All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Here we go again: Wisconsin improving as the season goes along and figuring things out while the Gophers succumb to fatigue and fade.

This Duke-Virginia game is quite entertaining.

I love the way Virginia plays, so well coached.

This Duke-Virginia game is quite entertaining.

I love the way Virginia plays, so well coached.

Total of 14 combined assists in the game | UVA-8, Duke-6. Looked like a lot like the “hero ball” we’re supposed to hate around here.

Total of 14 combined assists in the game | UVA-8, Duke-6. Looked like a lot like the “hero ball” we’re supposed to hate around here.

Watching UVA-Duke looks nothing like what we see here. Pitinos Dad will tell you that.

Rutgers just beat Nebraska 76-67 in New Jersey.
Tough to win an away game in the B1G.

Nebraska meets the eye test for being an NCAA Tourney team but the close losses are potentially going to cost them in March.

Nebraska meets the eye test for being an NCAA Tourney team but the close losses are potentially going to cost them in March.

They do look like it but if they go 8-12 they have zero chance of getting in. Those Big 10 teams that are 6-10th better be .500 or better.

They do look like it but if they go 8-12 they have zero chance of getting in. Those Big 10 teams that are 6-10th better be .500 or better.

The battle for 10 or 11 wins this year in the Big10 will be great drama. The separation will start to show in the next couple of weeks. Good stuff. I hope we can keep ourselves relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgers just beat Nebraska 76-67 in New Jersey.
Tough to win an away game in the B1G.

At this point, there are many more Husker fans ready to get rid of Miles than Gopher fans ready to get rid of Pitino. They want him gone now.

At this point, there are many more Husker fans ready to get rid of Miles than Gopher fans ready to get rid of Pitino. They want him gone now.

Of course there are. They have way more people at their games and they are the only game in town this time of year, in fact the only game in the state besides Creighton whose success makes it even worse on Miles. If the Gophers were the only game in town Pitino would have already been fired. People here are indifferent as they are busy with all levels of hockey and you still have the Wolves and several other choices.

The battle for 10 or 11 wins this year in the Big10 will be great drama. The separation will start to show in the next couple of weeks. Good stuff. I hope we can keep ourselves relevant.

They really have to start playing like they belong, should be interesting.

Well said.

My unspoken goal (until now) is for the Gophers to pick up the 10th Big Ten win vs. Rutgers at the RAC, and that certainly will be no easy task. If Gophers can get their 10th win that night, then it just becomes a matter of winning 1 of final 3 to seal the deal (NCAA): @ Northwestern, Purdue, @ Maryland.

Of course there are. They have way more people at their games and they are the only game in town this time of year, in fact the only game in the state besides Creighton whose success makes it even worse on Miles. If the Gophers were the only game in town Pitino would have already been fired. People here are indifferent as they are busy with all levels of hockey and you still have the Wolves and several other choices.
Totally agree with you. I should have used percentage of fans as opposed to number to make my point.

Good news for those of us who cant get enuf Duke basketball. ESPN now has a power ranking up of their players, from Zion through their weakest bench player. Not sure I have seen such a thing before from a national news outlet. Guess shows the interest in Duke basketball and why they get any recruit they want. Still annoying. Hopefully there is a hot 16-seed team out there somewhere.

Watching Indiana-Northwestern and wondering whatever happened to Race Thompson. Severe concussion? Some other injury?

I wonder if he would be a transfer candidate.

Watching Indiana-Northwestern and wondering whatever happened to Race Thompson. Severe concussion? Some other injury?

I wonder if he would be a transfer candidate.

Has only played in one game for 4 minutes this season. Apparently concussion issues.

Northerwestern beats Indiana. 5 straight losses for IU.

The Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln appears to seat about 1000 more fans than Williams Arena. They do appear to not have empty seats at the top like MN does, but I am not sure that is "way more".

I am not sure why all the talk about Tim Miles. He has not done much at Nebraska, and his best team appears to be this one, but the other good one crapped it way in the NCAA. He certainly is not going to get a Big Ten job right away (as speculated on in the other thread) if Neb. fires him.

He will get a another HC job though, just not in the Big Ten. I would keep him if I were the AD at Nebraska, since he seems to have found some ways to get very good talent to go to the hinterlands.

The Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln appears to seat about 1000 more fans than Williams Arena. They do appear to not have empty seats at the top like MN does, but I am not sure that is "way more".

I am not sure why all the talk about Tim Miles. He has not done much at Nebraska, and his best team appears to be this one, but the other good one crapped it way in the NCAA. He certainly is not going to get a Big Ten job right away (as speculated on in the other thread) if Neb. fires him.

He will get a another HC job though, just not in the Big Ten. I would keep him if I were the AD at Nebraska, since he seems to have found some ways to get very good talent to go to the hinterlands.
Hinterlands? Ever been to Pullman, Washington?

Vandy up by two on Tennessee with 8 minutes to play. Will #1 fall again?

Vandy doing everything they can to throw this game away.

The F1 definitely changed the game, but Vandy had about 3 turnovers after that in a one minute span.

IL is staying with Wisconsin

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom