Ciarrocca a candidate for the West Virginia Offensive Coordinator job?

GopherNuts

Reaction score
Buzz about it on Twitter and some of the message boards.

Burns is certainly coyly hinting about it. That would suck

This seems odd on the surface if true. He grew up in Pennsylvania and has no obvious connection to the state of West Virginia or the school. Maybe he'd be getting a massive pay bump, which I doubt. He'd also be leaving a program seemingly on the rise for another with a brand new coach who may or may not be any good at the Power 5 level.

This seems odd on the surface if true. He grew up in Pennsylvania and has no obvious connection to the state of West Virginia or the school. Maybe he'd be getting a massive pay bump, which I doubt. He'd also be leaving a program seemingly on the rise for another with a brand new coach who may or may not be any good at the Power 5 level.

He's also going to a conference where he wouldn't have to contend with much defense.

That would be really disappointing to me. For the first time in a long while we had an offense that continued to get better as the season progressed, was innovative, and got a lot of production out of decent talent.
Just say no, Kirk.

Just don’t see it happening...Gophers should be able to match that offer

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does PJ have another candidate in mind? I agree - WVU is not a job you move laterally to unless there are extenuating circumstances. Is there someone on staff or on the market (or soon to be) that PJ has a coaching crush on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like a weird fit.

Neal Brown was hired as a Hal Mumme/Mike Leach disciple. He made a career as an OC/QB coach.

It seems weird that someone with that kind of pedigree would hire someone from outside of that coaching tree entirely.

Who would be our new OC? Matt Simon?

His connection would be to Neal Brown, WVU’s HC. He was a WRs coach (albeit for 1 season) for Coach KC when he was an Offensive Coordinator at Delaware. He’s probably had him in mind as he’s elevated through the ranks. IMO, the U needs to match the offer or make it a better one. He needs to stay.

Does PJ have another candidate in mind? I agree - WVU is not a job you move laterally to unless there are extenuating circumstances. Is there someone on staff or on the market (or soon to be) that PJ has a coaching crush on?

No inside info at all, but if this happens it seems likely that Matt Simon would be promoted to OC (still coaching WRs) and we'd then be in the market for a QB coach.

Matt Simon is a good coach but he's only coached WR's in his career. Usually you see either QB coaches or at least some variety in positions.

Matt Simon is a good coach but he's only coached WR's in his career. Usually you see either QB coaches or at least some variety in positions.

Fleck was only ever a WR coach and went straight to a head coaching position.

Fleck was only ever a WR coach and went straight to a head coaching position.

Yes but PJ isn’t an X and O’s guy. No idea if Simon qualifies as one but having a former wideout coach as head coach and one as your OC doesn’t seem like the best fit. If Simon is that guy, you’d probably want him to transition to a QB coach to give him run of the offense.

I believe the staff are in San Antonio today and they’re probably talking to a bunch of folks. If an announcement is made quickly, I think that would tell us a lot.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time this program gets close to turning the corner, it gets snatched away.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Schiano was let go as D-coordinator at OSU.
I'd expect Fleck to bring him on board in some capacity if possible.

This is at least intriguing....

I like Kirk.
Was hoping he would stay here.

Is this a done deal? That's a big chunk of offensive know how going out the door. What's the deal? More money? Closer to home and family? Tired of PJ's gimmicks?

His connection would be to Neal Brown, WVU’s HC. He was a WRs coach (albeit for 1 season) for Coach KC when he was an Offensive Coordinator at Delaware. He’s probably had him in mind as he’s elevated through the ranks. IMO, the U needs to match the offer or make it a better one. He needs to stay.

Agreed.

Top Bottom