McNeal & Hill - A Package Deal

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
All of the sudden, Minnesota is back on the radar for 5 star WBB recruit Tayler Hill. Hill's boyfriend is Bryce McNeal.

Could it be a package deal?

I am afraid to ask... how do you know this? The scrutiny in the life of a superstar high school athlete is a lot tougher than I imagined.

I am afraid to ask... how do you know this? The scrutiny in the life of a superstar high school athlete is a lot tougher than I imagined.

This has been fairly widely reported for the past couple of years from multiple sources. Someone knowing it isn't necessarily a product of seeing it firsthand...I do not know Bryce or Tayler but for about 2 years now I have heard from people on various Gopher message boards discussing how they were dating and could be a potential package deal.

Tayler's recruitment update is in the StarTribune. The rest of it you just had to pay attention to McNeal's recruitment in the last year or so.

I had the impression that Tayler Hill had no interest in the Gopher program. I sure do hope she's changed her mind!

I loved WBB during the Whalen years. A number of the games were televised down here. I sure hope that McNeal's decision brings her to the Lady Gopher program. Other than that, I'll be silent.

Package Deals

I wouldn't really classify this as a "package deal" since both have scholarship offers on their own merit. Neither of them needs the other to get their scholly. Package deals are usually when a coach offers a friend or sibling (that really don't deserve it) of a prized recruit to sort of sweeten' the pot. I believe this is what happened with one of the Skyline boys.

I wouldn't really classify this as a "package deal" since both have scholarship offers on their own merit. Neither of them needs the other to get their scholly. Package deals are usually when a coach offers a friend or sibling (that really don't deserve it) of a prized recruit to sort of sweeten' the pot. I believe this is what happened with one of the Skyline boys.

Pretty funny that a pot sweetener in 2008 would have been ranked 11 of 22 in our 2006 class or 13 of 20 in 2005. Also just happens to have the same ranking coming in as Decker in 2005. My how things change.

Was the Skyline kid that really didn't deserve it one that played or one that didn't? Hint. There should be no doubt Stoudermire and McKnight are going to be big in Maroon and Gold. So was it Cooper or Reeves? Maybe, just maybe the coaches know more than the fans. It is obvious that all four deserve scholarships on their own individual merit. I would stop second guessing the Brew Crew on recruiting.

Was the Skyline kid that really didn't deserve it one that played or one that didn't? Hint. There should be no doubt Stoudermire and McKnight are going to be big in Maroon and Gold. So was it Cooper or Reeves? Maybe, just maybe the coaches know more than the fans. It is obvious that all four deserve scholarships on their own individual merit. I would stop second guessing the Brew Crew on recruiting.

Agreed.

It would be a shame if the girls basketball team had to settle for a 5 star athlete. That's a lot to ask from a program.

Neither of them will end up at the U. My hunch says they both end up in the state of North Carolina.

Top Bottom