Gophers open -7 @ NW

Huh?

Considering we were 29 point favorites at Rutgers before when we were 6-0 this makes no sense, with or without Tanner.

LOL! People ain't believing that we can win much! Not surprised.

Only 38 for the number too. Apparently there's either a lot of concern about Tanner or little faith in a really strong offense. Gophers should have had more points yesterday.

I'll be anxious to hear an update on Tanner. I'd like to think the team comes out motivated vs. NW Saturday.

If Tanner is playing, I'd hammer the over and us on that spread unless the weather is supposed to be 50mph winds. Sign me up.

Without Tanner we should still win by much more than 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should. I understand the line though. We've always had a hard time at Northwestern, and we may have to play a QB that might make as as one dimensional as we've been in previous years. I wouldn't touch this game until Tanner's status is clearer.

Should. I understand the line though. We've always had a hard time at Northwestern, and we may have to play a QB that might make as as one dimensional as we've been in previous years.

This Northwestern team is as bad as Fitz has had and isn’t that much better than Rutgers IMO and whoever is at QB will still have multiple NFL WR’s to throw too.

Line makes no sense and we don’t even know if Morgan won’t play.

This Northwestern team is as bad as Fitz has had and isn’t that much better than Rutgers IMO and whoever is at QB will still have multiple NFL WR’s to throw too.

Line makes no sense and we don’t even know if Morgan won’t play.

Single digit losses @Nebraska, @Wisconsin, and Purdue. Rutgers hasn't lost a B1G game by less than 4 touchdowns. Cut the hyperbole.

Single digit losses @Nebraska, @Wisconsin, and Purdue. Rutgers hasn't lost a B1G game by less than 4 touchdowns. Cut the hyperbole.

This. I don't get why this board is so confident that heading to Northwestern would be easy. Isn't NW the team that last beat the Gophers prior to @Iowa, and they did it at TCF Bank Stadium? Wasn't NW the only other team to beat us since the Rossi change to DC? Didn't they hold our O to only a couple of TDs at home last year? I posted in another thread that a GH-projected line of -14 seemed way too high to me; -7 seems more appropriate. Especially now that Morgan is questionable and after NW just found a running game.

It's not hyperbole. Northwestern is certainly better but not that much better than Rutgers.

They are both 2-8 with with no Big Ten wins. They also lost to IU by 31, Rutgers lost to them by 35. They lost to OSU by 49, Rutgers lost by 35, they lost 20-0 to Iowa and Rutgers lost 30-0 to them. They lost to MSU by 21. Both their wins came against UMASS by 39 and 27. Northwestern's other win came against a 2-8 UNLV team while Rutgers win came against a 6-4 Libterty team. Northwestern lost by 10 to a 4-6 Stanford team, Rutgers lost by 14 to a 5-5 BOston College.

Last edited:

Alright, taking the Gophers line for the 4th time this season... 3-1 so far...

It’s a little lower than I expected. I’m going to assume it’s due to the QB situation. Yikes.

I don't care what the spread is.

Go to Evanston and punch the Cats' in the nose.

Get the MoJo back, move back into the top 10.

If only performing was as easy as talking!

Minnesota will not earn a top 10 spot w/ a win over Northwestern.
They need to run up the score on UW to earn that spot.

The difference between Northwestern and Rutgers is that Northwestern's defense is solid. Their offense on the other hand has been terrible for most of the year. This is absolutely a game we should win if we play well at all. The absence of Morgan (if he ends up being out) is scary but if you need to start a true freshman in a road game Northwestern is as good as any place for it to happen because they probably won't have much of a crowd there given how the season has gone.

Play smart, get some points on the board and this is one we win to get to 10-1 and setup the huge showdown with Wisconsin at TCF.

Perhaps the oddsmakers are considering that the Gophers haven't scored on the deep rough at Ryan Field in over 6 years. Still, this offense has been able to throw against everyone. If Morgan plays I like the Gophers -7 and the OVER

For what it's worth, weather looks to be around 40 again. Not much wind. Little chance of precipitation. Basically the same forecast as we've had the last two games.

Regarding the line, I'd be surprised if the Gophers don't win by at least 20 here.

Line has moved to 12.5? Hopefully this means Morgan is ready to go!

Per Burnsy:

#Gophers have gone from -7 to -12.5 now since open.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Top Bottom