Championship game

- First team to go 15-0
- They won 13 of 15 games (including final 10) by 20+
- The only two close games they played were on the road at final ranked #15 & 16
- They won their last 2 games against #2 & #5 by avg. of 27.5

Those are pretty incredible stats.

I don't have any doubt that Alabama could have beat them. They did win time of possession and yards. Had the turnover battle gone the other way, Alabama could have cruised as well. That said, I was happy it went the way it did.

There's been a fair amount of grumbling that Fleck will sometimes throw players under the bus. I've watched most of Fleck's press conferences and I'll say he's very careful not to do that. Well, for contrast, here's Nick Saban:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mson-tide-takes-blame-botched-fake-field-goal

We thought we had a really, really good fake, and somebody didn't block a guy they were supposed to block, and so it didn't work

Watching the video however, I count 3-4 other defensive players that would've made the stop before they could've gained 6 yards.

Sorry Saban, but that was just a bad call. But, it's nice to know that you throw your players under the bus for your and your coaches' failure.

There's been a fair amount of grumbling that Fleck will sometimes throw players under the bus. I've watched most of Fleck's press conferences and I'll say he's very careful not to do that. Well, for contrast, here's Nick Saban:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mson-tide-takes-blame-botched-fake-field-goal

Watching the video however, I count 3-4 other defensive players that would've made the stop before they could've gained 6 yards.

Sorry Saban, but that was just a bad call. But, it's nice to know that you throw your players under the bus for your and your coaches' failure.

That play call was atrocious. How is the Holder going to gain 6-yards behind the kicker as lead blocker against Clemson? I think if they run that 100 times it would <I>maybe</I> work once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling a fake in itself wasn't a horrible idea, but when you line up and see 7 Clemson players sitting there just waiting for the fake, then continuing on with that play was a horrible decision. 99/100 times that play is stuffed with Clemson's alignment.

After this, I'm waiting for a CFP championship game that doesn't have Alabama, Clemson or Georgia in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After this, I'm waiting for a CFP championship game that doesn't have Alabama, Clemson or Georgia in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That might be a while.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That play call was atrocious. How is the Holder going to gain 6-yards behind the kicker as lead blocker against Clemson? I think if they run that 100 times it would <I>maybe</I> work once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The holder didn't read his blocks very well. Once he got up he should have noticed that helmet of the DL to his left was already in pursuit down the LOS. He should have cut it back behind the blocks of 70 and 79. Then when he got to the LB in the hole he should have easily made a spin move back to the inside and walked to a first down as the other ILB would have been blocked by either the center or #70 and #33 could have picked up the OLB stepping in. :p
Kick the FG Nick and maybe try and play some D, instead of calling a fake that fails 100 out of 100 times in that situation with who was carrying it. I'd bet that had they had the offense in and ran that play with a FB and their best TB they only make it once or twice with that D alignment.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They did get rid of the coaches sitting around talking about the game for some reason and had the MNF guys doing it instead. Strange move but it's ESPN so it's to be expected.

They did get rid of the coaches sitting around talking about the game for some reason and had the MNF guys doing it instead. Strange move but it's ESPN so it's to be expected.

Good God. I tuned into MNF one time this year and couldn’t believe my ears. It’s fallen a long ways from the “the good old days”.

I did like the “Command Center” broadcast with the quintuple-screen camera angles, constant coach-cams, and the permanent major team stats and player stats at the bottom. I’d argue that is an ideal way to watch a game if your screen size is sufficient. The in-game stats of your typical game is pitiful and takes away from the experience, particularly when so many announcer crews have nothing interesting to say.

Top Bottom