TALON - Gophers vs Iowa? It seems like you dominated in stats again

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I was at the GSU game and was unable to follow the Gophers vs Iowa.
Looking at your stats you look like you would have scored 35+ points.
I see that the Gophers had 53 yards of penalties. Did those penalties come at critical times forcing the gophers from a scoring drive?

I'm sorry that this will not be an undefeated season for you.
QUESTION- If you win your next 2 games will you be in your conference playoffs & if you are and win what Bowl is expected?

Friend of Gopher Football

TALON

1st downs- Gophers 23 , Iowa 17

Total Yards - Gophers 431, Iowa 290

Passing yards Gophers 368, Iowa 173
Rushing - Gophers 63 @ 2.1 per attempt, Iowa 117 yards @ 3.8 per attempt.

Time of Possession - Gophers 32:20, Iowa 27:40

Last edited:

Here's how our experts see the bowl matchups after Week 12. Check back each week for their predictions.

Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
Jan. 1, 5 p.m., ESPN
Oregon vs. Minnesota

Outback Bowl
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ESPN
Auburn vs. Minnesota

We were playing from behind early. Our defense needed to make some adjustments and we slowed Iowa down....but not before a lot of damage was done. Lots of field goals rather than touchdowns. Failed 4th downs. Missed field goals. Lots of points left on the field.

We win the next two and we'll be in the conference championship game against Ohio State, most likely. If we win that....a shot at the college football playoffs. More than likely, the Rose Bowl would be where the Gophers went.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It looks like Iowa had to punt 4 times and the Gophers only 2.

It really appears that the Gophers lost by missed opportunities and a few mistakes. The 1st quarter did the Gophers in.

We were playing from behind early. Our defense needed to make some adjustments and we slowed Iowa down....but not before a lot of damage was done. Lots of field goals rather than touchdowns. Failed 4th downs. Missed field goals. Lots of points left on the field.

We win the next two and we'll be in the conference championship game against Ohio State, most likely. If we win that....a shot at the college football playoffs. More than likely, the Rose Bowl would be where the Gophers went.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Like you said the only thing you can or need to do is win out. The rest will fall into place whether its the Rose Bowl, Outback Bowl or a shot at the top 4.

Any of those three would show how much the Gophers have improved and deserve a top bowl!

Top Bottom