Mikyle McIntosh

Do we know?

I think he would ha e hurt the team and glad coach gave him the boot.

16.8 ppg, 42% FG and 25.8% on 128 3-balls.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing because I don't know how he would have fit in. Just a thought. But, to his credit he helped his new team achieve 23 wins, get to the NCAA and he avg 17 pts a game. How bad can he be? I guess we'll see if he is on the Texas So. team next year. ha The 42% while not spectacular is reasonable for a college guard...it includes the 26% from 3. He was solid from the line. Biggest knock for me...he didn't show up their last two big games...3 for 20.

Went nearly coast to coast in one of those plays. His offensive skill set reminds me a bit of Carlos Morris but with much better size and strength.

Good looking player. More efficient shooting stroke than Carlos the Gopher and looks like better range, too. We gotta get him in here!

If the coaching staff thinks Fitzgerald can contribute next year, why take McIntosh over a possible guard or center transfer? He's similar in size to Fitzgerald and they'd likely both be the backup to Coffey at SF.

If the coaching staff thinks Fitzgerald can contribute next year, why take McIntosh over a possible guard or center transfer? He's similar in size to Fitzgerald and they'd likely both be the backup to Coffey at SF.

They can't exactly pick and choose who they get. If a talented player wants to come, excellent. You aren't going to turn away McIntosh, who will help, to hope you get a big man or more of a "need" position.

I think McIntosh can play the 2, 3 and 4. If Morris can start at the 2 for a year then I think McIntosh could at least backup McBrayer.

I think McIntosh can play the 2, 3 and 4. If Morris can start at the 2 for a year then I think McIntosh could at least backup McBrayer.

Yeah but next year's team is a little better than the teams Morris played on. Plus Morris was 6'5", McIntosh is 6'7". He also doesn't look like a PF either. And I'm not saying I don't want McIntosh, he would definitely help. But there were 114 grad transfers last year, maybe there is someone who could fit better, rather than play a similar position to Fitzgerald and Coffey.

Personally, I'd rather get another guard who can shoot and handle the ball. I know they don't exactly grow on trees, but we can definitely sell any transfer a great chance at winning big next year. Washington will definitely fill some of that role, but I don't think Harris will be much of a factor.

Yeah but next year's team is a little better than the teams Morris played on. Plus Morris was 6'5", McIntosh is 6'7". He also doesn't look like a PF either. And I'm not saying I don't want McIntosh, he would definitely help. But there were 114 grad transfers last year, maybe there is someone who could fit better, rather than play a similar position to Fitzgerald and Coffey.

Personally, I'd rather get another guard who can shoot and handle the ball. I know they don't exactly grow on trees, but we can definitely sell any transfer a great chance at winning big next year. Washington will definitely fill some of that role, but I don't think Harris will be much of a factor.

My problem with counting on anything from Fitz is that he is coming off of his second debilitating injury. The team needs to be ready if he is not physically able to contribute.

This thread could go down on the all-time speculation thread on Gopherhole- player category-since we have no confirmation that we either have a scholarship or the guy wants to leave where he is. Great fun.

Richmond Insider, where are you?

This thread is so fun because we have a very nice team coming back already and adding another scorer could push us to the next level. I see good arguments for all three positions (center, athletic/shooting forward or shooting guard. At this point, given we don't even have an open scholarship, I'll be happy with any of those!

In my perfect world, here's what happens: TWO spots open up. We fill one with a true center transfer with two or three years of eligibility left. That guy starts in 2018 with Oturu getting lots of minutes. We fill the other spot with a scoring grad transfer at any of three spots. McIntosh would be great. Next year's team could be special if we add the right ingredients. Then, Fitz turns out to be a pleasant surprise and gives us quality backup minutes at the three and four spots. Lastly, the two frosh guards are as advertised offensively, and also pick up defense better than most freshman. I know this is MN, but it's ok to dream, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that his coach would say this. If Pitino ever said something like that after Reggie graduates this spring (I think), that he's earned the right to leave and play for a Duke or Kentucky, I'd be pretty pissed.

There's a new ISU thread on this from the same forum in the OP: http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9814

ETA: It's interesting so many of their fans believe Reggie made a mistake transferring to Minnesota. I'm not sure how winning DPOY in the Big Ten is anything but confirmation that transferring was the right move for him. That is an honor he will carry with him for the rest of his life, regardless of what happens next season.

There's a new ISU thread on this from the same forum in the OP: http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9814

ETA: It's interesting so many of their fans believe Reggie made a mistake transferring to Minnesota. I'm not sure how winning DPOY in the Big Ten is anything but confirmation that transferring was the right move for him. That is an honor he will carry with him for the rest of his life, regardless of what happens next season.

browsed that forum while on hold. Some of those fans are crazy. First they HATE Reggie Lynch. Second things like 'MN isn't a tourney worthy team', 'we'd easily beat them', 'MTSU is equivalent to ISU', 'Reggie would be the 3rd best defensive player on ISU this year', lol. I know fans are fans but the way they talk they're basically Wichita St with a strong national rep. No doubt they're a nice mid major program but man some of those guys are delusional. So I guess they're like every other fanbase

McIntosh at 6-7 234lbs sounds closest to Murphy in size. Yet someone on here is suggesting he gets time at the 2? lol

He looks like an undersized pf who has 3 pt range. Doesn't leap like Murphy, probably would have trouble guarding the perimeter as Murphy does. Likely a backup pf on our team.

McIntosh at 6-7 234lbs sounds closest to Murphy in size. Yet someone on here is suggesting he gets time at the 2? lol

He looks like an undersized pf who has 3 pt range. Doesn't leap like Murphy, probably would have trouble guarding the perimeter as Murphy does. Likely a backup pf on our team.

Huh? This guy reminds you of Murph and can't jump as well? What are you looking at?

He's definitely a wing that could possibly play a small ball PF for short stretches. At least that's what I gathered from watching his NIT game Monday.

Lol. This guy doesn't play anything like Murphy from what I've seen. He would definitely be primarily a 3 on this team.

His skill set is completely different from Murphy and is much more similar to Carlos Morris. He just so happens to have a similar body. Amir is 6-8 anyways and plenty of people on here suggest that the 2 guard is his natural position.

Based on what I've seen, McIntosh is a natural perimeter player that just so happens to have the body of a PF. IMO it would be a bigger waste of his perimeter skills to put him in the post than it would be to waste his size by putting him at the 2 guard.

Also, as I noted earlier watching the NIT, on a play a switched onto UCF's PG who tried to drive by him but MM stayed in front of him and forced a tough jumper. I've seen a few other clips of him and he can definitely guard on the perimeter.

He's definitely a wing that could possibly play a small ball PF for short stretches. At least that's what I gathered from watching his NIT game Monday.

Don't know if he can shoot like Austin Hollins, but that's the position type I envision.

Don't know if he can shoot like Austin Hollins, but that's the position type I envision.

His 3 point total and percentage was actually the exact same as Carlos Morris. Both went 32-88 from 3 for 36.4%, last year for MM and junior year for Squirrel. Amir also went 32-95 for 33.7% to give you an idea of MM's ability.

FYI, we now know that ISUs board knows that we know the Gophers could be a landing spot for McIntosh.

You obviously have not watched any clips of this guy playing the game. Very different than Murphy.

...no idea how a Carlos Morris comparison came about either. He's a big, physical wing with ability to play on the block. I'd say Vincent Grier, looks like a great get if the pieces fall into place. Can always use an extra wing with that kind of size / handle / shooting ability / rebounding ability / ability to defend multiple positions.

I read their thread. Interestingly enough they seem to be much more level headed than the majority here on our board. At least in regards to their star player potentially leaving, I would have expected much much worse.

...no idea how a Carlos Morris comparison came about either. He's a big, physical wing with ability to play on the block. I'd say Vincent Grier, looks like a great get if the pieces fall into place. Can always use an extra wing with that kind of size / handle / shooting ability / rebounding ability / ability to defend multiple positions.

A bigger, stronger version of Carlos Morris was my original comparison. It's hard to deny their offensive skillets don't resemble each other if you've seen them play.

This outta end this thread:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom