Daniel Oturu's hot start is bright spot during Gophers' three-game losing streak

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Lost in the Gophers men’s basketball team’s disappointing 1-3 start this season has been the play of sophomore center Daniel Oturu.

The 6-foot-10 former Cretin-Derham Hall standout is about the only bright spot during a three-game losing streak entering Thursday’s game against Central Michigan.

Oturu is averaging 19 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.5 blocks and shooting 67 percent from the field in four games. He ranks third in the Big Ten in scoring and leads the league in rebounding and field goal percentage.

The Gophers might go as far as Oturu can take them. He’s carrying the load in the post much like All-Big Ten forward Jordan Murphy did the last few years.

“I totally can for sure,” Oturu said about being the go-go guy. “I feel like the last couple games I’ve kind of taken over that role. I’m just trying to do anything I can to help my team win. I listen to coach all of the time. Coach pushes me to play hard all of the time. Coach is always looking for the best for me.”

http://www.startribune.com/daniel-o...ee-game-losing-streak/565097972/?refresh=true

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom