Gold Outs...

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Looks like they are having one for the big ten opener at the Barn for basketball. I personally think they are very fun and a great way to show gopher spirit. I think it adds a huge dimension to the atmosphere for games and I hope they keep the tradition going. I think it would be great if they did one for the opener of TCF and provided a shirt for each seat to ensure everyone has at least something gold, it would be a special way to welcome a new era of Gopher football. has anyone heard of special things planned for the opener or is it too far ahead? a flyover has always been my dream, and i have heard rumors there will be...can anyone confirm?

I would be shocked if they don't have a fly over at TCF. Purdue had 2 of them this year, 1 time with a single plane and the other time with 4. It's awesome. You don't see or hear them then next thing you know they go wizzing by so fast and then they are gone. Then you just hear the sound for like 30 seconds. It's really cool. Purdue has a long history of flight Neil Armstrong is an alum Amelia Earhart was a advisor here, #1 ranked aero and astro engineering program etc.

The Gophers are playing Air Force I'm pretty sure some one at that school knows some one who flies fighter planes. They can hook you up. Although the Gophers might have some trouble air space right and building hieghts etc. but I'm pretty sure they will have a fly over. The only question is what plane(s) will they use? The new F-22 or F-35 maybe a huge B-2 bomber, the Blue Angels, I know they are Navy but still pretty cool. There are alot of cool options.

I know they are working for one...

Looks like they are having one for the big ten opener at the Barn for basketball. I personally think they are very fun and a great way to show gopher spirit. I think it adds a huge dimension to the atmosphere for games and I hope they keep the tradition going. I think it would be great if they did one for the opener of TCF and provided a shirt for each seat to ensure everyone has at least something gold, it would be a special way to welcome a new era of Gopher football. has anyone heard of special things planned for the opener or is it too far ahead? a flyover has always been my dream, and i have heard rumors there will be...can anyone confirm?

I know from my tour that the U wants this to happen. No guarantee or anything but its a priority just like trying to get GameDay there is too...something tells me we have a slightly better chance with the flyover though! ;)

Ross Bernstein was on KFAN yesterday talking about his books, and he let it slip that he is working on a coffee table style book on Gopher Football, and that TCF is planning on buying 50,000 of them and giving one to each person in the stadium for the first game next year. So that should be nice....

This would be incredible!

Ross Bernstein was on KFAN yesterday talking about his books, and he let it slip that he is working on a coffee table style book on Gopher Football, and that TCF is planning on buying 50,000 of them and giving one to each person in the stadium for the first game next year. So that should be nice....

I'm all for having a gold out, and it'd be great to get shirts...but this would be amazing!

fits what I heard too...

One of the things I heard from Phil Esten was that they wanted to do something special/give something to the season ticket holders to celebrate the opening of TCF and to say thank you. This sounds like it could be it!

Top Bottom