Iowa uses Minnesota's 'Ski-U-Mah' slogan to troll Gophers following upset win

I believe they come to TCF in their opener next year with a brand new qb

We'll get them started early on their usual mid-ling performance in the big 10

Whatever.

They still burn dried pig dung to heat their homes in the winter. Economical yes, but that is the only high point.

Good, I'm glad they didn't use "Row the boat". Ski-U-Mah will be cried when we return to glory, long after Fleck is run out of town.

Good, I'm glad they didn't use "Row the boat". Ski-U-Mah will be cried when we return to glory, long after Fleck is run out of town.

Run out of town huh? Another valuable recent GopherHole addition.

THat's witty and does burn a little. Personally, I like focusing on celebrating my team's effort rather than trolling the opponent (which is why I didn't care for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" last week), but it's a good rivalry and that kind of stuff is expected. THeir fans were chanting RTB at the end too.

Good for them.
We pooped in the bed. The prevent defense the entire first half was horrible.

Who cares. We are still playing for the B1G West title and they are out of contention.

We scored less points in the game, but they are still Iowa. So who is the real loser?

Last edited:

THat's witty and does burn a little. Personally, I like focusing on celebrating my team's effort rather than trolling the opponent (which is why I didn't care for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" last week), but it's a good rivalry and that kind of stuff is expected. THeir fans were chanting RTB at the end too.

Agree with this.

It's all good fun, doesn't bother me

This is what we get for being good. I actually kind of smiled filing out of Kinnick yesterday when Iowa heartily rushed the field. It means we've arrived. We're finally participating in nationally relevant college football.

We lost.
They won.
We are 0-0 in our Northwestern week.

Pretty tame response, it's college football. They won this year, they won't win next year.

You don't get that response when you beat the other team. Scheme better and play better. Use that as part of the build up to pound them next year.

Notably, The U played "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" after beating Penn State.

Have to admit, "Ski-U-Nah" is kind of catchy and cleaver!

Good for them. Great win for them, sucks for us. Let them gloat, they've earned it.

As a Gopher fan, I'd post "Ski-U-NAH" too!

I got no problem with it. We troll too. We played Lion Sleeps Tonight after PSU win. To the victor go the spoils if it is done in good taste.

Who cares. Non story. We lost, they have the right to mock us.

I remember going to Kinnick and hearing Iowa fans well "Gophers suck." I found that rather appalling. "Suck?" Seriously? I expected better quality smack than that. Put some effort into it! Show that you've given this some thought. That's why I'm OK with this. It's clever. Shows they've put some thought into it.

Besides, this is probably an Iowa grad student's PhD thesis, so we don't want to discourage him.

You don't get that response when you beat the other team. Scheme better and play better. Use that as part of the build up to pound them next year.

Correct.

Where Penn St is known for playing the Lion King theme song in their stadium.

Social media provides a platform to try to be funny. It's pretty clever IMO. Maybe social media will push the next level of rivalry.

You assume we actually had a scheme on Saturday on defense. I didn't realize "don't try" was a scheme, I guess. They turned it around in the second half. If we'd played aggressive on D against a pedestrian offense from the first snap, the outcome would have been different.

I thought it was great when Illinois played jump around after beating Wisconsin, so I better be ok with a whitty twitter post by Iowa. Good job Hawkeyes - you won on the field and on social media, but you live in Iowa, so we still win in life.

Top Bottom