What do you predict for the actual in-game attendance in the Nebraska game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

I went with 38,000-41,999, but if the rain/snow mix hits, I fear half the crowd will be Big Red fans.

What is the purpose, or point, of this thread every week?

Picked 38,000-41,999 just because of the weather. If it was like earlier this week with all of the sunshine I could easily see the Bank getting pretty darn full. Unfortunately I have a feeling the weather will prevent people from traveling and/or attending.

Picked 38,000-41,999 just because of the weather. If it was like earlier this week with all of the sunshine I could easily see the Bank getting pretty darn full. Unfortunately I have a feeling the weather will prevent people from traveling and/or attending.

Considering the game is nearly sold out now, that's a LOT of unused yet very expensive tickets.

I went with 38,000 to 41,999. The weather forecast is looking especially lousy and it's going to keep fans away, some of whom won't be able to or won't try to sell or give away their tickets, won't bail until the last moment when giving the tickets away or selling them won't be feasible or are in the older segment of our fan base for whom things like forwarding tickets from the U of M site to a friend on the other side of town or using StubHub isn't a possibility because it's beyond their online and computer capabilities.

The amount of tickets on StubHub also looks like a red flag. The Gophers have more tickets numerically and as a higher percentage of the capacity on StubHub right now than for the Vikings for the Eagles on Sunday. The Vikes' current amount of tickets on sale and percentage of capacity are running as normal for when the team is decent but not great and is facing a decent but not great team that isn't Green Bay for a Sunday Noon game. It's my opinion based on anecdotal evidence that the combination of our good start and Nebraska coming in while on a minor revival has led StubHub speculators and professional scalpers to stock up on tickets to resell that aren't going to move once the market collapses to some extent amidst temperatures in the 30s and rain possibly becoming snow. I hope I'm wrong.

Considering the game is nearly sold out now, that's a LOT of unused yet very expensive tickets.

Less than 50% of ticket holders actually showed up for our two home games last November. Husker fans should boost the percentage for this game.

FWIW there were ~2,600 tickets available through the gophers website last night and there are ~1,500 on StubHub as of now.

The StubHub number will inevitably drop to close to 0, but I do not anticipate it will be a sellout unless the gopher ticket office reduces prices (which seems unlikely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed on the Gopher Sports website that tickets in the upper left corner (where visiting fans typically are) are suddenly available when they weren't last night. Does this mean there are unused tickets that were allocated to Nebraska fans?

46k plus but probably not much above 46k. I've seen a ton of students trying to get rid of tickets without much luck.

I care much more about the maroon/red split than the actual number.

The Nebraska fans I work with here in Colorado seem very disheartened about their team due to the OSU debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if that shows in their turnout Saturday.

Agreed...this thread has no value...it's posted stupidly each home game...not sure why...its time to end it...can that be done?

LOL you hate it so much you posted on the thread twice, back to back?

Lots of tickets left through the U website, as of the last time I looked. I really do think they inflate prices and overall manage things to discourage a full house on a consistent basis. That may not be their intent, but it is the result. Of course the weather hurts in this case but when the average Joe looks on line at the ticket site (not talking about secondary market here), and sees the lowest cost ticket to be $87, it is like a big stop sign to any local tire kicker thinking they might want to check out the Gophers.

It would be nice if There were $30 tickets available, at least high in the second deck to bring in people that want to check out the Gophers. Seats in my section are $115 and it goes up fast closer to the center of the field.

Lots of tickets left through the U website, as of the last time I looked. I really do think they inflate prices and overall manage things to discourage a full house on a consistent basis. That may not be their intent, but it is the result. Of course the weather hurts in this case but when the average Joe looks on line at the ticket site (not talking about secondary market here), and sees the lowest cost ticket to be $87, it is like a big stop sign to any local tire kicker thinking they might want to check out the Gophers.

It would be nice if There were $30 tickets available, at least high in the second deck to bring in people that want to check out the Gophers. Seats in my section are $115 and it goes up fast closer to the center of the field.

I don't think there are more than 2,000 tix left on the U site. Do you?

I don't think there are more than 2,000 tix left on the U site. Do you?

I didn't count the dots but one could take their pick of seating from over 50 sections in which to sit in and the nicer the seats, the more open they are to choose.

I didn't count the dots but one could take their pick of seating from over 50 sections in which to sit in and the nicer the seats, the more open they are to choose.

Okay. Someone else on here counted 2600 seats left a couple days ago. I guess we shall see

Really who the F cares how many are there...? Stupid idiotic thread.

Pretty sure Mark Coyle cares, or at least is supposed to, anyway.

Pretty sure the team cares. A rocking stadium full of loud fans would be an advantage.

Pretty sure you do, since you bothered to post here. Twice.

So, what was your question?

What is the purpose, or point, of this thread every week?

You have an excellent point. I read a lot of other boards. I have never seen any other team’s Forum obsess over this like Gopherhole does. I’ve often wondered why Minnesota fans are unique that way.

Top Bottom