no time to criticize

Reaction score
Analyze all you want. We all know why we lost. Unfortunate for our pride that we gave Iowa our first defeat. We still are 9-1, have a superb shot at playing an expected undefeated OSU in Indy. Still will be in the national discussion and have increased our ability to recruit great players. Would have been nice to lock up the division next week but it is not the case so I am letting this one go fast and looking forward to crushing next week and then the show down at our house against what will be a Wisconsin team that is capable and will require our best effort of the year. So far, this has been a dream season and it is far from over and maybe the best part of it is still ahead.

I am letting this one go fast and looking forward to crushing next week

"Crushing" is not guaranteed. NW's running back Hull had a fantastic day yesterday against another poor team, but now they gained a little confidence. We best not look too far ahead to Wisconsin! This NW game can be another LOSS especially if we'll be playing Clark/Kramer. It should be a blowout, it NEEDs to be a blowout to make us look legit. If we have another tight game with a 2-8 team....we're going to continue to look like a crap team to the country and the CPF committee.

This win can't be just a win...we can't say "well a win is a win!" We need to blow out this NW team next week to get ready for Wisconsin. Another tight or another low scoring game, then might as well be a loss in the NCAA football world's eyes.

For whatever reason going to Evanston has often been a problem. Coaches have their work cut out this week to figure everything out.

"Crushing" is not guaranteed. NW's running back Hull had a fantastic day yesterday against another poor team, but now they gained a little confidence. We best not look too far ahead to Wisconsin! This NW game can be another LOSS especially if we'll be playing Clark/Kramer. It should be a blowout, it NEEDs to be a blowout to make us look legit. If we have another tight game with a 2-8 team....we're going to continue to look like a crap team to the country and the CPF committee.

This win can't be just a win...we can't say "well a win is a win!" We need to blow out this NW team next week to get ready for Wisconsin. Another tight or another low scoring game, then might as well be a loss in the NCAA football world's eyes.

You shouldn't go into a game thinking you have to blow them out. That's asking for trouble.

I chose the wrong word, by crushing I meant go down there and have a solid game with no doubts. I agree you cannot have the attitude that your going to score 55 points with a shutout. Yes a win is a win and as far as the committee is concerned, I could care less really. Even if we beat NW 3 to 0 and then go on to beat Wisconsin, our match up with OSU if they survive undefeated, it will garner plenty of national talk.

You shouldn't go into a game thinking you have to blow them out. That's asking for trouble.

Just saying if we want to to look good in the eyes of the "experts" and committee, then a "blow out" win is an absolute. Imagine if we had a close game with a 2-8 team? C'mon...we'd be feeding right into what the entire country is thinking of us.

"Change the narrative" coach Fleck and the players says, well, there is HUGE difference in a true quality win and just a win when we play a 2-8 team. Our team need to show us that they're a force to be reckon with!

I chose the wrong word, by crushing I meant go down there and have a solid game with no doubts. I agree you cannot have the attitude that your going to score 55 points with a shutout. Yes a win is a win and as far as the committee is concerned, I could care less really. Even if we beat NW 3 to 0 and then go on to beat Wisconsin, our match up with OSU if they survive undefeated, it will garner plenty of national talk.

I'm hoping for a "quality win" with us at least meet the spread. If we experience any hardship in this W with NW, then a W with Wisconsin will be even less realistic. If we blow out NW lets say 45-3, I'd feel much better going into our Wisconsin game.

We most certainly do NOT have to crush Northwestern. We have to win the game and pick up our tenth win of the season. That should guarantee us a solid bowl bowl game at the very least with a good shot at the Rose Bowl if we can beat Wisconsin....which I think is very manageable with Coan throwing the ball.

A comfortable win would be nice....but winning the game is the most important thing at this point. To have a shot at the playoffs....we'd need some things to go in our favor. And winning our last two games and then beating (most likely) Ohio State is a tall task. But get these next two and I'd have to think that we'd be going to the Rose Bowl.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed that although the Iowa game hurts it doesn’t change a whole lot. It requires beating WI for the B1GW now, yes, but in the scope of Rose Bowl and CFP I’m not convinced it really changes anything (unless there are upsets on the other side).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry, but do you not believe what you saw out there yesterday. We have no four man pass rush. None. How does that make us a final four team? Do you not think that the voters saw what silly me has seen so easily all season long? We are a very good team that has a fatal, unfixable, core problem that limits who we can play and beat in most games. In other words, we are not a top four team. Top ten? Maybe. Let's see how we do in the Northwestern Championship Game. Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom