Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Goldy in hot water from USA Today

Attached is a link showing Goldy mocking a Penn State player in prayer on Saturday.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...er-in-prayer/1

I saw that and I thought it was hilarious.

Damn you Goldy! Now I know why God was on Penn State's side!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Because he and Paterno went to the same preschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaliq View Post

well played, sir

I thought it was hilarious, the overly sensitive type may not, which brings us to a whole different issue: why the hell did this player feel the need to do his whole religious prayer ordeal on the field in front of everyone in the stadium??? I'm guessing the locker room was a perfectly fine place to do such a thing??? Instead he is just another one of "those guys" who feels the need to be the overly religious dude in front of everyone. Is Goldy the problem, or are these athletes using religion as some form of attention to themselves the problem?? Good work Goldy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonnygarcia View Post
    I thought it was hilarious, the overly sensitive type may not, which brings us to a whole different issue: why the hell did this player feel the need to do his whole religious prayer ordeal on the field in front of everyone in the stadium??? I'm guessing the locker room was a perfectly fine place to do such a thing??? Instead he is just another one of "those guys" who feels the need to be the overly religious dude in front of everyone. Is Goldy the problem, or are these athletes using religion as some form of attention to themselves the problem?? Good work Goldy!!!
    Agreed 100%. Hayes is trying to draw attention to himself so a little good natured ribbing is absolutely fair game.

uh-oh. i sense a religious debate coming on.

i hardly think that taking a knee in the end zone is an attempt to bring attention to himself, i think he is actually just praying.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaliq View Post
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post

i hardly think that taking a knee in the end zone is an attempt to bring attention to himself, i think he is actually just praying.
    No, this has nothing to do about religion. I just stated that if he wants to bring it out on the field in front of everyone, then he is bringing it on himself, keep it in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post

I don't know if it is a religious debate, or a "how do you represent your school" debate.

I thought it was disrespectful. Goldy was certainly within his rights to do what he saw as humorous. The problem is he represents The University of Minnesota, so I think erring on the side of caution would have been the way to go. Ultimately I think it comes down to respect, which is something that is lacking in society today. I thought Goldy showed poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnygarcia View Post
    No, this has nothing to do about religion. I just stated that if he wants to bring it out on the field in front of everyone, then he is bringing it on himself, keep it in the locker room.
    no, what if one of his fellow teammates is offended by his prayer in the locker room. then will you tell him to keep it at home. there are a lot of people out there who do things that are MUCH more annoying for attention. i mean c'mon, do i need to mention the balloon boy.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

While I personally get a chuckle out of the picture, I have to think that if this were flip-flopped and an opposing mascot, say the Nittany Lion, was mocking a Gopher player in a moment of prayer in TCF Bank Stadium, there would be an uproar about how disrespectful that is, how it's a reflection of the program's culture, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by parkinglotgopher View Post
    While I personally get a chuckle out of the picture, I have to think that if this were flip-flopped and an opposing mascot, say the Nittany Lion, was mocking a Gopher player in a moment of prayer in TCF Bank Stadium, there would be an uproar about how disrespectful that is, how it's a reflection of the program's culture, etc.
    Absolutely, then I'd still be saying it was funny and I'd be accused of being an arbitrary contrarian again. :|

However I am standing by my assertion that Goldy owns.

Default yawn

No mocking, no controversy, nothing about nothing.