Pitino on Michigan game: "Hopefully, it's a sellout and crazy environment."

IU completely shut down Edwards. 9 points, 4-24 from the floor including 0-10 on 3s. If Pitino can get him locked down like that, Gophers have a great shot to win in the rematch.

Of course, didn't help that Romeo Langford was throwing up at halftime.

IU completely shut down Edwards. 9 points, 4-24 from the floor including 0-10 on 3s. If Pitino can get him locked down like that, Gophers have a great shot to win in the rematch.

Gophers will beat Purdue. Boilers ain't beating us twice. Put that one in the bank. The two hunchback white guys won't play out of their minds like they did the first time.

Gophers will beat Purdue. Boilers ain't beating us twice. Put that one in the bank. The two hunchback white guys won't play out of their minds like they did the first time.

You are a confident man. I am of little faith. Kind of ironic, isn't it? But I was nervous about Indiana, too, and I was on the wrong side of that fence. I need more of what you have.

I don't know. Him throwing up at halftime is a sign of life, which is more than he showed @ The Barn

Dude, you called the heck out of the IU win.

Can't bet against you now. Until you get one wrong .... :cool:

What say you for the Michigan game???

I'm feelin' Michigan tomorrow night. ... hope I'm wrong.

It's hard not to feel that. We have experienced so few key wins like this over the past 20 years that it is hard to shake that feeling. I hope the guys watched Indiana play Purdue last night. Indiana didn't pull it out, but they gave the kind of effort it will require for the Gophers to put out tomorrow to beat Michigan. If we play with that level of intensity, the game will be on the line in the final minutes. Then we'll have to see how the ball bounce and who makes the winning plays.

It's hard not to feel that. We have experienced so few key wins like this over the past 20 years that it is hard to shake that feeling. I hope the guys watched Indiana play Purdue last night. Indiana didn't pull it out, but they gave the kind of effort it will require for the Gophers to put out tomorrow to beat Michigan. If we play with that level of intensity, the game will be on the line in the final minutes. Then we'll have to see how the ball bounce and who makes the winning plays.

Ive seen us D up well this year. So no reason why they cant bring it every night.

We're due for a nice surprise victory in a meaningful game. I can't remember one since the New Year's Day win at Mackey two years ago and can't remember a recent one prior to that. It's time.

Gophers need Dupree to step up and play to his capabilities tomorrow night. Need a shooter in the worst way

Gophers need Dupree to step up and play to his capabilities tomorrow night. Need a shooter in the worst way

Agreed. When Dupree is on we win. Makes the other team guard another guy. Hopefully the IU game gave him some confidence. Michigan is not an overly physical team which might work to Dupree's advantage.

Daniel has to stay out of foul trouble as well (along with Murph of course).

They want sellouts, they have to lower the prices. I can buy a ticket to a Michigan State game for 17 bucks. :rolleyes:

Gophers need to play like their lives depend on it, and they'll win. Michigan is a very good team but should be beaten on our home court by this Gopher squad. Fans need to pick the team up for the full 40 for once.

Hahaha. Hunchback white guys.. hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gophers are +5

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think it was 2016-17. DJ Wilson hit a buzzer beater to send it to overtime, but the Gophs still pulled it out. But yes we seem to struggle against Michigan in general. Even their bad teams seem to beat us. I think we’ve only beaten them like 2 times in the last decade or so.

Michigan typically has real athletic teams that are hard to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's hope there is fair & equitable reffing from the officials tonight!

Official attendance was 11,084. Looks like the fans responded to Pitino about as well as the players.

Official attendance was 11,084. Looks like the fans responded to Pitino about as well as the players.

6 pm game - the roads were jammed and people are sick of battling traffic after a couple weeks of snow. You'd have trouble getting 11,000 under similar conditions anywhere else. The fans were ready to do all they could but got zero help from the team.

6 pm game - the roads were jammed and people are sick of battling traffic after a couple weeks of snow. You'd have trouble getting 11,000 under similar conditions anywhere else. The fans were ready to do all they could but got zero help from the team.

And that’s tickets sold. Looked like plenty of no-shows, might have been four figure actual attendance.

Yep. When the team showed signs of life the crowd was right there.

How often has it been packed ? I have been to 5 games this year and there are tons of empty seats. I go to a lot of arenas that are sold out and SRO, filled.

When they consistently play like dogs and give crap effort(sans Murphy), then they don’t deserve a big crowd. Play hard, bust your balls on defense make a few big shots. If not people are not going to pay overinflated prices to watch a team go through the motions

This town is not interested in Pitino or the way his teams play. You think he gets a hard time here on Gopherhole? Try the sports fans in this town in general. Most I know don't care about Gopher basketball much these days. And these are not people that don't follow sports. Pitino's teams have not shown to be either the wide open fun teams to watch or gritty defensive teams that you can't help but get behind.

Top Bottom