Is Band going?

Rog

Reaction score
If so what are some of the details and schedule?

Yes, the band is going.

We fly out late-morning on the 29th and rehearse that afternoon near our hotel in Tempe. More rehearsals on the 30th, performing at the Fan Fest/Battle of the Bands at 6:00pm. (Somewhere in there is the 'Sota Social too.)

On game day we have a walk through rehearsal in the morning, followed (possibly) by the Gopher Victory Walk and then the game.

If you are going to be at the game, we are performing our pregame show first at about 3:30 MST. KU performs their pregame show second. During halftime, they are first, followed by us.

We fly home early on the 1st.

Yes, the band is going.

We fly out late-morning on the 29th and rehearse that afternoon near our hotel in Tempe. More rehearsals on the 30th, performing at the Fan Fest/Battle of the Bands at 6:00pm.

I don't recall there being a Battle of the Bands two years ago. The ones on 2nd Ave. in Nashville were always good, and one of my favorite memories of the '03 Sun Bowl was watching our band thoroughly embarrass Oregon's band in that "battle."

New this year

I don't recall there being a Battle of the Bands two years ago.

The Battle of the Bands is new for the Insight Bowl. We don't have all of the details yet, they are still trying to figure everything out. Starts at 6pm, there may be some other things going on as well, possibly some concessions and activities.

It's going to be held in a dirt parking lot (no kidding) across the street from the Insight Bowl offices at 7135 Camelback Rd in Scottsdale.

There wasn't one two years ago. This is new for this year. I think there is another one for the Fiesta Bowl as well (for Texas and Buckeye bands).

Top Bottom