Gopher Softball 2020

tschida

I do hope they give him a chance to coach at the D-I level. Schools sometimes "upgrade" their staffs when they make the move.

if you believe talk around town, he has had a number of opportunities to coach at the D-I level in the past, but hasn't wanted to. will be interesting to see what happens.

Emma Burns is no longer on the roster. She is in the transfer portal.

Emma Burns is no longer on the roster. She is in the transfer portal.

This marks the 2nd straight year that the starting catcher is transferring.

I know the skill level of the players are different, but still...

She was converted to the catcher position and did a great job. Two catchers remain on the roster and another will sign next week. Best wishes to her.

The player committed to MN that should be signing on Wednesday is Sarah Kinch a catcher from CA.

The player committed to MN that should be signing on Wednesday is Sarah Kinch a catcher from CA.

Maybe Sarah Kinch is even better than either Lindaman or Burns? I have a feeling MN's coach knows what she's doing.

Seems like a rather curious decision, figured she enjoyed the school unless a certain someone is also transferring or Emma is just staying fairly local.

Seems like a rather curious decision, figured she enjoyed the school unless a certain someone is also transferring or Emma is just staying fairly local.

Who would that certain someone be? :confused:

Josey White and Olivia Peterson. Of course, there's always a chance another player could be converted to the position.

6 new commits but no pitchers, Sarah Houlihan committed to St Thomas

Another commit, P/CF Ansleigh Hollifield from GA. Flip from Kennesaw State, looks like she hits pretty well, would be nice to have a non-flex pitcher occasionally.

Another commit, P/CF Ansleigh Hollifield from GA. Flip from Kennesaw State, looks like she hits pretty well, would be nice to have a non-flex pitcher occasionally.
Is she arriving for the 2020 season? Or 2021?

1) Great schedule. They'll have plenty of opportunity for top 25 wins.
2) The Gophs actually play Michigan this year!
3) I plan on spending time not far from Waco in Feb so hoping to be at the Baylor tourney!

I bet family members of the team are booking Hawaii trips right now. Awesome opportunity.

I bet family members of the team are booking Hawaii trips right now. Awesome opportunity.

Edit add: I just took a closer look at the conference slate. Whew! Someone must have made the conference scheduler mad. At Ohio State. At Michigan. At Indiana. At Northwestern.

I just missed out. We will be leaving Hawaii end of Feb. I will be in the LA area for the UCLA match. I will be checking that out.

Add one more signee for 2020 - Chloe Evans from Seymour, WI. She is a catcher. Sounds like a great get for the Gophers.

Add one more signee for 2020 - Chloe Evans from Seymour, WI. She is a catcher. Sounds like a great get for the Gophers.
To be specific, does that mean she'll be on the roster this spring season, beginning Febr. 2020?

Top Bottom