Fritz Rock's Wyoming Offer is Official

GopherLady

Reaction score
About a week ago, Wyoming had contacted Fritz Rock about a home visit. It happened this evening, and indeed, he was extended an offer.

The new Wyoming Head Coach, Dave Christensen , is the former offensive coordinator at Missouri. He told the Rocks tonight that Fritz is the #1 WR on their recruiting board. He liked his abilities to make big plays, and was particularly impressed with his performance at the state championship game, where Wayzata was victorious. They called Fritz a "must get play maker."

Just thought I'd keep you posted in his recruitment, I would also expect more offers to come, as he has been contacted by other schools as well.

Thanks for the update GopherLady, but do you have an idea if Rock is interested in Wyoming? He's got offers from Cincy and a couple other low-BCS schools (Indy, Wash St), so why would he want to go to Wyoming?

And in your previous update, you indicated he was picking up more interest from Wisconsin and Michigan - any idea if there's a possibility of an offer from either of those or if he's seriously looking at walking on at either?

Thanks for the update GopherLady, but do you have an idea if Rock is interested in Wyoming? He's got offers from Cincy and a couple other low-BCS schools (Indy, Wash St), so why would he want to go to Wyoming?

And in your previous update, you indicated he was picking up more interest from Wisconsin and Michigan - any idea if there's a possibility of an offer from either of those or if he's seriously looking at walking on at either?

First of all, welcome to the board, Golden Elephant!

I'm not sure what kind of interest he has in Wyoming. Keep in mind, kids don't always go to the top BCS school they are offered, they go to the best fit, and when you get a new HC, that could turn a team around, it's very appealing to be part of that. But that's just my opinion.

As far as MI and WI go, I haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted if I do!

I would think that Wyoming would be a very attractive offer playing for a coach that has orchestrated one of the most successful and exciting offenses at Mizzou that allows the QB's and receivers in the system to shine.

The Badgers are done at WR, so I would highly doubt there is any additional interest, unless they would recruit him at another position.

There is always the possibility that UW is looking at him as a DB. I know he's received interest from several D1 programs to play on the other side of the ball.

While it ain't Miami, I'd think an offer to play WR (Not DB) in a high powered offense at a D-1 school that clearly REALLY wants you would be attractive to Rock. It seems he's a lot of people's Plan B and I know I'd want to be Plan A, even if it meant a less illustrious school. Bottom line is I'd want to go where I'm really wanted and get along with the coaches. At the end of the day you're going to be living on a college campus 99% of the time regardless of where you go.

Any other news of guys up in Minnesota that maybe looking at Wyoming? I have some family in Laramie and always checking in on their recruiting from time to time.

Top Bottom