DL65's 8th Annual GopherHole Unscientific Survey

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to GopherHole’s Eighth Annual Unscientific Survey

This questionnaire is available on both the Basketball Forum and the Football Forum. Your participation determines the success of the Survey and provides invaluable insights and input for the GopherHole Staff’s consideration.

Please save your comments about the survey for another posting, as this thread can get quite large.

Be sure you list all degrees and the schools that you’ve attended and/or if you’re working toward a degree.

I’ll provide two summaries related to the questionnaire, shortly after the survey is closed.

Thanks in advance,
DL65

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan:
• Minnesota Native:
• Hometown:
• Current Address:
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s):
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year:
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE QUESTIONS
• What do you like about the GopherHole website?
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented?
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster?
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post?
• Do you participate in the social media?

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)?
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 25
• Minnesota Native: Yes
• Hometown: Saint Paul, MN
• Current Address: Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of MN BS and MS (Biomedical Engineering), Fordham Law,
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football tickets

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? The instant Gopher info
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? I honestly can't think of any.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? I don't have a twitter or a facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Nothing new here, burgers, hot dogs, chili, wings
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? MB3

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 23
• Minnesota Native: yes
• Hometown: St. Peter
• Current Address: Blaine
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Sports Studies at U of M Twin Cities, Working on Masters at Hamline
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Free, Free, Free
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? None
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bleed
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football exclusively
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, FB and Twitter.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)?
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Bobby Jackson
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Really don't have one. Quince Lewis.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 25, my room growing up was maroon & gold
• Hometown: Minneapolis
• Current Address: 849 W Cornelia Ave #1S Chicago, IL 60657
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of M TC!!! now at Illinois Institute of Technology for Graduate School
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Usually one Football, always one HOCKEY GAME
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Student ticket holder all four years, no longer unfortunately

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Forums, discussion on here is top notch, addicted to the recruiting links and updates
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? wish those ads wouldn't auto play
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? GophersinIowa
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? football and hockey, sometimes check out the dumpster fire over in the BB forum.
• Do you participate in the social media? yes, @T_docious

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Breakfast burritos with beer.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Bjugstad is a monster, agile and big. Will definitely be a force in the NHL.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tyrone Carter without a doubt. Loved the way he hit people, especially joey harrington in that bowl game. He has and will continue to be my all time favorite gopher to ever wear the maroon and gold.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 10
• Hometown: Blooming Prairie MN
• Current Address: Rochester, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Ag Studies Degree w/ Farm Managment Minor. University of Wisconsin River Falls

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Instant Gopher's sports news reaction and speculation.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bleedgopher
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football 95% of time. Will check all others just to see if I missed anything.
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes Facebook and Twitter.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Hot dogs, Salsa and chips.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Marquis Grey
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Eric Decker.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 42
• Minnesota Native: No (southern California)
• Hometown: Coon Rapids
• Current Address: Eagan
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): undergrad & graduate degrees: Carlson School of Management, '83 and '98
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Not any more

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? comments on recent games
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? voting to put obnoxious posters in a "penalty box" or a "time out"
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Art Vandelay
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? Facebook, Linkedin

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? pizza
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Dave Winfield
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? male - Tony Dungy, female - Rocky Racette

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 30+
• Hometown: Crosslake, MN
• Current Address: Las Vegas, NV
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Civil Engineering, NDSU
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Not always

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Information, discussion
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Too many to list, although Unregistered User is my favorite in terms of wit!
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball, OT
• Do you participate in the social media? Rarely

FUN QUESTIONS
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Sam Jacobson
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? L. Maroney

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 40
• Hometown: Richfield
• Current Address:Burnsville
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Augusburg, communications and political science
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: basketball (20 years), football (six years)

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Just about the only place I can find other Gopher fans
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Stop this craze to combine all similar topics into one thread that lasts for a year and grows to 80 pages. I read less info here now because of it.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? There are about a dozen I really respect.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and basketball. Used to enjoy the off-topic board, but turned into the politics board.
• Do you participate in the social media? Love Twitter.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Nothing unusual.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? No one favorite -- Bobby Jackson, Trent Tucker, Daryl Mitchell, Ray Williams, Marion Barber II and III, Rickey Foggie.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 17
• Minnesota Native: No
• Hometown: Elm Grove, WI
• Current Address: WaukeshaWI
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): University of MN BA in Econ and a BA in Spanish, MBA-Finance, Marquette University
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, home and away

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Timely information and Gopher fan interaction
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? On a mobile device it can be very easy to click the user name under the topic instead of the topic. Plus, I receive the request to download the App every time I am on my phone.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? I enjoy many of the senior members posts
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Extensive bloody mary bar with fixing including the key addition bacon, which is nature's candy. Smoked ribs, pork and brisked with smoked jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon as well.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Bobby Jackson
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? No clear favorites, but I was at the hockey game in Madison when Kessel scored and skated around the rink with his hand to his ear to hear th booing. That was one of my favorite Gopher experiences.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 13
• Hometown: Saint Peter
• Current Address: Duluth
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Biology at Gustavus Currently in grad school at UM Duluth
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Father shares football season tickets and I hope to take those over in the coming years

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? It keeps me updated
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Make attachments viewable for non-users (jpegs in particular)
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bleed, Dpo, Don, Pigman
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football is most common. Occasionally basketball, but too much whining on that board for me to read as often.
• Do you participate in the social media? Facebook, Twitter

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I mix it up.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Vince Grier or Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? #1 favorite to Barber III, then Rhys Lloyd and Aaron Robinson

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 35
• Current Address: Golden Valley, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Chemistry, Carleton College
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Consolidated place to find Gopher sports information.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? GopherLady
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball, Hockey regularly
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, Facebook & Twitter

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Thai Peanut Wings (they're sorta golden...)
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tony Dungy
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Kevin McHale

DEMOGRAPHICS
•# of years as a Gopher fan: 57
•Minnesota Native: Yes
•Hometown: Detroit Lakes
•Current Address: Knoxville, Iowa
•Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA degree Moorhead State College
•Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football.
•Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

•What do you like about the GopherHole website? Timely information via BleedGopher's media links; the site's diverse personalities; Chris Monter's and GopherLady's interviews; and the humor that often appears in the threads.
•What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? If possible, I'd like the comments that don't relate to the initial topic moved to a new thread. I'd also like to see more Where Are They Now features.
•(Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? BleedGopher. His daily media links are always timely, informative, and interesting. His work on National Signing Day was truly noteworthy. I also enjoy GopherLady's presser reports, interviews, and her well timed and placed humor in the threads.
•What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? I visit the Football Forum daily. I occasionally visit the Basketball, Hockey, and Off-Topic Forums, but I rarely post on the three forums. I post at least once a week on the Football Forum (Sports Huddle Summary).
•Do you participate in the social media? Yes - Facebook and Linkedin. I appreciate the GopherHole notices and updates on Facebook.

FUN QUESTIONS
•(GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Thick cut pork chops that are grilled with indirect heat; thick beef stew that's prepared in a Dutch oven.
•Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Dave Winfield. Saw Winfield play on the hardwood of Williams Arena and at Siebert Field. Would like to have seen him as a Gopher wide receiver - size, speed and good hands. I believe he would have been an impact player on the gridiron.
•(Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Football: Bobby Bell Basketball: Jim Brewer.

Go Gophers!!

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 45
• Hometown: Born in Willmar, lived in Dassel, South St. Paul, Woodbury as child.
• Current Address: East Bethel
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Education Augsburg College
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, No
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, No

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Rapid information, humorous banter.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Better picture attachment feature.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Dr. Don
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football nearly every day, others hardly ever.
• Do you participate in the social media? Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Eggs in a bag (Omelet cooked in a ziplock). Chili, burgers, brats.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Laurence Maroney, Rick Upchurch.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tyrone Carter, Marion Barber III very close second.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: Lifetime
• Hometown: SE Minnesota
• Current Address: Moorhead
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS/MA/MD
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Try

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Informative discussions until the insulting sets in.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Too many to list
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? FB, BB, OT
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, I have a cell phone with texting, a touch tone land line, a neighbor lady who gossips a lot.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Anything but dog food and warm beer.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Sandy Stephens.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Mychal Thompson.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: All my life
• Hometown: Fergus Falls
• Current Address: Porterville CA
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): MAT - Fuller Theological Seminary, BA Southern California College
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Active Discussion
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster?
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, BB

FUN QUESTIONS
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?[/QUOTE]

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 25
• Hometown: Waconia
• Current Address: Minnetonka
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS - Accounting St. Cloud State MBT - U of M
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football Y Basketball N

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? News and information
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? More acceptance of views that are different than the majority and to be able to enter chat on mobile app
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? 50 Pound Head, Dr. Don, and GopherLady
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football forum and Basketball forum
• Do you participate in the social media? Twitter and Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Pork Chops, Taco in a bag, and beer
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Willie Burton

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 24
• Minnesota Native: At Heart, Yes
• Hometown: Western Wisconsin
• Current Address: Bay Area, CA
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of MN Bachelor's degree
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Not now...as soon as I am closer

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? The knowledgeable posters with great takes, the instant info / news
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Shockwave never works right on here? Maybe just the machines I use but it's pretty buggy trying to open a bunch of windows at once
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? I really enjoy guys like Bob Loblaw and 50PoundHead, I know less about football (compared to bball) so I benefit a lot from the posters who consistently have good takes w/r/t football
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, follow mostly Gopher accounts on Twitter

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? The standards, beer, dogs, burgers, taco dip, etc
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tyrone Carter, Bobby Jackson
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Sam Jacobson

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 30
• Minnesota Native: No
• Hometown: Spencer, IA
• Current Address: Philadelphia Suburbs
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Econ & Mgmt from U of Mn
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: I wish

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Get to talk about my teams
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Don't really have one.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? FB & BB regularly, Hockey during season
• Do you participate in the social media? Not on the forum

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I make wings...awesome wings.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Neil Broten
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Willie Burton

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 28
• Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Normandale Community College AA, Metropolitan State University BA - Business Administration
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No, Hockey.

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Always available, not much down time
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? GET RID OF THE AUTOMATIC PLAYING VIDEO ADS! THEY ARE AWFUL
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? None
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Ribs
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Thomas Vanek
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Keith Ballard

DEMOGRAPHICS
• Hometown: Minnetonka
• Current Address: Edina
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Wisconsin, MBA Illinois
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, Football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Football discussion
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Ability to paste image without link.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL65
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? 7 National Champs Football Forum

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Tailgates - keep it simple brats & dogs
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Laurence Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Marion Barber III

• # of years as a Gopher fan: as long as I can remember
• Minnesota Native:Yes
• Hometown: Inver Grove Heights
• Current Address: London, England
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): MA Terrorism and Security(expected) King's College London, BA Criminal Justice and BS Law Enforcement from Metropolitan State.
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes football, maybe basketball
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Great way to follow recruiting trends, coaching, and making connections.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Don't know
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football multiple times throughout the day, basketball and hockey occasionally.
• Do you participate in the social media?Yes, Twitter (Jwild05) and Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Dragons breath chilli, and popcorn from Peterson Popcorn.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Probably Gray.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Wheeler/Vanek.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 29
• Hometown: Albert Lea
• Current Address: Woodbury
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of M BS Kinesiology, U of M Pharm.D
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes!

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Keeping plugged into the program (the ins and outs that mainstream media doesn't always cover), DL's summaries on Sunday!, Bleeds links (no way he's human)
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Deleting posts in otherwise good threads when pissing matches start.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bob_Loblaw. Provides good insight without being an a$$ like some can be.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball, Other sports
• Do you participate in the social media? FB. Have a twitter account but not sure why.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Captain Morgan!
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Eric Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 63
• Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
• Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Dartmouth College, BA, University of Michigan Law School, JD
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? DL65's summaries of sports huddle ands OT board
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? I like the volleyball thread you started on OT Forum - would like to see more posts for othe rGopher sports.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Sportsfan 24 and other Gopher parents. I don't always agree , but I respect their opinions.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball and OT
• Do you participate in the social media? Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rickey Foggie
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Darrell Thompson

DEMOGRAPHICS
• Minnesota Native: Y
• Hometown: St. Paul
• Current Address: Oakdale
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of MN BS Math (Actuarial Science)

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? recruiting & coach search(airport stakeout) threads
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Up to date Scholarship Grid(including walk-on players)
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? whoever went to the airport during the latest coaching search
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football & Basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? Twitter

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Breakfast Burritos(11:00 am games) or Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams??

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 36
• Hometown: Crystal, MN
• Current Address: Platte City, MO
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS & MS (Ag Economics) from University of Minnesota
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football. 2 games a year

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? News & information and insight into the program not found elsewhere
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Not sure, I like it the way it is.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? I think Killjoy would like me to say Killjoy, but I'm going with DL65, Dr. Don, Bleed Gopher, Gopher Lady, ok and Killjoy, and many others.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football forum almost exclusively. Basketball forum very occasionally.
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes - facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Sorry, I don't tailgate much so no ideas to share.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Marion Barber, Jr.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rickey Foggie

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 45
• Hometown: Houston
• Current Address: Windom, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA, Augsburg College; Broadcasting Degree, Brown Institute.
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No (job makes it tough for me to get to Cities.)

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Recruiting Info; passionate fans
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Find way to keep threads from getting hijacked by personal p***ing contests.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DPODOLL
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post?
Football and Basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? No

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Chocolate chip cookies.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Willie Burton
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Mychal Thompson

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 22
• Hometown: Hallock MN
• Current Address: Grand Forks ND then elsewhere once school is done in May
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Bachelor's at UND with medical school starting next fall at Duluth or the U
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? I enjoy the banter people get into as well as the access to all of the interviews with recruits and other articles. provides great updates for happenings in the Gopher world as well.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? none for now.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? myself? too hard to pick just one.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? football with regularity to read and post. the others every once in a while
• Do you participate in the social media? yes

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? saw most of these at Neb this year and they were really successful but chicken tortilla soup and thinly sliced steaks and sausages fresh grilled as the day went on were big hits.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Gray.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? not old enough to name some of the greats from early years, but my favorite player to see play in person would probably be Decker or else Maroney.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 20+
• Hometown: Shoreview
• Current Address: Sioux Falls, SD
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): SMSU (no degree) Master Plumber/Mechanical Contractor
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Football and Hockey

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? The up-to-minute info, links, and discussions
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Quicker bans on obvious trolls and a complete ban on any threads dedicated to NDSU.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Many of you but probably Ole and DPodoll.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football daily
• Do you participate in the social media? FB

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas). King Crab legs (first home game of the season), Deep fried turkey (once a season), Breakfast brats, Build your own kabobs, and Chili are some of our most common favorites.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Chris Darkins.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Maroney but Nate Schmidt (hockey) is flying up my list!

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 12
• Minnesota Native: Nope
• Hometown: Lincoln, NE
• Current Address: Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA, University of Minnesota
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Fan interaction, yet twitter has rapidly taken its place.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Is there a way to make people behave? Didn't think so.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Studwell55, BleedGopher
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? football and basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? yes

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I'm no cook.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Eric Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 43
• Hometown: Rochester, MN
• Current Address: Johnston, IA
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Bachelor's and Master's from Unviersity of Minnesota (1982 and 1984) - both in civil engineering
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: usally one of either
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no, no

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Player information, team updates, DL65' summary of Sid/Dave, community
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? quicker intervention on threads that descend into questions of whose d&*K is longer.....
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL65
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Both I visit once/day. I used to post a lot as A"nderson8284" I got sick of some of the posters here and the interminable arguments which flared up over and over
• Do you participate in the social media? no

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? jalpeno/bacon turnover thing
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rick Upchurch. Trent Tucker.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Daryl Mitchell

Top Bottom