All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Jones is very shifty. Great vision. I wouldn't call him a power back, though.

Jones is very shifty. Great vision. I wouldn't call him a power back, though.

I'm by no means an expert on Jeff Jones, but FWIW, ESPN called him a power back, as did his teammate from this week's All-American practices. Now I know it's not like Jones is a Clay/Roderick Williams type of back, but I'll take their word for it! (Being that he is power oriented)

per Shama:

Washburn running back Jeff Jones has received a scholarship offer this week from the University of Florida. Jones, a four-star recruit who has a soft verbal commitment to the Gophers, has been practicing in the Orlando area for the Under Armour All-America Game, a national prep all-star game to be played tomorrow on ESPN.

“Jeff Jones was offered by Florida as a result of all his hard work down here the last couple days,” Washburn coach Giovan Jenkins told Sports Headliners. “I guess he’s just been tearing it up from what I heard.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Jones is looking pretty good in the Under Armor game so far. Looks really quick and finishes runs strong.

Awesome catch and YAC by Jones. Wow. Looks way better than Fournette

I hope he stays too. I've seen him play in person a half dozen times and it's very hard to estimate his talent when he plays against the core Mpls/St. Paul teams (since they are not very rich in the talent department). If he decides to go elsewhere, I am confident the coaching staff will find someone who has proven themselves against a higher level of talent.

Jones is looking like a beast of a guy to bring down. Put the clamps on him Kill. The more and more I see of Jones, the more excited I get. Really great hands too!

espn blog: "I had a feeling in the beginning of the week that RB Jeff Jones would impress and he has."

Just turned the game on, hope Jones gets some more action in the 2nd half. Really excited to see him play.

All of the buzz around Jones is making me even more nervous. Florida has already offered, have to imagine more elite programs will go after him. I'd be pretty surprised if he signs with us. If he does, it will be one of the best days in my 10 years of Gopher fandom.

I don't see how he doesn't go to Florida though. They have no RB for this class.

Man, this is gonna be a long month. Which former Florida All-American do you think he will "accidentally" run into while on his visit?

I don't see how he doesn't go to Florida though. They have no RB for this class.

wait until fournette commits first and see where the pressure comes from if teams don't get him

wait until fournette commits first and see where the pressure comes from if teams don't get him

Bama is set at RB for 2 years. LSU and Texas have commits at RBs but you could be right

Jones is really showing up in this game compared to the other RB's.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but Jones shook hands with Florida commit Gerald wills III on the field :cry:

Sorry to be a pessimist, but Jones shook hands with Florida commit Gerald wills III on the field :cry:

What do you have against Gerald Wills III?

I'm surprised they didn't have a gamecast for this game. I've been trying to find a box score, but no luck so far.

If he signs with us I'll be about as happy as I was watching the Packers win their last two super bowls, no joke.

jones with a pretty easy TD reception there.

not so easy... he started looking over his right shoulder... then headed upfield and looked over his left shoulder ( for those who didn't see it, this was in the right flat ).

many guys wouldn't be able to change shoulders that easily..

was also a nice toss from the QB.. got to enter his mind if our QBs next year could make that throw.

jones needs to get on the next plane home.. now.

Top Bottom