Got My "Upgrade" Call

Iceland12

Reaction score
Well the upgrade process must be in full swing. Got my call yesterday. Calling back this morning to work things out.

The few of you who don't have me on your banned list (;) ) must have figured out that I'm a big time rube/die hard when it comes to the U and the Gophers. Had a very good experience going there and have had to many friends that work there to be anything but. It won't surprise you then when, even at my advanced age, I was downright giddy when we came home last night and there was the message.

It's going to be a great day!

Congrats buddy! Where would you guess you are in the pecking order? Upper quartile? Top half? I'm just trying to project how long I have to wait before I (don't) get my upgrade call.

Congrats buddy! Where would you guess you are in the pecking order? Upper quartile? Top half? I'm just trying to project how long I have to wait before I (don't) get my upgrade call.

Thanks. I think we were up in the 70-something spot on the Gopher Points ladder for the TCF seats.

We got our call also. There is only a rough association with the Gopher Points. The relative difficulty of your request is a much larger factor. We wanted to combine our disparate tickets into one location, but we would have to move three sections and further back. Decided to stay as is for now. Good luck to all!

We got our call also. There is only a rough association with the Gopher Points. The relative difficulty of your request is a much larger factor. We wanted to combine our disparate tickets into one location, but we would have to move three sections and further back. Decided to stay as is for now. Good luck to all!

Your correct as usual, though a very pleasant gentleman did tell me how much difference a same year donation of$100 to $200 would make. The seats right behind us were open. We were able to exchange our lower seats for them. Very happy about it.

The criteria the U sent me - money "rules"

Football Upgrade Request Fulfillment Process
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Every year the Gopher Ticket Office receives a large number of upgrade requests. The ability to fulfill seat and parking upgrade requests is dependent on a variety of factors including the renewal rate, the number requests and the desired locations of the requests. The renewal rate determines the number of seats that can be used to fulfill upgrade requests. For the 2010 season, over 93% of season ticket holders renewed their season tickets. Over 3,000 upgrade request forms were submitted and the most requested locations for the 2010 season were for chair-back seats in non-donation sections, aisle seats and seats on the visiting side of the stadium. Fulfilling requests in these locations are the most difficult as a result of infrequent turnover.
Requests to upgrade and/or add football season tickets will be fulfilled based on a customer’s Golden Gopher Fund Annual Giving Level and Gopher Point total. Customers that submit an upgrade request form will first be ranked by their Annual Giving Level. Within each Annual Giving Level, customers will then be ranked according to their Gopher Point total. Golden Gopher Fund Annual Giving Levels and the Gopher Points criteria are listed below. In addition, a scenario using example customers and the application of the fulfillment process can be found on the next page.
Annual Giving Levels are determined by donations made since November 1, 2010. Donations credited towards the Golden Gopher Fund are those contributed directly to Intercollegiate Athletic funds, which include:
 Preferred and Premium seat related contributions
 A donation to a sport specific scholarship fund
 A donation to a Capital Campaign Fund (such as TCF Bank Stadium Facility or Siebert Field Renovation)
 Endowment Gifts
 General gift to the Golden Gopher Fund
Membership fees for certain groups, such as sport booster clubs, the Alumni Association and the "M" Club do not count towards Golden Gopher Fund annual giving totals. For questions, please call 612-624-8080 or email [email protected]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Example Fulfillment of Upgrade and Purchase Requests

[/FONT][/FONT]<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=629><TBODY><TR><TD height=7 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
Below are five example customers that submitted a request to improve their seat location or to purchase seats for the 2010 football season. A snapshot of each customer is provided and contains information relevant to the request fulfillment process. In addition, each example customer has a Gopher Point total which was calculated using the current Gopher Point system. For the purpose of the example, all the customers paid in full for their 2010 season tickets.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Customer #1 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=7 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]

Customer #2
[/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2010 Season Ticket Holder [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Yes [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2010 Season Ticket Holder [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Yes [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Request Type [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Seat Upgrade [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Request Type [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Seat Upgrade [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving (Since Nov 1, 2009) [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$400 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving (Since Nov 1, 2009) [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$250 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving Level [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$100 - $499 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving Level [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$100 - $499 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Gopher Point Total [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]204 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Gopher Point Total [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2,692 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Customer #3 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=7 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Customer #4 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2010 Season Ticket Holder [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2010 Season Ticket Holder [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Request Type [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Request Type [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving (Since Nov 1, 2009) [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$0 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving (Since Nov 1, 2009) [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$1,200 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving Level [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]N/A [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving Level [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$1,000 - $2,499 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Gopher Point Total [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]1,656.50 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Gopher Point Total [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="25%">[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]1,170 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7 vAlign=top colSpan=4>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Customer #5 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]2010 Season Ticket Holder [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]No [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Request Type [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Purchase Seats [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving (Since Nov 1, 2009) [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$600 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Annual Giving Level [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$500 - $999 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Gopher Point Total [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD><TD height=6 vAlign=top width="50%" colSpan=2>[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]0 [/FONT][/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Based upon Annual Giving Levels and Gopher Point Totals, the example customers’ requests would be fulfilled in the following order:

1. Customer #4 – Highest Annual Giving Level
2. Customer #5 – Second Highest Annual Giving Level
3. Customer #2 – Third Highest Annual Giving Level/Has Higher Gopher Point Total Than Customer #1
4. Customer #1 – Third Highest Annual Giving Level
5. Customer #3 – No Annual Giving Level

Top Bottom