Tua - Bo Jackson injury

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Bad news on Tua Tagovailoa.

They are saying multiple sources are citing a Bo Jackson type injury.
Really sad for a player playing with such a promising future.

Yes. At some point Saban's practice of running up the scores against inferior teams had to have a karma moment though, not? Bad for Tua. For corrupt Alabama, it's just the next blue chipper in line.

Yes. At some point Saban's practice of running up the scores against inferior teams had to have a karma moment though, not? Bad for Tua. For corrupt Alabama, it's just the next blue chipper in line.
Running up the score? The injury occurred before halftime

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Running up the score? The injury occurred before halftime

The game was already out of hand. Saban was busy "practicing his 2-minute drill".

Hindsight is always 20/20. So what is an accepted lead where starting QB must come out?

We have had several points in games this season where I wondered why Morgan was still playing. But I didn't worry that much. Injuries happen

Impossible for them to know this fast. Bo didn’t just have a hip dislocation but the dislocation also sheared the two circumflex arteries that supply the majority of blood to the femoral head- without that blood flow the femoral head necroses (essentially dies/degrades) and your athletic career is essentially over. Hopefully Tua didn’t have as traumatic of a dislocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Impossible for them to know this fast. Bo didn’t just have a hip dislocation but the dislocation always sheared the two circumflex arteries that supply the majority of blood to the femoral head- without that blood flow the femoral head necroses (essentially dies/degrades) and your athletic career is essentially over. Hopefully Tua didn’t have as traumatic of a dislocation.

Bo’s situation was worse because the didn’t identify the artery issue right away but only after it didn’t heal properly. If it were to happen today, they would see it sooner and could treat it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The game was already out of hand. Saban was busy "practicing his 2-minute drill".

Are backups allowed to score? Or when the backups are put in, are they supposed to kneel every time and then punt? I don't like Alabama, but if you can't handle being scored on, you shouldn't be playing competitive sports. Also, they're still trying to get into the playoff, so taking it easy on teams wouldn't make any sense.

Impossible for them to know this fast. Bo didn’t just have a hip dislocation but the dislocation also sheared the two circumflex arteries that supply the majority of blood to the femoral head- without that blood flow the femoral head necroses (essentially dies/degrades) and your athletic career is essentially over. Hopefully Tua didn’t have as traumatic of a dislocation.

Sounds like you know more about this than I do.

Hopefully it's not a career threatening injury. Kid had a promising NFL future ahead of him and hopefully he still does.

Are backups allowed to score? Or when the backups are put in, are they supposed to kneel every time and then punt? I don't like Alabama, but if you can't handle being scored on, you shouldn't be playing competitive sports. Also, they're still trying to get into the playoff, so taking it easy on teams wouldn't make any sense.

Saban was going to take him out but Tua asked for another series.
Two plays later it happened.

Hindsight's 20/20.

Also, these days of CFP, blowing out an opponent is a key part of eye-test.
And eye-test means (Final score). It does not mean lead by 21 and let the opponent within 7 at the end of the game.

Bo’s situation was worse because the didn’t identify the artery issue right away but only after it didn’t heal properly. If it were to happen today, they would see it sooner and could treat it

It’s extraordinarily hard to repair the vascular damage to the arteries that supply the femoral head if the the arteries are torn in time to avoid necrosis. Surgeries to improve ultimate outcomes from the injury are indeed improving but not likely going to to allow for continuing a football career. Hopefully his arteries are intact.

Saban was going to take him out but Tua asked for another series.
Two plays later it happened.

Hindsight's 20/20.

Also, these days of CFP, blowing out an opponent is a key part of eye-test.
And eye-test means (Final score). It does not mean lead by 21 and let the opponent within 7 at the end of the game.

Agreed. I assume you meant to reply to cncmin though.

It’s extraordinarily hard to repair the vascular damage to the arteries that supply the femoral head if the the arteries are torn in time to avoid necrosis. Surgeries to improve ultimate outcomes from the injury are indeed improving but not likely going to to allow for continuing a football career. Hopefully his arteries are intact.

Agree it is hard to repair. But if you watched the 30 for 30 documentary, Bo said himself that he basically popped the hip back into the socket immediately. Nobody realized the extent of the damage at the time

What does that have to do with the score?

Even in blowouts.....starters typically stay in the game at least through the first half. Especially for a team like Alabama that needs "style" points to make a case for being included in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom