All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Got hurt in their last game before the full conference slate started. They did alright without him for a while but they're a much stronger team with him.

Much better. A lot of guys who were filling in are starting to be exposed a little more. And Winston isn't shooting 100% from 3s anymore.

No awful teams in the Big 10. Illinois has talent and showed that tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badgerbuilt has indicated there are some, perhaps 5-6, horriific(awful) teams in the conference.

Much better. A lot of guys who were filling in are starting to be exposed a little more. And Winston isn't shooting 100% from 3s anymore.

That's one of the things I love about college basketball. As the season wears on, and it gets to the dog days (late January to mid-February), even the top teams begin to get exposed. Every team has warts, and usually opposing coaches will find and expose those warts. Fascinating to watch MSU look like a well-oiled machine for so long (even without Langford), and now they've hit a stretch where they look like they've lost their way.

The Big Ten Tournament is going to be fun.

A few games into the conference schedule my 20 year old son wanted to bet me $20 that Illinois would win 7 big ten games. I gladly took the bet thinking I had the surest bet of all time. Now, I have to put up with my son's smirking and comments, which is worse than losing the 20 bucks, as Illinois gets closer to 7 wins. I didnt see this coming at all.

badgerbuilt has indicated there are some, perhaps 5-6, horriific(awful) teams in the conference.

My opinion. Just like in the ACC , I think BC, Wake, GT, Pitt and Notre Dame are bad teams. Being 4-8 or worse is awful. Some of these teams in the ACC, like Notre Dame were not bad earlier in the year,i think 3-0 against the Big 10. Teams like a ILLINOIS can improve to where they are not awful and in fact may become very good. There are people who have the opinion that a 1-10 Penn State is not a bad team. Fine, I THINK EVERY 1-10 team is terrible. Again, message board opinion.

My season ticket mates and I have been talking since last season that it was just a matter of time before Underwood got that thing going in the right direction, and here it is. They're going to be a handful from now on. I've always thought that you pretty much know what you've got in a coach by the second or third year.

My opinion. Just like in the ACC , I think BC, Wake, GT, Pitt and Notre Dame are bad teams. Being 4-8 or worse is awful. Some of these teams in the ACC, like Notre Dame were not bad earlier in the year,i think 3-0 against the Big 10. Teams like a ILLINOIS can improve to where they are not awful and in fact may become very good. There are people who have the opinion that a 1-10 Penn State is not a bad team. Fine, I THINK EVERY 1-10 team is terrible. Again, message board opinion.

Penn State isn’t 1-10

They are 8-14 including a win over a team that’s top 10 in the beloved net rankings. They themselves are 76th just a few spots behind some of the next 4 out type teams.

Penn State isn’t 1-10

They are 8-14 including a win over a team that’s top 10 in the beloved net rankings. They themselves are 76th just a few spots behind some of the next 4 out type teams.

1-10 in the conference, on any given day someone can beat someone else especially on their own court. Just like Boston College, a really bad ACC team destroyed us.

1-10 in the conference, on any given day someone can beat someone else especially on their own court. Just like Boston College, a really bad ACC team destroyed us.

You think Penn state is terrible?
If you really think penn State is terrible then either you are an idiot or you think about 250 teams in college basketball are terrible.
Or you’re admitting net ranking sucks

Last edited:

Penn State now 1-11. That is really terrible compared to the other power 6 teams or include the whole 350 plus if you like. Still terrible in my opinion but you resort to the always available personal attack .

Is Chambers going to get fired?

I have zero information but 39-97 and all those empty seats ! That would be like Pitino going 5-30 in the next 35. It is a great job. Do that poorly for that long and not get fired. I really like how hard Chambers guys play but that is a lot of losing. Has a nice freshman class.

PSU has never been a BBall school....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Like anywhere, they have to hire the right coach.
Yes and no. They would need to hire the right coaches.... in succession. It's more than a one coaching change.

Iowa is beating Indiana...at Indiana

Yes. I think this was his last chance. I'll be surprised if he's back. He and Miles are in trouble. Richard's seat is probably the 3rd hottest.

Wisconsin successfully slowing another game to a snails pace. 27-27 at the half at Michigan.

Two of the best defenses in the B1G. Did you expect any different?

No. Not one bit. Nor did I expect Pitino to be able to speed Wisconsin up in our game against him as a number of posters suggested that he should have.

Two of the best defenses in the B1G. Did you expect any different?

Two of the best in the nation. Both teams would move up 100 spots in pace of play if they would just turn it over 6 more times Per game ! Then another 100 places if they would just defend poorly and let the opponent get quick and easy shots.

Wisconsin looks so underwhelming with Happ out.

Davison does not get any borderline calls anymore, it's beautiful.

Figures that Brazdeikis would play like $hit against the Badgers AGAIN.

Indiana is not real good. Harder to watch than the Gophers. hahaha

Don't tell rickdornsby or builtbadgers. They've been defending Indiana with their lives.

Top Bottom