Gophers # 11 in latest AP Poll

Seems fair. Dinged a little for a tough road loss but not a ton.

This isn’t as fun anymore, but glad we weren’t punished too bad. 11 sounds right for the CFP too.

Hopefully Wisconsin sneaks into the top 10 and we can get a 2nd marquee win.

Baylor only dropped 1 spot!? We dropped 4!?

This isn’t as fun anymore, but glad we weren’t punished too bad. 11 sounds right for the CFP too.

Hopefully Wisconsin sneaks into the top 10 and we can get a 2nd marquee win.

Michigan jumped Wisconsin in both polls despite losing at CR by 21 (down 35-0 at one point). I wouldn’t count on it.

Baylor lost to a team ranked ahead of them.
We lost to a team ranked behind us.
Baylor was and still is behind us.
Really not sure what your rub is with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to believe. Oklahoma totally lit that team up in the 2nd half and put 525 yards on them for the game - on the road.

I think it has more to do with who jumped Gophs based on winning...OU, UU and PSU. I would argue with a two-loss Florida jumping Gophs.

I think it has more to do with who jumped Gophs based on winning...OU, UU and PSU. I would argue with a two-loss Florida jumping Gophs.

Their loses are against #1 LSU and #4 Georgia so not totally shocked they jumped us.

Seems fair. I was expecting worse.

CFP we will be about the same.
Lose to WI we will drop to 15-18.
Beat WI we'll have ability to slide up to 6-8.

I have no issue with #11 right now. It's where I would put them.

I think we're a little further down in the CFP rankings. I'm going to guess we're somewhere #13-15 there. CFP seem a little more biased against us than the polls.

Why is penn State ranked ahead of Minnesota??? And from what I’ve seen of Utah Minnesota would beat them

Why is penn State ranked ahead of Minnesota??? And from what I’ve seen of Utah Minnesota would beat them

While we may have beaten Penn State head to head, their overall body of work and wins is much more impressive than the Gophers. The only ranked team we have beaten is Penn State. They have multiple wins over ranked teams and should be ranked ahead of us. We shouldn’t have lost to Iowa. This is the price we now pay. If we win the next two games we will be back on the top 10 and above everyone else in the Big10 save Ohio State.

But we have to take care of our business. Not crap the bed like we did in Iowa City. Handle Northwestern and then keep your fingers crossed against Becky.

That final game of the season, will be our most difficult test of the season.

The only ranked team we have beaten is Penn State. They have multiple wins over ranked teams and should be ranked ahead of us.

If head-to-head isn't the best way to definitely declare who is better, what is it? I mean, I'd get it if we had 3 or even 2 losses. But we are both 9-1, we hold the head-to-head tiebreaker, and yet they are ranked ahead of us? Huh? Imagine if, for example, the Vikings and Packers tied for the NFC North division title at 12-4, and the Vikings swept the Packers, but the NFL said, "the Packers had a better body of work this year, so we're going to give them the NFC North division championship." The NFL would rightfully be destroyed, and yet this is not only commonplace in NCAA polling, but even defended by fans.

If head-to-head isn't the best way to definitely declare who is better, what is it? I mean, I'd get it if we had 3 or even 2 losses. But we are both 9-1, we hold the head-to-head tiebreaker, and yet they are ranked ahead of us? Huh? Imagine if, for example, the Vikings and Packers tied for the NFC North division title at 12-4, and the Vikings swept the Packers, but the NFL said, "the Packers had a better body of work this year, so we're going to give them the NFC North division championship." The NFL would rightfully be destroyed, and yet this is not only commonplace in NCAA polling, but even defended by fans.

I agree with you, I’m just telling you what voters, and the committee Tuesday night, will be looking at. This isn’t the NFL. Overall body of work is going to matter unfortunately.

But again, if we win out, we will be ahead of them.

And a division would be decided the same way, but if the polls tried that logic for every placement they would get caught in a do-loop by about week 4 (MN beat PSU, but PSU beat IA, but IA beat MN.... now what?).

And a division would be decided the same way, but if the polls tried that logic for every placement they would get caught in a do-loop by about week 4 (MN beat PSU, but PSU beat IA, but IA beat MN.... now what?)

You would have a point if Iowa were also 9-1. But they're 7-3, and thus it's easy. It gets convoluted when it's multiple teams, but these are two teams who are both 9-1 and one beat the other. Obviously, the team who won should be ranked ahead of the other - everywhere on Earth but in polling land.

I agree with you, I’m just telling you what voters, and the committee Tuesday night, will be looking at. This isn’t the NFL. Overall body of work is going to matter unfortunately.

But again, if we win out, we will be ahead of them.

I agree that this is what will happen, I'm just stating factually that it's idiotic and illogical.

It's the same "logic" that has Michigan ranked ahead of wisconsin, despite both being 8-2 and wisconsin beating them by 3 TDs.

Lots of fuss about being #11. Seems pretty good to me for this team thus far. I expected worse this week.

These polls are meaningless until the last CFP is released and even then the results do not count until the final four games are played. Who goes to what bowls are largely decided by the bowl sponsors looking to fill their stadiums.

Not that difficult to figure out. It’s subjective, and they believe PSU is the better team based on overall record, where game was played, who they think would win should they play again.

I predict we fall like a stone in the CFP rankings. Would not be surprised to see Wisconsin and Michigan ahead of us when it comes out tonight.

I predict we fall like a stone in the CFP rankings. Would not be surprised to see Wisconsin and Michigan ahead of us when it comes out tonight.

We lost a close road game to a top 20ish team, we shouldn't fall like a stone for that. We are probably in the 10-13 range.

Top Bottom