Final Big Ten Power Rankings

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Black Heart Gold Pants first out of the gate with Gophers 7th:

7. Minnesota (7-6, 3-6)
Thanks for ruining Paul Johnson Day, Minnesota! I wouldn’t read too much into the Gophers’ 34-10 demolition of Georgia Tech — Norm Parker famously said he’d diagnosed Tech’s triple option in the 70’s, so just about any team should be able to beat an archaic offense with three weeks worth of preparation. PJ Fleck sucks, carry on.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...ankings-the-end-pat-fitzgerald-rose-bowl-bhgp

Go Gophers!!

That's kinda a jerkish article.

Why does everyone in sports media try so hard to be an asshole?

Always enjoy that site's humor. Worth the click to read the whole list.

ahhhhh ok, it's a Hawkeye website, never heard of it until today

well, Justin Gaard will probably like this thread then

That's kinda a jerkish article.

Why does everyone in sports media try so hard to be an asshole?

It’s the flavor of that site which is usually pretty funny. May be true though about Ga Tech and having weeks to prepare for their offense. Looking at their last 10 years or so, their bowl record is not good, 3-6, and in 3 of those games they scored 10 points or less.

It’s the flavor of that site which is usually pretty funny. May be true though about Ga Tech and having weeks to prepare for their offense. Looking at their last 10 years or so, their bowl record is not good, 3-6, and in 3 of those games they scored 10 points or less.

I didn't realize how bad GA Tech is ... at passing. They hardly tried so if you could handle dudes running laterally with an option, it was kinda over.

Too bad for them as you'd hope the option would open up some passing, and we know we can leave guys open.... their thing just couldn't take advantage of our weakness.

Last edited:

So, it's sorta sarcasticly written?

He insults the Gophers.
We can’t click on that link!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, the Tech offense is really hard to prepare for in a week, much easier when you have more time. That said, they are very good at what they do and you still have to execute in order to control them which is exactly what our defense did. And they did it without 2 of their LBs (including the leading tackler on the team). It was another impressive showing by a defense that was getting torched earlier in the season.

Man some Gopher fans are just:

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...-ten-final-power-rankings-20190103-story.html

7. Minnesota

Let’s give it up for the Gophers, who were 4-5 after a 24-point loss to lowly Illinois. Rather than drown or tread water, they actually did row the boat, landing on the island of respectability. Minnesota throttled Purdue and Wisconsin down the stretch and then ruined Paul Johnson’s final game at Georgia Tech. Don’t sleep on Mohamed Ibrahim (224 rushing yards in the bowl victory) and the young Gophers in 2019 and beyond. P.J. Fleck is building something.

Black Heart Gold Pants first out of the gate with Gophers 7th:

7. Minnesota (7-6, 3-6)
Thanks for ruining Paul Johnson Day, Minnesota! I wouldn’t read too much into the Gophers’ 34-10 demolition of Georgia Tech — Norm Parker famously said he’d diagnosed Tech’s triple option in the 70’s, so just about any team should be able to beat an archaic offense with three weeks worth of preparation. PJ Fleck sucks, carry on.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...ankings-the-end-pat-fitzgerald-rose-bowl-bhgp

Go Gophers!!

Our rivals hate PJ. That's a good thing and that's what we want. It only reinforces my belief that he is the right coach for us!

Our rivals hate PJ. That's a good thing and that's what we want. It only reinforces my belief that he is the right coach for us!

I would agree. I think rival teams know that Minnesota could get very very good under Fleck and they are starting to get concerned. The real up and comer is going to be Nebraska the next few years but Minnesota is going to be vastly improved and will be very interesting to watch.

I do think it is rather funny how everyone was concerned about the defense being able to make adjustments to an entirely different offense and this would be a real test for Rossi and the Gopher defense. Then when they shut it down it gets dismissed. For a defense that used to watch the same play over and over for big gains without making any adjustments I would say this was a vast improvement!

Hoosiers Huddle chimes in with Gophers 7th:

7. Minnesota (7-6, 3-6, defeated Georgia Tech 34-10 in the Quick Lane Bowl)

Minnesota’s season was filled with ups and downs during head coach PJ Fleck’s second year. The Gophers got blown out at home against Maryland as part of a four-game losing streak. However, they handily beat Purdue and Wisconsin in two big upsets. Minnesota finished the season with a blowout win over Georgia Tech in the Quick Lane Bowl. Will PJ Fleck and the Gophers make another leap next season or will they remain average?

https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-b...nkings-for-the-2018-football-season/2019/1/10

Go Gophers!!

You mean that's what you want.

Personally I don't see any casual effect of fans' coach hatred on player performance. Opposing fans didn't like Bo Ryan and his teams did very well but mostly everybody liked and respected Tom Izzo and his teams also did very well.

You mean that's what you want.

Personally I don't see any casual effect of fans' coach hatred on player performance. Opposing fans didn't like Bo Ryan and his teams did very well but mostly everybody liked and respected Tom Izzo and his teams also did very well.

You're completely missing my point, so let me clarify. My point is that if our biggest rivals hate our coach, it is most likely because they believe he is doing a good job (which they hate), not because they believe he sucks.

You're completely missing my point, so let me clarify. My point is that if our biggest rivals hate our coach, it is most likely because they believe he is doing a good job (which they hate), not because they believe he sucks.

I’m not sure anyone likes/dislikes opposing coaches more/less based on their win/loss record. That seems silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that is a fun video to watch. THANK YOU!

I dislike Bo Schembechler(?) for getting all tangled up in the chords and taking away our momentum on that terrible night, and I very much dislike Barry Alvarez because of the badgers' success. I tend to hold some grudges unfortunately.

Ive never understood the fascination with power rankings. It's basically one person's opinion.

I could list a Big Ten power rankings and it would be just as valid.

I could watch that video everyday until next season and it wouldn't get old/any less satisfying...

YES! I imagine I'll still feel this way a year or ten from now as well!

Top Bottom