Penn State survives Nebraska 3-2

heymyfav

Reaction score
Penn State survived Nebraska in 5 sets in the Final 4,

25-17, 25-18, 15-25, 22-25, 15-11

PSU won the first 2 sets stretching its streak to 111 consecutive before Nebraska dominated set 4. PSU stretches its match win streak to 63.

Stanford trailed Texas 2-0 in the first semifinal before coming back to win 3-2.

First time ever a team rallied from 0-2 deficit in national semifinal to win.

(1) Penn State vs. (2) Stanford Saturday night at 7pm for the title. A rematch of last season's title game which PSU won 3-2.

It was an exciting match. Penn State lost the two games on poor serve receives and passing, which is something I hadn't seen from them all season. To be fair, Nebraska is one of the most aggressive serving teams in the nation.

Probably would've been 3-0 on a neutral court, but 17,000 Nebraska fans really got to Penn State after they got down by a bit. Another one of those cases where if Penn State had at least lost a "set" this season, if not a match, they would've played a lot looser.

I'm picking the Lions in a sweep in the title match.

That was the first time the Rose and crew lost a SET this year. To me that is crazy. I follow college volleyball some and have talked with the Purdue coach and his son and they think this Penn State team is the best team in the history of college volleyball. Thats saying something. Personally I think that they would give the national team a run.

It's kinda unfair that the finals are in Omaha because that leads to a super pro-Nebraska crowd and defeats the idea of a neutral court, but with the NCAA its all about the money and Omaha it the place they will 17000 plus.

Oh, and I agree Penn State sweeps for the NC. The best part about this season ending is for other Big Ten teams is that they won't have to worry about Harmatto and Fawcett any more. And completely ramdomly does anyone else Fawcett is really ugly?

What's weird is Omaha just hosted this event 2 years ago, when Nebraska won their last title. I don't understand how they were rewarded it again right away. Does anyone know if the Twin Cities ever bids for the Final 4? I think they would draw a good crowd.

What's weird is Omaha just hosted this event 2 years ago, when Nebraska won their last title. I don't understand how they were rewarded it again right away. Does anyone know if the Twin Cities ever bids for the Final 4? I think they would draw a good crowd.

Heck, Minnesota has been bidding for a first round game for quite sometime, and this is the first year they've gotten one. Unless the politics change, I don't see a final four anytime soon.

W/r/t Penn St., I think Hebert agrees with the Purdue coach.

They keep getting awarded it because everytime they host they keep breaking the all time attendance volleyball records for men or women in the U.S.

That was the first time the Rose and crew lost a SET this year. To me that is crazy. I follow college volleyball some and have talked with the Purdue coach and his son and they think this Penn State team is the best team in the history of college volleyball. Thats saying something. Personally I think that they would give the national team a run.

It's kinda unfair that the finals are in Omaha because that leads to a super pro-Nebraska crowd and defeats the idea of a neutral court, but with the NCAA its all about the money and Omaha it the place they will 17000 plus.

Oh, and I agree Penn State sweeps for the NC. The best part about this season ending is for other Big Ten teams is that they won't have to worry about Harmatto and Fawcett any more. And completely ramdomly does anyone else Fawcett is really ugly?

I thought the same thing everytime they showed Fawcett, boy is she ugly.

Top Bottom