What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Wisconsin game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Wisconsin game?

• Total voters
He and his kids won at Sconnie, dominated the game and won in every phase. Not sure what else you could ask for. I didn't like the touchdown at the end of the first half, but that's nitpicking. A+ effort having the kids ready.

If I were basing my grade on timeout usage I would give him an F.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

It's based on getting the Axe back so go ahead and F yourself. I'd say that's too far but it's really not.

Last edited:

What's REALLY fun is that Coach realized this is a REALLY BIG DEAL to the faithful...

You could tell...

This is a fantastic thing. Let's get them all in the Trophy Case...Pig, Jug, Axe, Broken Chair...and oh yes..the Bell!

He called it the sweetest win of his career I believe.
Maybe caught up in the emotion, but a big win to beat Wisconsin, and for the Bowl game which was going to be a point of criticism had he missed.

The sweetest A I have seen in a long time.
14afef2029a296ccf53793f90982e9bd.gif

That 9 minute and change drive was the most enjoyable drive for me of the Fleck era. We did that last season against Oregon State, but Oregon State sucked. This was legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Those extra practices should help with a young team.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That 9 minute and change drive was the most enjoyable drive for me of the Fleck era. We did that last season against Oregon State, but Oregon State sucked. This was legit.

+1

I missed the game because I was out with the girl. And damn it seems I missed a good one! I voted prefer not to say.

was the best coached game of PJ's stint here at the U. all phases did their jobs and handled the game to perfection. Time of possession, special teams, run defense, turn over margin, the only bad thing was a 9+ minute drive that resulted in a missed FG (9+ minutes folks that in itself is impressive against a preseason top 5 team)

I have been slow to give PJ credit as I wanted to see him win a game like this and well He did it and did it convincingly. there are still areas for improvement within the coaching ability but for this game the staff did everything elite. next year should be a year of improvement

A. Some of us have been tough on PJ because the team underperformed badly in the early Big Ten slate. Not any more. This was a dominant win vs (yes) a down but still good Wisconsin team, in Madison. Ending the streak gets an A+ and the team is riding a wave of momentum after beating up on Purdue, a frustrating but competitive loss to Northwestern, and a really impressive road win vs Wisconsin to earn a bowl.

Differences from prior weeks: he challenged a terrible spot, utilized Seth Green as appropriate, and he may have even had a few timeouts at crucial moments and the end of the game. The team survived the loss of our defensive MVP. Good offensive game plan. The new DC had the defense juiced in the second half. Progress across the board.

Great thread. But also the dumbest thread!

A all the way!!!!

We just beat WI on the road as 11-pt dogs. You get an A. You get an A. Everyone gets an A.

Basically a mistake free game.
Solid A

Did something that no other Gopher team has in 14 years. You can be annoyed by his hyper positivity all you want, but you can certainly not give him anything but an A

Gave him an A

-Would have liked to have more Greene at QB down the stretch when W beat the hell out of #2.

We blew out Wisconsin in Wisconsin.....anything other than an A for that is just crazy.

We won by 22 points after we gave up that garbage TD.

Not only a classy win, but we finally had a road uniform with some gold in it -best road uni ever from PJ. Looked great on TV.

A

Fleck & Co, Hat's Off To Thee. Absolute complete game. Mo was a beast. DD provided the fuse and the D provided the dynamite.

Top Bottom