Taylor Grant Could Follow Family Footsteps to U

That would be great to see another Grant here. The more the merrier.

The dome was nice, but this is our place now, this is our Minnesota Gophers’ home, and this is our place to defend.

Sounds like he may have already made his decision.

Sounds like he may have already made his decision.

Anyone know if he's got an offer, or just a preferred walkon?
He's a good looking athlete, I coach against him in track(throws), he's a long armed guy, stronger than he looks, can easily add some weight. Obviously he'd be a quality local guy to add to the mix, I guess I haven't seen him play football since his So year when Ryan was QB in the prep bowl.

Ole, I believe he is just a Junior this year so neither an offer or a preferred walkon has been extended to the best of my knowledge but one of the two is probably realistic in the near future.

Ole, I believe he is just a Junior this year so neither an offer or a preferred walkon has been extended to the best of my knowledge but one of the two is probably realistic in the near future.

I'm pretty sure he's a senior this year. He's listed as a 2010 recruit on espn.

He's a senior. My son played football with him through the years, until my son decided that football was too much work, and chasing girls instead provided more instant gratification. He moved through the youth ranks in E.P. as a quarterback, but last year I'm pretty sure he moved to tight end.

Unless someone knows him personally I'm not sure it's an answerable question. Perhaps the person who conducted the interview could confirm. He doesn't even have a rivals page and the ESPN page doesn't say one way or the other.

He mentioned having interest from Iowa though, and I'm pretty sure their scholarships are allotted since they have a smaller # of schollies to work with this year.

I'd be fine with giving him an offer. I would prefer that to J.D. Pride anyway. I wish we had given one to A.J. Tarply, since Stanford though enough of him to offer. Oh well.

tarply has been at 2 gopher games this year as a recruit , maybe he will switch commitments? or he is just getting free tickets lol

Grant plays on offense(TE) and Defense(OLB). When we played them recently he killed us on D and was not much of a factor on O because EP did not have to throw as we could not stop their running game. He will be a very good player in college. He is faster than he looks and very tough. I would guess he could be a D end if he adds some weight.

Top Bottom