what is a pretty standard transfer and we are burning the place down.

I’ll give you being mad at the inconsistencies, but by all intents of the rule, Carr should be sitting out.

You are missing the point, people are mad because the rules apply to some and not others. Rules for thee but not for me, is the definition of unfairness and that is why people are upset.

You are missing the point, people are mad because the rules apply to some and not others. Rules for thee but not for me, is the definition of unfairness and that is why people are upset.

No, I get that I, even typed it out.

Point remains.

Last edited:

Create a poll regarding immediate elidgibity of transfers at any point in history other than these past 2 weeks on this board and it’s overwhelmkngly against. Carr gets denied for what is a pretty standard transfer and we are burning the place down.

well stated.

25-6 is how i see this roster. This is the year to grab the conference. IU and OSU are not built yet, MSU and Michigan are down one notch and the roster should match UW very well.

25-6 is how i see this roster. This is the year to grab the conference. IU and OSU are not built yet, MSU and Michigan are down one notch and the roster should match UW very well.
Ya got some more of that Kool-aid?

From a talent perspective, I’m probably pretty close to this, too. It’s taken a long ass time, but I’m really happy with the talent and depth this team has (although I was also at the beginning of last year). It’s all on coaching now. A mediocre coaching job should get this roster to the ncaa. This really is the “show me” year that injuries and lynch stole from Pitino last year.

If we are top 4-5 in the big ten, I won’t worry too much about where we land in that grouping. We’ll lose a couple we “shouldn’t”, but hopefully steal a couple back. In my mind, what Pitino really needs is an ncaa win.

Success begets success.

One more reminder for myself. Don’t sweat the imperfect victories. Just stack up the wins. Two years ago we won a lot of tight games against the middle of the big ten en route to a 5 seed. Good collegiate teams are teams that can make winning plays in the 2nd half. There’s not a lot separating the middle of the big ten, so there’s no shame to be had in any victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Curry back fully healthy (not the Dupree gimpy one legged kind) and I can hop on board with some of the crazy predictions. Somehow appeal and get Carr added to the mix and I definitely would be on board. We have a LOT of potential with this team if we just get the depth back as injuries are bound to occur.

I think Oturo is going to struggle more than some are predicting. Other than Murphy we are going to be very reliant on Dupree hitting outside shots and Amir staying healthy.

That said we absolutely should be a tournament team, beat up on the bottom
Of the big 10 and play with everyone else consistently. Gonna be some stinkers and if an injury or two occurs we might see some ugly b-ball come back.

I think Oturo is going to struggle more than some are predicting. Other than Murphy we are going to be very reliant on Dupree hitting outside shots and Amir staying healthy.

That said we absolutely should be a tournament team, beat up on the bottom
Of the big 10 and play with everyone else consistently. Gonna be some stinkers and if an injury or two occurs we might see some ugly b-ball come back.

Hard to say how he will do against more athletic competition but Kalscheur has played in control, does not take wild shots, and makes a good percentage of the one he takes. He is going to provide some scoring.

The middle won't be a dead zone this year like it was last year without Lynch, both Oturo and Stockman can catch and score, they will command respect and have to be guarded in the middle, I really see a balanced level of scoring. With Washington off the bench, he can light it up at times, a more confident Hurt, Stull getting comfortable, this team has many more options than has been the case recently.

I like it!

I know that you're referring to scoring in general, not just 3-point shooting, but I'm a lot less concerned about the outside shooting this year with Stull and Kalscheur both looking to get significant minutes and being very good shooters. Pree had a great shooting night in the last game, but I think those other 2 are better pure shooters than Pree and Coffee. Hopefully we'll finally have a season where we have multiple good shooters on the floor at all times!

I know that you're referring to scoring in general, not just 3-point shooting, but I'm a lot less concerned about the outside shooting this year with Stull and Kalscheur both looking to get significant minutes and being very good shooters. Pree had a great shooting night in the last game, but I think those other 2 are better pure shooters than Pree and Coffee. Hopefully we'll finally have a season where we have multiple good shooters on the floor at all times!

We have previously little evidence to go on for most of what you just alleged. I hope you’re right but I have my maroon colored glasses on and expect some bumps and be sneaking by with an 7th or 6th place finish.

Top Bottom