***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thank God they didn't need that banked 3. After Wednesday night that would have figured.

Lol. You're welcome. I mainly do it for you and WriterGopher.

You literally do it every game. It annoys anyone who’s on the thread. Then you explain it away as a reverse jinx like you helped out or something.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did IW play the second half? If he did it was barely. That I don't get. He played great the 1st half. We needed him in there the last 5 minutes.

You literally do it every game. It annoys anyone who’s on the thread. Then you explain it away as a reverse jinx like you helped out or something.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it maybe 5 times this year. It's one post out of 16 pages. If it bothers you that much move on to one of the other 160 posts.

I've done it maybe 5 times this year. It's one post out of 16 pages. If it bothers you that much move on to one of the other 160 posts.

You did it 3 times in this thread alone!

Ufda. Good game. Lucky that Iowa didn't figure out how to play defense until the 2nd half. Some impressive fast break offense by the Gophies today! Congrats to Murphy on continuing his rebound dominance.

Last edited:

Curry's best game of the season and Gabe's best in a while. IW was great too.

Really fantastic win. Hands down. Iowa's defense tightened up at the end and we definitely choked on some free throws after a really good start to the game shooting them. Any knowledgeable fan knew that the Hawkeyes would make a run and not go down without a fight. Another quality W! Up to sixth in the conference on our own. Let's take care of Illinois on Wednesday!

Dupree needs to work on making nice crisp passes and not that high lob pass nonsense he does. Other than good game by everyone, even on the defensive end I thought we played well, Iowa just made some really tough shots.

Huge contribution by Stockman today should not be overlooked. Contributed a few points, board, and some solid post defense with his length.
Big win. Now we cannot fall down against Illinois on Wednesday.

Did IW play the second half? If he did it was barely. That I don't get. He played great the 1st half. We needed him in there the last 5 minutes.

He hit some jumpers which was nice to see, he did not play great. He had 2 terrible turnovers. I’m fine with Pitino shortening the bench to those he trusts. IW is too short to throw over the trap and dribbled into it a couple times in the first half.

Fun and important win. It doesn’t get close if we make free throws.

I agree with others, I don’t get how Fran doesn’t get at least one T. I get that refs will let them vent but he went too far multiple times. I think he was even trying to get T’d up at one point.

Huge contribution by Stockman today should not be overlooked. Contributed a few points, board, and some solid post defense with his length.

He probably should have played a little more.

He hit some jumpers which was nice to see, he did not play great. He had 2 terrible turnovers. I’m fine with Pitino shortening the bench to those he trusts. IW is too short to throw over the trap and dribbled into it a couple times in the first half.

Maybe. Iowa's come back 2 years ago came when Mason was on the bench and McBreyer and Coffey had a turnover-fest against the trap and the same thing happened today. I'd have tried anything else.

Kudos to the crowd today. The Barn rocked like it used to for once.

Maybe. Iowa's come back 2 years ago came when Mason was on the bench and McBreyer and Coffey had a turnover-fest and the same thing happened today. I'd have tried anything else.

I would agree. Coffey and McBrayer are just not good ball handlers against the zone. McBrayer made up for earlier problems with his defense at the end but poor half court offense contributed to Iowa's comeback. Of course, a stretch of missed free throws helped too.

Maybe. Iowa's come back 2 years ago came when Mason was on the bench and McBreyer and Coffey had a turnover-fest against the trap and the same thing happened today. I'd have tried anything else.

Iowa also got away with few reach ins

Just want to point out there’s a difference between a team making a run and us crapping our pants with sloppy TOs, poor offensive movement and a slew of missed free throws.

Otherwise I was very happy with our offense today. Lots of great passing that led to open looks. We HAVE to feed the ball inside. Our bigs are pretty good passers and it helps create drive lanes for the guards. Gabe is gonna end up one of my all-time favorite gophers. Man has ice in his veins.

Top Bottom