Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's still interest in Stanford than I wonder if Reid Travis won't wait to see if Johnny Dawkins survives this season? The story I read said the school said make the tournament or else.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reid Travis was a visitor to <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> practice on Saturday. He's definitely doing his homework on Pitino, etc. Interest is genuine.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/385227037020917760">October 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Would be amazing if we could get both Martin and Reid. Even if it would hurt our chances with Ellenson and/or Illikainen.

Can we please remove the "Duke Has Offered" from the title. It gets more and more depressing each time I see it.

Would be amazing if we could get both Martin and Reid. Even if it would hurt our chances with Ellenson and/or Illikainen.

Agreed. I would feel fine if we got Martin and Reid and it hurt our chances on Ellenson and/or Illikainen. Reid and Martin to me are 4 year players, there would be another good PF for the gophers to go after in 4 years..

Reid has been visiting more than has been reported.

I think you could play Illikainen with either Travis or Martin and not be hurting on the inside, he's a few inches taller than Travis, I think he is going to be pretty versatile in college, I would think it will help our chances with Illikainen.

Can we please remove the "Duke Has Offered" from the title. It gets more and more depressing each time I see it.

its fine, saying we have no chance at reid just because Dook offered is such a knee-jerk reaction

We need to land Reid what a great get that would be! Reid and Marin will play side by side and should not hurt our chances with alex or henry

Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247)
10/2/13, 8:37 PM
I'll say that w every passing day I like #Gonzaga 's chances more w Reid Travis. @HenneZAG

Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247)
10/2/13, 8:37 PM
I'll say that w every passing day I like #Gonzaga 's chances more w Reid Travis. @HenneZAG

And I would say Jerry Meyer knows zilch about the local recruits, and particularly Travis. This guess doesn't even make any sense.

Frankly, with each passing day I think the one school whose chances are helped most is Minnesota.

I'm still worried about Duke. I'd like our chances more if Kevin Looney commits to Duke, but sounds like his decision isn't coming until October 31st. Not sure what timetable that Travis is on.

I might be wrong, but I think Jerry Meyer was saying he likes Gonzaga's chances more than Stanford's. Not more than Duke's.

Michael Humphrey (top 100 PF) will likely be deciding in about 2-3 weeks and there is a good chance he picks Stanford. Doesn't hurt our chances with Reid if he decides not to go to Duke. If Looney goes to Duke and Humphrey goes to Stanford I will like our chances a lot more.

I'm starting to wonder why we haven't heard of anymore visits that Reid will be taking. I thought for sure he'd be going to Stanford soon. His recruitment has been quiet since the Duke visit. Not really sure if that's good or bad.

I'm starting to wonder why we haven't heard of anymore visits that Reid will be taking. I thought for sure he'd be going to Stanford soon. His recruitment has been quiet since the Duke visit. Not really sure if that's good or bad.

We know he's been on the U's campus since the Duke visit, which is obviously good news.

per Amelia:

What does Josh Martin’s commitment mean in regards to Reid Travis #Gophers

@skierguy06

Not much. The Gophers would certainly sign both, and Travis is more of a traditional power forward, while Martin could play the wing if they needed him too. That said, I don’t think Travis to Minnesota is looking very likely at this stage.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/226500581.html

Go Gophers!!

No offense, but your opinion on where Reid will go and how/when he will decide means nothing to us.
-----------------
Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
Minnesota is VERY much in the picture.

Duke is on this list but it's doubtful that Reid will go there, and that has zero to do with other kids being recruited and everything to do with "fit".

As I said in my OP in this thread ..... "Reid Travis and his family will make an informed decision when the timing is right for them.”
-----
Take my comments for what they're worth ..... certainly not the Gospel but definitely an "informed" opinion .... Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota.

That's fine that my opinion on where Reid will go means nothing to you .... but the fact of the matter is what I posted a month ago is still true today..... "Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota". He certainly isn't going to Michigan State (which wasn't really an option).

That's fine that my opinion on where Reid will go means nothing to you .... but the fact of the matter is what I posted a month ago is still true today..... "Reid will either go to a private school not named Duke or he'll go to Minnesota". He certainly isn't going to Michigan State (which wasn't really an option).

The word you're looking for is speculation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Spoke to Reid Travis out here in Colorado Springs. Duke fans should feel confident. Interview will be up on DevilsIllustrated next week.</p>— Clint Jackson (@clintjackson1) <a href="https://twitter.com/clintjackson1/statuses/386865661344878592">October 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

Ugh, hope this isn't true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Spoke to Reid Travis out here in Colorado Springs. Duke fans should feel confident. Interview will be up on DevilsIllustrated next week.</p>— Clint Jackson (@clintjackson1) <a href="https://twitter.com/clintjackson1/statuses/386865661344878592">October 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

Ugh, hope this isn't true.

Don't think he's about to commit or anything if that's what you're thinking. He just set up two visits, one of which is to the Gophers. He probably just asked him questions about Duke and Reid gave really positive answers like he would have about any school. I'm convinced Reid is much less of a lock to Duke than he appeared to be right after the offer. Not saying he won't go there, but it doesn't seem like a sure thing to me anymore.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2014 F Reid Travis confirms to <a href="https://twitter.com/SNYtv">@SNYTV</a> he's down to Duke, Minny, Gonzaga & Stanford. Visits Stanford Oct. 18 & Minny Oct. 25</p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/386956489212325888">October 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

I think the Gophers are definitely a player for Reid provided he doesn't commit to Stanford after his visit there and takes his official to Minnesota. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way it is now is Reid has scheduled Minnesota for his last official visit, right? Being either the first or the last official visit before a decision is most likely to result in a commitment.

I think the Gophers are definitely a player for Reid provided he doesn't commit to Stanford after his visit there and takes his official to Minnesota. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way it is now is Reid has scheduled Minnesota for his last official visit, right? Being either the first or the last official visit before a decision is most likely to result in a commitment.

I do like being the last visit as long as he ends up taking it. He said he'll likely decide early November which is good since Looney should commit on the 31st. If Looney commits to Duke and Humphrey commits to Stanford I will like our chances a lot more.

If Jahlil Okafor goes to Duke, would that help us, or would Duke take both him and Reid Travis?

If Jahlil Okafor goes to Duke, would that help us, or would Duke take both him and Reid Travis?

They're different positions and Duke has plenty of scholarships, so they would still take him. It's possible Reid wouldn't really want to play with him though.

Coach K did say he would take Looney, Okafor and Travis, but I can't imagine Reid wanting to share minutes for four years when he could be the man at the 4 spot at Minny or Stanford.

Coach K did say he would take Looney, Okafor and Travis, but I can't imagine Reid wanting to share minutes for four years when he could be the man at the 4 spot at Minny or Stanford.

Plus he'd be the preeminent star for us. That would not be the case if Okafor and Looney went to Duke as well, or even if they didn't go to Duke. Duke will always be about the guards. Reid would just be another rebounder in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom