Plea to Bring Back Johnny Boy...

People are treating this bet like it's some kind of international treaty. This is a message board where grown adults argue with each other about a game, it's not serious.

Yeah. We should run this board like Trump runs the State Department.......................or maybe not.

A. Bet was with DPO - nothing to do with me.

B. Please stop this "JB was positive" BS. JB was positive about PJ, period. Started more pissing matches than me about other subjects - and that is saying a lot. Was more negative about previous staff than I am about PJ. That is saying a lot.

C. Good Riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, are you saying that if someone didn’t like a poster that started almost as many pissing matches on a variety of subjects, and didn’t like a poster that was constantly negative about the current coaching staff, and didn’t like a poster that was constantly preaching the virtues of the old coaching staff that they would want you to stop posting? Just asking since you said your behavior is similar to that of JB, who you bid good riddance.

This reminds me of nagging family quarrels. Just kiss and make up already.

So, are you saying that if someone didn’t like a poster that started almost as many pissing matches on a variety of subjects, and didn’t like a poster that was constantly negative about the current coaching staff, and didn’t like a poster that was constantly preaching the virtues of the old coaching staff that they would want you to stop posting? Just asking since you said your behavior is similar to that of JB, who you bid good riddance.

#1: Spoofin said that JB is like him in his comment on why JB is not some uber positive person. I'm sure Spoofin said "good riddance" to JB because of reasons other than him not being positive.

#2: Tons of people would bid Spoofin good riddance. I've seen numerous posters openly talk about putting him on ignore and even make jokes about wanting him to stop posting. Do you really think that if Spoofin was banned that a group of Fleckaphiles wouldn't openly say "good riddance"? Of course they would. So what?

Johnnyboy was a ray of sunshine this place desperately needed.

I know this isn't a democracy, but if it were up to me, I'd vote for Johnny to come back. But he's probably left this dark, soulless, pit of negativity for something better. (I'm exaggerating on the dark / soulless thing...)

Interesting...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lbS2KSRUVHo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd prefer to keep the drama until there is more football to talk about.

This actually has entertainment value.

Sometimes I think it is like kind of the Cold War being over. Now congress are at each others throat. No football excitement=GH choke fest.

Well, with any wager, it's important to see if the losing party holds up his end of the bargain, and JohnnyBoy is being a class act in doing so.

It's up the the bets winner to decide if Johnny can come back when the winner decides the punishment / reward has been enough or if he will hold to the full term of the bet.

I know with Johnny gone, I argue a lot less on here because the negativity beats down the positivity, so I'll wait until there are more concrete things to speculate about.

Well, with any wager, it's important to see if the losing party holds up his end of the bargain, and JohnnyBoy is being a class act in doing so.

It's up the the bets winner to decide if Johnny can come back when the winner decides the punishment / reward has been enough or if he will hold to the full term of the bet.

I know with Johnny gone, I argue a lot less on here because the negativity beats down the positivity, so I'll wait until there are more concrete things to speculate about.

There's almost zero negativity on this board, especially considering how bad of year we just had.

On the front page, I can't see a single thread that is mostly (or even close to mostly) negative. Heck, we have a thread where we aren't very negative about the fact that we don't have a QB next year. The glasses don't get more maroon and gold colored than they are in this forum.

#1: Spoofin said that JB is like him in his comment on why JB is not some uber positive person. I'm sure Spoofin said "good riddance" to JB because of reasons other than him not being positive.

#2: Tons of people would bid Spoofin good riddance. I've seen numerous posters openly talk about putting him on ignore and even make jokes about wanting him to stop posting. Do you really think that if Spoofin was banned that a group of Fleckaphiles wouldn't openly say "good riddance"? Of course they would. So what?

Can't read - on ignore

Can't read - on ignore

You wouldn't have been able to quote me if I was on ignore.

I don't know if it's weirder to put someone on ignore on a message board or to pretend like you're putting someone on ignore.

#2: <b>Tons of people would bid Spoofin good riddance. </b>I've seen numerous posters openly talk about putting him on ignore and even make jokes about wanting him to stop posting. Do you really think that if Spoofin was banned that a group of Fleckaphiles wouldn't openly say "good riddance"? Of course they would. So what?

Tons? That hurts.

What the hell are you talking about?

The Trump/State Department comment was an allusion to Trump getting rid of the Secretary of State - by Twitter. The US Secretary of State was fired - and he found out about it from a Tweet. How would you feel if your boss fired you by a Tweet? Would you think that was a professional way to handle things?

that is what I was alluding to.

The Trump/State Department comment was an allusion to Trump getting rid of the Secretary of State - by Twitter. The US Secretary of State was fired - and he found out about it from a Tweet. How would you feel if your boss fired you by a Tweet? Would you think that was a professional way to handle things?

Kids like it. [emoji12]Maybe they’d us Instagram or Snapchat, instead of twitter

Maybe the O.P. thought that Johnny Boy was forced into making the bet? He wasn't. Turns out that Johnny Boy was honorable. He lost and he's paying-up. Hope that didn't piss-off too many people around here.

It's just comparing the workings of government to a sports message board is so absurd.

The irony was that in pointing out the problems with JB he used himself as a point of reference, thus admitting that he has the same problems.
I assume the majority of us are diehard fans of the Gophers or we would not be wasting our time on GH. One does not have to be a “Fleckaphile” to get sick of constant negativity about our team. Not everyone is a fan of some of the tactics of our current coaches, but most of us have learned to get over it and move on.
Ski-U-Mah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The irony was that in pointing out the problems with JB he used himself as a point of reference, thus admitting that he has the same problems.
I assume the majority of us are diehard fans of the Gophers or we would not be wasting our time on GH. One does not have to be a “Fleckaphile” to get sick of constant negativity about our team. Not everyone is a fan of some of the tactics of our current coaches, but most of us have learned to get over it and move on.
Ski-U-Mah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One would have to be a Fleckophile to believe that there is constant negativity about our team.

He made a bet and now he has to stick to it. I'm a firm believer that when you make a bet, you pay up. I am pretty certain Dpo would have stuck to his end of the bet had he lost.
He'll be ok. Maybe his life is even better for it.

THIS +1

People are treating this bet like it's some kind of international treaty. This is a message board where grown adults argue with each other about a game, it's not serious.

If anyone is seriously offended I agree with you.

I think alot of it is tongue in cheek and not serious. I find this thread and ones like it hilarious. Good off season time waster.

Top Bottom