Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1

    Default Goldy in hot water from USA Today

    Attached is a link showing Goldy mocking a Penn State player in prayer on Saturday.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...er-in-prayer/1


  2. #2

    Default

    I saw that and I thought it was hilarious.

  3. #3

    Default

    Damn you Goldy! Now I know why God was on Penn State's side!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Damn you Goldy! Now I know why God was on Penn State's side!
    Because he and Paterno went to the same preschool.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaliq View Post
    Because he and Paterno went to the same preschool.

    well played, sir

  6. #6

    Default

    I thought it was hilarious, the overly sensitive type may not, which brings us to a whole different issue: why the hell did this player feel the need to do his whole religious prayer ordeal on the field in front of everyone in the stadium??? I'm guessing the locker room was a perfectly fine place to do such a thing??? Instead he is just another one of "those guys" who feels the need to be the overly religious dude in front of everyone. Is Goldy the problem, or are these athletes using religion as some form of attention to themselves the problem?? Good work Goldy!!!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygarcia View Post
    I thought it was hilarious, the overly sensitive type may not, which brings us to a whole different issue: why the hell did this player feel the need to do his whole religious prayer ordeal on the field in front of everyone in the stadium??? I'm guessing the locker room was a perfectly fine place to do such a thing??? Instead he is just another one of "those guys" who feels the need to be the overly religious dude in front of everyone. Is Goldy the problem, or are these athletes using religion as some form of attention to themselves the problem?? Good work Goldy!!!
    Agreed 100%. Hayes is trying to draw attention to himself so a little good natured ribbing is absolutely fair game.

  8. #8

    Default

    uh-oh. i sense a religious debate coming on.

    i hardly think that taking a knee in the end zone is an attempt to bring attention to himself, i think he is actually just praying.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    6,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Damn you Goldy! Now I know why God was on Penn State's side!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaliq View Post
    Because he and Paterno went to the same preschool.
    That's funny.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post
    uh-oh. i sense a religious debate coming on.

    i hardly think that taking a knee in the end zone is an attempt to bring attention to himself, i think he is actually just praying.
    No, this has nothing to do about religion. I just stated that if he wants to bring it out on the field in front of everyone, then he is bringing it on himself, keep it in the locker room.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maplewood, MN
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post
    uh-oh. i sense a religious debate coming on.

    i hardly think that taking a knee in the end zone is an attempt to bring attention to himself, i think he is actually just praying.
    I don't know if it is a religious debate, or a "how do you represent your school" debate.

    I thought it was disrespectful. Goldy was certainly within his rights to do what he saw as humorous. The problem is he represents The University of Minnesota, so I think erring on the side of caution would have been the way to go. Ultimately I think it comes down to respect, which is something that is lacking in society today. I thought Goldy showed poor taste.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygarcia View Post
    No, this has nothing to do about religion. I just stated that if he wants to bring it out on the field in front of everyone, then he is bringing it on himself, keep it in the locker room.
    no, what if one of his fellow teammates is offended by his prayer in the locker room. then will you tell him to keep it at home. there are a lot of people out there who do things that are MUCH more annoying for attention. i mean c'mon, do i need to mention the balloon boy.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    While I personally get a chuckle out of the picture, I have to think that if this were flip-flopped and an opposing mascot, say the Nittany Lion, was mocking a Gopher player in a moment of prayer in TCF Bank Stadium, there would be an uproar about how disrespectful that is, how it's a reflection of the program's culture, etc.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parkinglotgopher View Post
    While I personally get a chuckle out of the picture, I have to think that if this were flip-flopped and an opposing mascot, say the Nittany Lion, was mocking a Gopher player in a moment of prayer in TCF Bank Stadium, there would be an uproar about how disrespectful that is, how it's a reflection of the program's culture, etc.
    Absolutely, then I'd still be saying it was funny and I'd be accused of being an arbitrary contrarian again. :|

    However I am standing by my assertion that Goldy owns.

  15. #15

    Default yawn

    No mocking, no controversy, nothing about nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •